Shipping is essential to running your business.
When you’re running a successful small business, your time is probably spent on two things: acquiring new customers and maintaining existing ones. Put simply, you want your shipping practices to be top-notch, especially when it comes to international shipping. It’s important to have a great online retail experience and quick turnaround times so people keep coming back.
E-commerce is all about customer convenience, and there are tools that can help you ship your product easily. The best shipping tools are considered those that are cloud-based and offer a freight class calculator.
After interviewing thousands of founders, we put together a list of the most popular shipping tools.
Here they are:
Shippo works with the tools you already use to power shipping capabilities once exclusively reserved for retail giants. Now they’re yours, in one convenient place.
More About Shippo
- Analytics, insights, and reports, including intelligent defaults and configurable automation.
- Native connections to the most popular e-commerce platforms
- Implementation-ready APIs
- High-touch customer support to grow with confidence
- Ongoing support from dedicated partner managers
- Grow confidently with a reliable technology partner and 99.99% site uptime
- Integrate your existing branded experience directly with Shippo
- Optimize cash flow by only paying for labels when you print
- Starter: If you need a solution that’s quick and easy with no commitments:- FREE
- Professional: If you’re a high-volume shipper that needs batch and automation workflows:- It Starts at $10/mo.
- Premier: When you have a defined fulfillment flow and need a customized shipping solution:- Contact Us
Additional details about Shippo:
Businesses using Shippo:
Sendcloud is a shipping software designed to help eCommerce businesses handle and streamline checkout processes, delivery tracking, and order returns on a centralized platform.
More About Sendcloud
- Sendcloud allows organizations to print shipping labels using a barcode scanner and generate CN22 forms for customs clearance. Managers can track the status of delivered orders with details including customer’s name, country, order number, processing status, and the selected carrier. It also lets users improve marketing operations by adding Instagram posts or banner advertisements across the branded tracking page.
- Sendcloud offers an API, which enables businesses to integrate the platform with various third-party applications, such as Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and more. It also provides a dashboard, which helps users gain an overview of total shipment returns, shipments per carrier, and per country via actionable analytics.
Sendcloud offers a free trial of 14 days.
- Essential (1-100 orders): Available for free
- Small Shop (100-400 orders): €40 per month
- Large Shop (400-1000 orders): €89 per month
- Business (1000-2500 orders): €179 per month
- Enterprise (2500+ orders): Let's talk
Additional details about Sendcloud:
Businesses using Sendcloud:
ShippingEasy is the online shipping software solution for growing e-commerce merchants like you. Access discounted USPS and UPS shipping rates and print labels in no time.
More About ShippingEasy
Grow your business with the help of ShippingEasy: Get back the time you’ve been wasting on shipping. The money you save on USPS and UPS labels helps you create a healthy bottom line and invest in your business. Keep your customers coming back by branding their entire shipping experience, including:
- Logos on labels
- Customized tracking emails
- Branded tracking experience with web links and social media
- Try ShippingEasy FREE for 30 days
- Starter: $5/mo.
- Basic: $29/mo.
- Plus: $49/mo.
- Select: $69/mo.
- Premium: $99/mo.
- Enterprise: $159/mo.
Additional details about ShippingEasy:
Businesses using ShippingEasy:
Sendle is a small business’s best friend, bringing them the best prices for shipping across the US, guaranteed. Fast, easy carbon-neutral shipping across the US for small businesses. Sendler's enjoy flat rates with no surprises and the guaranteed lowest price among major carriers.
Exclusive Starter Story deal: Sign up for your Sendle account here and get 5 free sends!
More About Sendle
- Major carriers give their best rates to big businesses, but Sendle unlocks those rates by tapping into unused capacity on their routes. Small business customers enjoy easy platform integration with their favorite eCommerce sites and apps, and every shipment is tracked and covered. There’s no membership or minimums, and optional package pickup is always free.
- Sendle is shipping that’s good for the world. Every shipment is 100% carbon neutral, which Sendle achieves via carbon credits and supporting impactful environmental projects around the world. It’s easy being green with Sendle.
- Sendle Standard: Domestic prices from $4.14
- Sendle Premium: Domestic prices from $3.45
- Sendle Pro: Domestic prices from $3.40
Additional details about Sendle:
Businesses using Sendle:
ShipStation makes you exceptionally efficient at syncing, managing, and shipping your orders.
More About ShipStation
- Order Management: With direct integrations to over 70 of the best-selling channels, ShipStation makes it easy to manage all your orders from one platform.
- Shipping: We want to help simplify your shipping workflow.
- Branding: Provide an exceptional post-purchase experience with branded shipping.
- Inventory Management: Efficiently manage your inventory from the warehouse or remote locations.
