30+ Billion-Dollar Business Ideas You Can Start Today [2021]

30+ Billion-Dollar Business Ideas You Can Start Today [2021]

Interested in starting a billionare business ideas business in 2021?

We put together 30 of the best billionare business ideas businesses you can start in today.

For each business idea, we’ll show you real-world examples of other billionare business ideas businesses to help you see what it really takes.

Here's the full list:

1. Start a cleaning business ($1.2M/year)

Neel Parekh from Los Angeles, CA, USA started MaidThis Franchise over 8 years ago, a cleaning business.

• Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

I originally started MaidThis as a side hustle while I was working at a private equity investment firm. Like many people working the corporate grind, I was fascinated by becoming my own boss.

With any first product or service launch, you’re almost guaranteed to get some aspect of it wrong. You might be priced too low, not be addressing the right target market, or have the package all wrong.

I finally stumbled upon The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris, which turns out is basically the Bible for the digital nomad community, and decided I wanted to experience “location freedom”.

how-i-started-a-100k-month-home-cleaning-service-for-busy-individuals-and-airbnb-hosts

Neel Parekh, on starting MaidThis Franchise ($100,000/month) full story ➜

2. Start a cybersecurity system ($540K/year)

Taylor Hersom from Austin started Eden Data over 1 year ago, a cybersecurity system.

• Location: Austin

In terms of my background, I started my career at Deloitte as an IT Auditor and cybersecurity professional. It was such an incredible experience for me at a young age to be exposed to so many different clients and IT environments. Deloitte also made a significant investment in my training and development, which allowed me to develop myself professionally at a much faster pace.

In 2018, I received a really cool opportunity to become the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at an Austin-based consulting firm. Admittedly, at 28 years old, this was a ‘trial by fire’ experience for me, as there were many aspects of being a C-Suite that I hadn’t learned yet. However, I soon was allowed to build my department in my own vision, so I began working on building professional services offering to offer to clients rather than just focus on my employer’s internal security.

This is where the inspiration for the virtual CISO role came into play: we began offering the ability for our clients to hire me as their outsourced CISO so that they could get the cybersecurity help that they needed without the ridiculously expensive price tag of hiring a CISO (average salary in the US was $204K at the time). I quickly realized as I interacted with these clients and prospects that cybersecurity was a very real problem in the SMB market.

how-i-started-a-45k-month-cybersecurity-consulting-firm-for-startups

Taylor Hersom, on starting Eden Data ($45,000/month) full story ➜

3. Start a food truck ($18M/year)

Jeffrey Mora from Los Angeles, California, USA started Food Fleet over 9 years ago, a food truck.

• Revenue: $1,500,000/ month
  • Location: Los Angeles, California, USA

We started the food truck business in 2012.

We kept finding it very difficult to find locations to operate. We had a booker that we used to find our locations but fell short and we let her go. I took over our booking and found that most people did not want to book just one truck, not only that they were upset that most of the time the trucks didn’t show up or were late.

We learned the real need was not only helping the trucks but providing a turnkey service for the corporations. This was a game-changer for us, we were really struggling financially.

how-i-took-food-trucks-corporate-and-built-a-18m-business

Jeffrey Mora, on starting Food Fleet ($1,500,000/month) full story ➜

4. Start an ecommerce retailing business ($300K/year)

Tom White from Sydney started Breeze Mobility almost 4 years ago, a ecommerce retailing business.

• Location: Sydney

I have a background in digital marketing and running online businesses. I’ve been buying and renovating online businesses for over 12 years, starting with a $50 website about natural toothache relief which I sold for a whopping $200! But whilst this didn’t make me rich it showed me what was possible and I went on to build a small portfolio of online businesses and buy, renovate and sell others.

Treating your existing customers as VIPs will encourage repeat business, reviews, and referrals and it's much easier than finding a new customer!

Before BreezeMobility.com.au I was looking for an opportunity where I could make a bigger impact and build a ‘real’ business I could be proud of. I’m excited about the next few years as I see where I can take the revenue, and the impact Breeze Mobility can make.

how-i-started-a-25k-month-mobility-products-ecommerce

Tom White, on starting Breeze Mobility ($25,000/month) full story ➜

5. Start a construction company ($4.2M/year)

Clifton Muckenfuss from Apex, North Carolina, USA started Carolina Exteriors about 11 years ago, a construction company.

