41 Creative Flea Market Business Ideas

Seeking to start a flea market business but not quite sure what to start?

The good news is, there are so many opportunities to become an entrepreneur and build an innovative product/service in this line of work.

If you're looking to start your own flea market business, there are several low-investment options you can choose from.

We put a list together below of the most creative flea market business ideas you can start today!

Here they are:

1. Start a electronics repair business ($0/year)

Allen Chiang from Connecticut, USA started Retro Radio Farm almost 7 years ago, a electronics repair business.

• Location: Connecticut, USA

One day back in 2012, I happened to go to a local flea market. I wasn’t looking for anything in particular, and I'm not a flea market or garage sale regular.

I noticed these two old radios for $15 each. I had not been interested in old radios before, and I was not a collector or a retro guy. These particular radios were from 1950s, bright and colorful, oozing with retro pride, but in sad, neglected shape.

As far as my professional background, I have an electrical engineering degree but never worked on radios. My understanding of these things was only basic at best. I knew analog audio sounded better than digital from my guitar days.

finding-and-repairing-retro-radios-turned-into-a-successful-side-hustle

Allen Chiang, on starting Retro Radio Farm ($0/month) full story ➜

2. Start a antique business ($180K/year)

Tim Showalter from Indianapolis, Indiana, USA started Hoosierboy Restorations LLC over 7 years ago, a antique business.

• Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

At 10-years-old I saw a bicycle in a neighbor’s trash can and asked if I could have it. I ended up with two broken bikes and combined them to make one, which I rode and eventually sold.

In junior high school, I took woodshop and fell in love with woodworking. Evenings, my father, the school superintendent who had started out as a shop teacher, would take me to the school’s woodshop and we’d build furniture and Christmas presents and fix things.

Today, my career is based around restoring old bicycles, pedal cars, Coke machines as well as other items. I previously worked at Beech Grove schools doing education technology, but began to get burned out and wanted to do something that I really enjoyed. Around that same time a TV show called “American Restoration” was on the History Channel, and it inspired me. I thought, ‘Wow, that guy [on TV] is making a living at restorations, maybe I can do the same”. So I just kind of blindly cashed in my 401k and jumped into it not knowing what to do or how to run a business or anything like that. I started in my mom’s garage, and I put up a website right away.

how-i-left-a-25-year-career-to-start-a-15k-month-antiques-restoration-business

Tim Showalter, on starting Hoosierboy Restorations LLC ($15,000/month) full story ➜

3. Start a brewery ($1.44M/year)

Diego Benitez from Los Angeles, California, USA started Progress Brewing about 7 years ago, a brewery.

• Location: Los Angeles, California, USA

I graduated with a PhD in chemistry in 2005 and after working in academia for a few years as a nanotechnology researcher, I joined a small angel venture investment firm as a technology analyst.

One option was to get a regular job, or… we could start a brewery.

I participated in the founding of a few angel-backed companies and as the venture fund dried up, I joined one of the portfolio companies as Chief Technology Officer. The company, Amicrobe, Inc. is focused on developing biomaterials to address antibiotic resistance.

how-this-entrepreneur-started-a-2m-craft-brewery

Diego Benitez, on starting Progress Brewing ($120,000/month) full story ➜

4. Start a gardening tools company ($4.8M/year)

Parker Garlitz from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA started True Leaf Market over 46 years ago, a gardening tools company.

• Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Our history is a little complicated because True Leaf Market as a business is the culmination of several businesses that all came together. There are various threads that weave together. I’ll start with my thread first.

In 2000, my sister Kaitlin had graduated from High School and was preparing for college. At the time I ran a small business repairing laser printers and selling printer supplies. I had started that business in 1990 serving my local area but soon discovered the Internet as a way to reach a wider market. I listed a refurbished NeXT Laser Printer on the UseNet in 1995 and ended up selling it to someone in Portugal. In 1995, that was just completely crazy to me. I was hooked and got obsessed with marketing online and by 2000 was doing much more revenue online than I was doing with the original local business. Bottom line is, I spent years in front of a computer learning how to market online by simple trial and error.

Kaitlin approached me about helping her start an online business in order to pay her way through college. We brainstormed and decided to focus on something she was passionate about. Kaitlin is a vegan and was getting into growing and juicing wheatgrass. We decided to partner up and sell wheatgrass growing kits and juicers online. We started in my garage. She would run the business day-to-day, and I would handle the online presence and marketing. We founded Living Whole Foods, Inc., and launched our first website.

how-we-started-a-400k-month-business-selling-seeds-and-growing-supplies

Parker Garlitz, on starting True Leaf Market ($400,000/month) full story ➜

5. Start a sunglasses business ($300K/year)

Jeff Phillips from Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia started Grown Eyewear over 9 years ago, a sunglasses business.

• Location: Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia

I was a teacher and would find my mind wandering to product ideas in class. I would say I was a good teacher and liked doing it, but it was clear that it wasn’t quite enough. In 2009 I had launched a headwear brand (Beardo®) and it was going quite well, but I had an urge to do something that would do good. So odd as it seems, the idea to create a company that ‘did only good’ came long before the actual product idea.

Be stubborn in your pursuits, but not so stubborn that you won’t humor the idea of changing paths if something isn’t likely to work.