- Integrations & Partners: Import orders from wherever you sell and create shipping labels for however you ship.
- Free Trial Available
- STARTER:- $9 PER MONTH
- BRONZE:- $29 PER MONTH
- SILVER:- $49 PER MONTH
- GOLD:- $69 PER MONTH
- PLATINUM:- $99 PER MONTH
- ENTERPRISE:- $159 PER MONTH
Additional details about ShipStation:
Businesses using ShipStation:
6. UPS WorldShip
UPS WorldShip software lets you streamline your high-volume shipments, quickly process them from your desktop, save time and reduce errors.
More About UPS WorldShip
- Print labels
- Upload customs documentation
- Set up shipment alerts
- Track shipments
- Export shipment data
- Run reports
Free version available.
Additional details about UPS WorldShip:
Businesses using UPS WorldShip:
SendOwl is an all-in-one solution designed to help creators successfully sell and deliver audiobooks, e-books, photography, software, memberships, event tickets, online courses, and much more.
More About Sendowl
- Sell digital products: Sell on your existing website or blog, integrate with your Shopify store, sell on Socials, leverage our Payment Links, or use our API.
- Fast & secure delivery: We’ll deliver your products fast and safely, regardless of the format or number of orders.
- Scale your marketing: Supercharge your sales with features like 1-click upsells, cart abandonment emails, and affiliates.
- Analyze and manage: Boost your revenue and optimize your sales process with valuable data and insights.
- Standard:- $15/ month
- Premium:- $24/ month
- Business:- $39/ month
- High volume seller? - Contact them for custom pricing.
Additional details about Sendowl:
Businesses using Sendowl:
8. Pirate Ship
Use this free shipping software to get the cheapest USPS shipping rates, which can save you up to 90% with services like Priority Mail Cubic.
More About Pirate Ship
- Pirate Ship is a shipping software that actually makes sense with easy-to-use features. Shipping should be fun!
- Quickly create single labels, turn spreadsheets into shipping labels, or import your eCommerce orders.
- Buy labels for thousands of packages at the same time. Unlike other platforms, Pirate Ship doesn't have limits.
- Quickly compare rates, no USPS or UPS account required. Pick the cheapest or fastest service, for free.
You'll need to contact them for pricing for pro service.
Additional details about Pirate Ship:
Businesses using Pirate Ship:
Using Aftership Make Post-Purchase the Best Part of the Customer Experience. Delight your customers with automated shipment tracking to increase brand loyalty and drive more sales.
More About Aftership
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Actionable insights
- Optimize customer service
- Increase brand awareness
- Drive post-purchase engagement
- Increase repeat customers
- Free: Pricing $0 For 50 shipments per month
- Essentials: Pricing $9/mo For 1,200 shipments per year
- Pro: Pricing $199/mo For 60,000 shipments per year
- Enterprise: Pricing Custom 300,000+ shipments per year
Additional details about Aftership:
Businesses using Aftership:
ShipMonk integrates with your sales channels to make shipping and fulfillment stress-free, so you can focus on scalable growth.
More About ShipMonk
- Easy to use fulfillment software
- Order Fulfillment Services
- Retail Fulfillment
- Pick & Pack
- Bulk Processing
- Powerful Software
- $3.00:- First Item Pick Fee Per Order
- $0.75:- Additional Items Per Order
- $0.20:- Promotional Inserts
- $2.00 + .50/additional item Return Processing
Additional details about ShipMonk:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: shipmonk.com
Businesses using ShipMonk:
EasyPost Shipping API that solves complex logistics problems for online merchants, enabling the delivery of an online shopping experience that delights customers.
More About EasyPost
- Multi-carrier access
- Data-backed optimization
- Easily create labels
- Track packages
- Address verification
- Developer - Ship for free
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
Additional details about EasyPost:
Businesses using EasyPost:
The cloud-based platform to power your global logistics network. A global network of warehouses with advanced fulfillment technology.
More About Shipwire
- Grow your global business
- Business automation eliminates headaches
- Real-time visibility into global inventory and order statuses. Automate local receiving, outbound shipping, and customer returns. Available real-time connections to your shopping cart, website, and major domestic and international marketplaces like eBay and Amazon.
- Reduce shipping and business costs
- Free Trial includes order management and order fulfillment test shipments.
- Pay only when you send in products for storage.
- Starting from: $30/month
- Pricing model: Free, Subscription
Additional details about Shipwire:
Businesses using Shipwire:
Endicia shipping software provides mailing and shipping solutions for online retailers, warehouse shippers, and small business mailers.