• Location: Apex, North Carolina, USA

The founders are childhood best friends from small-town America (South Carolina). We took different paths after college and approximately 9 years later, reunited in North Carolina. I (Clifton) was recruited from Florida to work for a Mortgage Company in Raleigh, NC and Wesley was already established here (Raleigh) working for a major building materials manufacturer (James Hardie). After the housing crisis, the Mortgage Company went bankrupt and I (Clifton) found myself without a job. I then founded a Residential/Commercial/Cleaning Company (still in operations today, Managed by my wife, Mary Ann) and grew that business from $0 - $500K rapidly.

Surround yourself with POSITIVE people.

Then, Wes and I were talking about the possibility of starting a siding/exterior remodeling company since most of the contractors were retreating after the recession and the ones that remained, didn’t focus on the customer, but rather, only on the transaction.

growing-an-exterior-remodeling-company-from-3-5k-to-9m-year

Clifton Muckenfuss, on starting Carolina Exteriors ($350,000/month) full story ➜

6. Start a recruiting agency ($3.48M/year)

Sharon Koifman from Montreal, Quebec, Canada started DistantJob over 13 years ago, a recruiting agency.

• Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I started off by running and owning a hosting company called Empire Host. We had about 3K clients at the time support was run from two offices in India with nearly 30 employees.

We were also providing an outsourcing package. Our business solutions were really cheap and to be frank, our results were mediocre at best. Although the service was fine for any mom and pop shop or even an “any results will do” kind of company, we noticed that too often, people who run tech companies actually outsourced to companies such as ourselves even work that went into their core offering - because it was cheap.

At the time, what outsourcing really was, was an arbitrage business. But the concept that people would outsource big chunks of their business to a company that does not provide the same level of communication, process, quality control, and culture just because they’ll save a lot of money, that idea really stuck with me.

how-i-started-a-3m-year-remote-worker-recruitment-agency

Sharon Koifman, on starting DistantJob ($290,000/month) full story ➜

7. Start a green business ($180K/year)

Emma Saunders from Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand started The Green Collective almost 7 years ago, a green business.

• Location: Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand

As a mother (three boys under 10) you are suddenly thrown into a world of consumables and your awareness levels go through the roof of everything from health, wellness and ideals.

New Zealand has a clean green image that you proudly uphold as a Kiwi traveling and working the world so to come home to live in 2007 was a starting point to dig deeper into what that means.

'Reduce, reuse and recycle' has always been one of my motto’s, then add 're-purpose, re-fresh and re-create' and you start to get a sense of how I see the world and it’s possibilities.

how-i-started-an-e-commerce-business-from-new-zealand

Emma Saunders, on starting The Green Collective ($15,000/month) full story ➜

8. Start a mobile app development business ($984K/year)

Tim Bornholdt from Minneapolis, MN, USA started The Jed Mahonis Group over 9 years ago, a mobile app development business.

• Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

Growing up, I’ve always been into technology. I built my first website when I was in first grade, I built my first graphing calculator app when I was in sixth grade, and I used to run the internet’s largest website dedicated to Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons.

I waited in line for the iPhone the day it launched in 2007, and I was instantly hooked. I knew I had to learn how to build software for this device. Eventually, I learned how to jailbreak my device which allowed me to run custom apps on it (this being before the launch of the App Store).

Even though I had a passion for technology, I never really wanted a career in it. My dream job was to work as a technical director for live television broadcasts, and the only class that was close to that at my school was the capstone course for the Professional Journalism program. I ended up switching my major from Computer Engineering to that and abandoned any dreams of professionally writing software.

how-we-started-a-82k-month-custom-ios-and-android-apps-development-agency

Tim Bornholdt, on starting The Jed Mahonis Group ($82,000/month) full story ➜

9. Start a niche investment platform ($4.2M/year)

Justin Cooke from North York, Ontario, Canada started Empire Flippers over 9 years ago, a niche investment platform.

• Location: North York, Ontario, Canada

We originally started out as an outsourcing company in the Philippines that helped businesses in the USA with various administrative tasks, but when we lost one of our main clients we had to find a way to fill our team’s hours.

If you are committed to systems and process, then failure holds no meaning because it’s simply you learning the systems and processes better.