I didn’t know what I was going to sell, only that the profits would go to help others. I was first inspired by a documentary I saw on TV in Australia about an eye doctor named Fred Hollows.

starting-a-wooden-sunglasses-brand-and-getting-on-shark-tank

Jeff Phillips, on starting Grown Eyewear ($25,000/month) full story ➜

6. Start a jewelry making business ($48K/year)

Lindsay Ann Gottschall and Courtney Joy Bleier from Miami, Florida, USA started Ann + Joy ago, a jewelry making business.

• Location: Miami, Florida, USA

Courtney Joy always wanted to be a teacher as a little girl. She used to pretend to teach in her childhood home basement on Long Island, New York. Growing up in an artistic family, she became a figurative and landscape artist and eventually attended art school. After college, she decided to merge her two childhood passions together and became an art teacher.

Lindsay Ann expressed herself through art in a different way. She was in the theater and went to school for drama in New York City. While pursuing her dream of acting, she also made beaded jewelry on the side. It quickly became a passion of hers and would help lead her down a new path in life.

Within our first 3 months, we sold over 100 orders, resulting in more than $3,000 in revenue. By the end of our first year, we had sold over 2,300 orders, resulting in more than $65,000.

how-we-started-a-4k-month-handmade-flower-and-resin-jewelry-business

Lindsay Ann Gottschall and Courtney Joy Bleier, on starting Ann + Joy ($4,000/month) full story ➜

7. Start a phone case business ($600K/year)

Andrew Moore from Toronto, Ontario, Canada started Felony Case over 8 years ago, a phone case business.

• Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It’s a funny origin story, because I never set out to start an iPhone case company.

I had just graduated from college and I was working as a driver delivering construction supplies. It gave me a ton of time to listen to podcasts and I was really drawn to tech and startup focused ones. I had an idea for a while to do a wishlist website where people could create and share a list of gifts they wanted. I ended up having the site built, but I didn’t know how to get people using the website.

Don’t be afraid to start! Don’t overthink it, get a product out into the world and start your journey.

how-i-started-and-grew-a-50k-mo-phone-case-business

Andrew Moore, on starting Felony Case ($50,000/month) full story ➜

8. Start a t-shirts business

Examples of a successful t-shirts business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a t-shirts business:

9. Start a vintage housewares business

Examples of a successful vintage housewares business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a vintage housewares business:

10. Start an upcycled furniture business

Examples of a successful upcycled furniture business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a upcycled furniture business:

11. Start an used fitness equipment and gear business

Examples of a successful used fitness equipment and gear business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a used fitness equipment and gear business:

12. Start an used book store business

Examples of a successful used book store business:

13. Start a second-hand shoes and bags business

Examples of a successful second-hand shoes and bags business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a second-hand shoes and bags business:

14. Start a gaming, sports and entertainment center business

Examples of a successful gaming, sports and entertainment center business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a gaming, sports and entertainment center business:

15. Start a painting business

Examples of a successful painting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a painting business:

16. Start an eco-friendly toy business

Examples of a successful eco-friendly toy business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a eco-friendly toy business:

17. Start an ice cream shop business

Examples of a successful ice cream shop business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a ice cream shop business:

18. Start a fresh farm produce business

Examples of a successful fresh farm produce business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fresh farm produce business:

19. Start a tatoo removal business

Examples of a successful tatoo removal business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a tatoo removal business:

20. Start a dress mending business

Examples of a successful dress mending business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a dress mending business:

21. Start a car accessories business

Examples of a successful car accessories business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a car accessories business:

22. Start a herbs business

Examples of a successful herbs business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a herbs business:

23. Start a seasonal items business

Examples of a successful seasonal items business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a seasonal items business:

24. Start an essential oils business

Examples of a successful essential oils business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a essential oils business:

25. Start a spices business

Examples of a successful spices business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a spices business:

26. Start an old stamps and coins business

Examples of a successful old stamps and coins business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a old stamps and coins business:

27. Start an used electronics business

Examples of a successful used electronics business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a used electronics business:

28. Start a home organizers business

Examples of a successful home organizers business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a home organizers business:

29. Start a wall clock and alarm clock business

Examples of a successful wall clock and alarm clock business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a wall clock and alarm clock business:

30. Start a junk sales business

Examples of a successful junk sales business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a junk sales business:

31. Start a hairstyling business

Examples of a successful hairstyling business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a hairstyling business:

32. Start a restaurant

Examples of a successful restaurant:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a restaurant:

33. Start a perfume business

Examples of a successful perfume business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a perfume business:

34. Start a fancy key holders business

Examples of a successful fancy key holders business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fancy key holders business:

35. Start a kitchen utensils business

Examples of a successful kitchen utensils business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a kitchen utensils business:

36. Start a fresh juice and smoothies business

Examples of a successful fresh juice and smoothies business:

37. Start a baseball caps business

Examples of a successful baseball caps business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a baseball caps business:

38. Start an african black soap business

Examples of a successful african black soap business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a african black soap business:

39. Start an artworks business

Examples of a successful artworks business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a artworks business:

40. Start a second-hand clothing business

Examples of a successful second-hand clothing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a second-hand clothing business:

41. Start an athletic footwear business

Examples of a successful athletic footwear business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a athletic footwear business:

Starter Story,   Founder of Starter Story

Share the story of Starter Story!