More About Endicia
THE #1 USPS SHIPPING SOLUTION
- Access deeply discounted USPS rates
- Automate your shipping process
- Easily connect to your e‑commerce stores
- So, whether you ship one package a day or thousands, domestically or internationally, using a PC or a Mac, Endicia can help.
- Start your 4-week trial today!*
- Service fees as low as $17.99/month plus applicable taxes, if any
Additional details about Endicia:
Businesses using Endicia:
FedEx Ship Manager is a shipping software that offers high-volume shippers a platform from which to automate and manage the entire shipping process. Incorporating shipping profiles, history records, and reports, FedEx Ship Manager aims to deliver an all-in-one shipping management solution.
More About FedEx
Key benefits of using FedEx Ship Manager
- FedEx Ship Manager supports data import, permitting users to import shipping addresses from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, UPS.com, and DHL.com.
- FedEx Ship Manager includes an unlimited number of shipping profiles, enabling users to save package and customer details to manage repeat shipments.
- FedEx Ship Manager allows users to enter billing details into a shipping profile to facilitate shipment billing.
- FedEx Ship Manager includes reporting tools to give users actionable insight into the shipping process.
- FedEx Ship Manager offers comprehensive support, providing users with an interactive help guide and online agent as well as FAQs.
- Free Trial: Available
- To receive accurate pricing information, contact FedEx directly.
Additional details about FedEx:
Businesses using FedEx:
Starshipit is the leading provider of integrated and automated shipping and tracking solutions for online businesses of every age and stage. Integrating with a large range of couriers and eCommerce platforms, Starshipit streamlines every step of your fulfillment process, reduces handling time, minimizes human error, and improves customer experience.
More About StarShipIt
- Starshipit connects eCommerce merchants with their preferred courier companies to simplify the process of fulfilling orders. Create rules for location, weight, SKU, and shipping method to automate your delivery process. You can even manage your courier rates through Starshipit – and we don’t clip the ticket.
- Starshipit makes it easy to connect with customers too. Proactively send email and SMS notifications at every stage of the sales and shipping journey to reduce the number of “Where’s my parcel?” inquiries your support team has to manage.
- Free Trial: Available
- Standard: $40 <50 shipments per month
- Starter Plus: $99 <1,000 shipments per month
- Professional: $130 <2,000 shipments per month
- Enterprise: $199 <4,000 shipments per month
- Enterprise Plus $400 > 10,000 shipments per month
Additional details about StarShipIt:
Businesses using StarShipIt:
An American multinational package delivery and supply chain management company.
More About UPS
Cloud-based transportation management solution that assists logistics firms manage shipments, freight and carriers.
Additional details about UPS:
Businesses using UPS:
Buy USPS postage online from your PC, easily print postage stamps and shipping labels for all USPS mail classes.
Additional details about Stamps.com:
Businesses using Stamps.com:
The global leader in the logistics industry. Specializing in international shipping, courier services and transportation.
Additional details about DHL:
Businesses using DHL:
19. Amazon FBA
Store your products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products.
Additional details about Amazon FBA:
Businesses using Amazon FBA:
Shipping and mailing services.
Additional details about USPS:
Businesses using USPS:
21. Royal Mail
Operates as an universal postal service provider in the United Kingdom, the United States, and other European countries.
Additional details about Royal Mail:
Businesses using Royal Mail:
Packaging for e-commerce brands. Custom boxes to envelope mailers, rubber stamps and tape in a single place.
Additional details about Lumi:
Businesses using Lumi:
23. Route Shipping Insurance
A free plug-and-play shipping insurance app for Shopify merchants.
Additional details about Route Shipping Insurance:
Businesses using Route Shipping Insurance:
24. Canada Post
Trading as Canada Post, is a Crown corporation which functions as the primary postal operator in Canada.
Additional details about Canada Post:
Businesses using Canada Post:
25. Australia Post
Provides reliable and affordable postal, retail, financial and travel services.
Additional details about Australia Post:
Businesses using Australia Post:
26. Order Printer Templates
Custom Invoice, Receipt, Packing Slip & Return Form templates.
Additional details about Order Printer Templates:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Twitter: @FORSBERGtwo
- Website: https://apps.shopify.com/order-printer-templates?ref=starter-story
Businesses using Order Printer Templates:
Parcel delivery and courier services.
Additional details about Parcel2Go:
Businesses using Parcel2Go:
Provides logistics services. The Company offers domestic and international and LTL shipping, intermodal, cargo insurance, air freight, and mailing services.
Additional details about Unishipper:
Businesses using Unishipper:
Connect all of your online e-commerce stores with all shipping carriers.
Additional details about Shipworks:
Businesses using Shipworks:
30. Return Magic
Auto-magically generate labels, refunds and emails to save time and enhance your shopping experience.