So, we heard about this whole niche site thing and had our staff start creating micro niche sites monetized with Adsense. If you’re not familiar with the term, niche sites are usually just small sites that are talking about a specific thing. Usually, they’re heavily informational based (Ex: How do you stop snoring?) but can also include product reviews. Most of them are monetized either through Google Adsense or Amazon’s affiliate program, or a mixture of both. We blogged about the whole journey and soon started selling the sites we made.

empire-flippers-20m-year-helping-people-buy-and-sell-websites

Justin Cooke, on starting Empire Flippers ($349,983/month) full story ➜

10. Become a business consultant ($60K/year)

Christos Kritikos from New York, NY, USA started Emerging Humanity about 4 years ago, a business consultant.

• Location: New York, NY, USA

I think the business and I somehow found each other!

Making honest and authentic choices when it comes to strategic decisions is a top priority.

I started my career 20+ years ago as a technology solutions consultant for small businesses. I would work directly with founders to develop products and services, so I was heavy on the "tech product" side of things. At the same time, I have always been passionate about humanity and society and how they get affected (both positively and negatively) by innovative ideas.

i-built-a-60k-year-blog-that-helps-startups-succeed

Christos Kritikos, on starting Emerging Humanity ($5,000/month) full story ➜

11. Start a niche web design business ($240K/year)

Scott Bishop from Boston, Massachusetts, USA started Up And Social over 7 years ago, a niche web design business.

• Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

I began my business career with the family in-store sampling business, C.A. Courtesy, in the 1990s, while at the same time attending college at Johnson and Wales University, where I pursued a degree in Web Management & Internet Commerce.

I’ve always had a knack for marketing and technology, and when I left C.A. Courtesy, I was the Vice President of Marketing and Technology.

People don’t remember what you say as much as they remember how they felt when you said it.

how-i-started-a-20k-month-web-design-agency

Scott Bishop, on starting Up And Social ($20,000/month) full story ➜

12. Start a copywriting business

Examples of a successful copywriting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a copywriting business:

Learn more about starting a copywriting business ➜

13. Start a livestock farming business

Examples of a successful livestock farming business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a livestock farming business:

Learn more about starting a livestock farming business ➜

14. Start an educational center business

Examples of a successful educational center business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a educational center business:

Learn more about starting an educational center business ➜

15. Start a fish farming business

Examples of a successful fish farming business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fish farming business:

Learn more about starting a fish farming business ➜

16. Start a financial service business ($1.2M/year)

Examples of a successful financial service business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a financial service business:

Learn more about starting a financial service business ➜

17. Start a healthcare services business

Examples of a successful healthcare services business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a healthcare services business:

Learn more about starting a healthcare services business ➜

18. Start a press release service business

Examples of a successful press release service business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a press release service business:

Learn more about starting a press release service business ➜

19. Become a real estate broker

Examples of a successful real estate broker:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a real estate broker:

Learn more about starting a real estate broker ➜

20. Start a car rental business

Examples of a successful car rental business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a car rental business:

Learn more about starting a car rental business ➜

21. Start a YouTube channel

Examples of a successful YouTube channel:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a YouTube channel:

Learn more about starting a YouTube channel ➜

22. Start an insurtech business

Examples of a successful insurtech business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a insurtech business:

Learn more about starting an insurtech business ➜

23. Start a pet training business

Examples of a successful pet training business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a pet training business:

Learn more about starting a pet training business ➜

24. Start a communications consulting business

Examples of a successful communications consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a communications consulting business:

Learn more about starting a communications consulting business ➜

25. Start an in-home senior care business

Examples of a successful in-home senior care business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a in-home senior care business:

Learn more about starting an in-home senior care business ➜

26. Start a legal services business

Examples of a successful legal services business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a legal services business:

Learn more about starting a legal services business ➜

27. Start an importation business

Examples of a successful importation business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a importation business:

28. Start a pet grooming business

Examples of a successful pet grooming business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a pet grooming business:

Learn more about starting a pet grooming business ➜

29. Start an agriculture farming business

Examples of a successful agriculture farming business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a agriculture farming business:

Learn more about starting an agriculture farming business ➜

30. Start a franchise ownership business

Examples of a successful franchise ownership business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a franchise ownership business:

Discover the best strategies of successful business owners

Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.

Useful, convenient, and free:

Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?

Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.

Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.

Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.

Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