Additional details about Return Magic:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: returnmagic.com
Businesses using Return Magic:
Shipping engine for modern retail that saves time.
Additional details about Shippit:
Businesses using Shippit:
Free platform built to streamline the shipping process.
Additional details about GoSweetSpot:
Businesses using GoSweetSpot:
Handles everything from storefront to supply chain. All you need are ideas.
Additional details about Teespring:
Businesses using Teespring:
34. Chit Chats
Offers innovative shipping services technology that helps businesses effortlessly manage shipping every step of the way, from pick-up to delivery.
Additional details about Chit Chats:
Businesses using Chit Chats:
35. XPS Shipping
100% free shipping software. Always get the best shipping rate in the world.
Additional details about XPS Shipping:
Businesses using XPS Shipping:
Freightcom is a cloud-based software platform that makes it easy for you to manage the entire shipping process and take advantage of our deeply discounted shipping rates. We’ve simplified the entire process of calling a carrier, obtaining a rate, booking a shipment, tracking it, confirming delivery and much more. ClickShip, is our easy-to-use and innovative eCommerce shipping solution, enables seamless eCommerce fulfillment.
Additional details about freightcom:
Businesses using freightcom:
37. Sweetwater Logistics
Additional details about Sweetwater Logistics:
Businesses using Sweetwater Logistics:
38. Falcon Fulfillment
Boutique fulfillment company specializing in high volume consumable product businesses.
Additional details about Falcon Fulfillment:
Businesses using Falcon Fulfillment:
International shipping made easy, affordable and friction free.
Additional details about Flavorcloud:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Twitter: @FlavorCloud
- Website: https://apps.shopify.com/flavorcloud?ref=starter-story
Businesses using Flavorcloud:
Enables online shops to easily outsource their entire logistics with just a few clicks and thus offers a scalable solution for e-commerce fulfillment.
Additional details about byrd:
Businesses using byrd:
41. Loop Returns
Is to lead consumers to love what we buy, through deepening our connection to brands and products.
Additional details about Loop Returns:
Businesses using Loop Returns:
Provides discounted Small Parcel and LTL freight services for Canadian and US e-commerce merchants.
Additional details about Netparcel:
Businesses using Netparcel:
Audits and claims shipping refunds from FedEx and UPS.
Additional details about 71lbs:
Businesses using 71lbs:
Order fulfillment services.
Additional details about Fulfillrite:
Businesses using Fulfillrite:
Track parcels and letters.
Additional details about PostNord:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: postnord.com
Businesses using PostNord:
Fully automated shipping integration platform.
Additional details about Shiptheory:
Businesses using Shiptheory:
Shipping Insurance offers package insurance for all carriers including FedEx, UPS & USPS.
Additional details about U-Pic:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: https://u-pic.com/
Businesses using U-Pic:
48. Drop Ship Lifestyle App
A dropshipping training program that includes a main course, multiple mini courses, software, and tools to help entrepreneurs break into dropshipping.
Additional details about Drop Ship Lifestyle App:
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: dropshiplifestyle.com
Businesses using Drop Ship Lifestyle App:
A Transportation Management Systems that reduced shipping expenses by comparing rates and services with all the carriers to find the best price.
Additional details about 2ship:
Businesses using 2ship:
Providing unique and affordable shipping solutions that optimise every aspect of delivery.
Additional details about GFS:
Businesses using GFS:
Shipping platform that helps retailers manage the fulfillment process from the shopping cart through to delivery.
Additional details about Temando:
Businesses using Temando:
52. Parcel Monkey
Compare cheap parcel delivery and courier prices.
Additional details about Parcel Monkey:
Businesses using Parcel Monkey:
Is everything you need to communicate well with your customers: email sending API, targeted messaging, and so much more.
Additional details about Sidemail:
Businesses using Sidemail:
An eCommerce fulfillment service that accelerates your sales on all channels – including Walmart, eBay, and Shopify.
Additional details about Deliverr:
Businesses using Deliverr:
An international courier delivery services company.
Additional details about TNT:
Businesses using TNT:
A logistics solution that optimizes packing, shipping, and same-day delivery operations.
Additional details about Wynd:
TRAVERSE Accounting and Business Software is a business accounting software suite for small- to medium-sized businesses using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
More About Traverse
- Insight to capitalize on new opportunities
- Adaptable applications customized to your specific needs
- Maximized efficiency and productivity
- Interactive dashboards for easier decision making
- An affordable solution to deploy, adapt to changes and maintain your accounting systems
- Powerful and customizable reporting
- Traverse pricing starts at $100.00 per month.
- They do not have a free version.
- Traverse does not offer a free trial.
Additional details about Traverse:
- Pricing: Paid
- Website: osas.com/traverse
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.