35 Creative Business Ideas For Marketing Experts

Starter Story

Interested to start a business as a marketing expert but not quite sure what to start?

The good news is, there are so many opportunities to become an entrepreneur and build an innovative product/service in this line of work.

If you're looking to start your own business as a marketing expert, there are several low-Investment options you can choose from.

We put a list together below of the most profitable business ideas for marketing experts you can start today!

Here they are:

1. Become a facebook ads consultant ($36M/year)

Kean Graham from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada started MonetizeMore about 11 years ago, a Facebook ads consultant.

• Revenue: $3,000,000/ month
  • Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I originally fell in love with the online industry when working for a large online classified network. The job was an immense learning experience but once the recession hit, the company decided to lay off the marketing department. I lost the best job I ever had but I was determined to turn the bad into something great.

With the devotion to improve a little bit every single day, one can accumulate incredible improvement and success.

Five days later, I'm on a plane to South America to go on a life changing trip. Four months into my backpacking trip I was on a four-day trek through the incredible Inca trail towards Machu Picchu. By the end of it, I was sitting on top of Wayna Picchu reflecting on my experiences throughout my trip. I have had the most fulfilling time of my life and it finally clicked:

how-i-disrupted-the-ad-industry-and-grew-my-business-to-20m-year

Kean Graham, on starting MonetizeMore ($3,000,000/month) full story ➜

2. Start a podcast production company ($240K/year)

Jeremy Enns from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada started Counterweight Creative almost 5 years ago, a podcast production company.

• Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I went to school for audio engineering, initially wanting to produce records for bands and artists. After graduating in 2012, I interned at a big studio in my hometown of Vancouver, and while I learned a lot, I quickly realized that I didn’t have the drive (or financial ability) to show up at the studio at 8am and work (for free) until 4am six or seven days a week for a year or more before moving up into a position that might pay $10/hr and actually start getting paid to work on music.

I went home that night, started a profile on UpWork, got my first client three days later, and within six months had quit my landscaping job and was working for myself full time as a podcast producer.

After interning just a couple of days per week for over a year, while also working full-time at a retail job, I quit the internship and put my dreams of working in the music industry behind me. I worked a number of manual labour jobs including landscape construction and maintenance, tree planting in northern Canada, and others before taking a year off to travel, bicycling across Europe, and backpacking through the Balkans, and Asia.

how-i-started-a-successful-podcast-production-company

Jeremy Enns, on starting Counterweight Creative ($20,000/month) full story ➜

3. Start a social media analytics business ($1.2M/year)

Juan Pablo Tejela from Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain started Metricool almost 5 years ago, a social media analytics business.

• Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain

Both my wife and I are software developers. We decided to start building software that helps bloggers understand the results of their content and its impact on social media. My wife had experience as a blogger and for me, digital marketing is one of my passions, as well as Internet businesses. At the time, I had 14 years of experience in software development with different companies and I felt confident that it was time to build our own project.

My way of managing the business is quite conservative and prudent, I often question whether or not I should have taken a more aggressive path when it came to investments and funding.

It all started as a side project because we both had our respective jobs. Metricool was initially offered at no cost as an experiment. However, in a short time, between 4,000 and 5,000 people had signed up, which encouraged us to make the jump and test a new business model based on a Premium subscription. We included some professional features focused on social media managers and the results were promising. Six months later, we reached a monthly recurring revenue of $3,000 which was the final push to help us decide that it was the right moment to dedicate more time to the project, quit my day job, and start building a team to boost the growth.

The business started with $10,000 that we had earned during the first few months of Metricool. We contributed an additional $10,000 from our family savings and $30,000 that my mother lent us. We wanted to avoid external financing (such as Venture Capital or Business Angels) because with 50k and some recurring revenue we could proceed even if it was a little slower at first.

bootstrapping-a-100k-month-social-media-planner-and-analytics-tool

Juan Pablo Tejela , on starting Metricool ($100,000/month) full story ➜

4. Start a seo business ($33.6K/year)

Nick Swan from Bude, England, United Kingdom started SanityCheck over 3 years ago, a SEO business.

• Location: Bude, England, United Kingdom

I have been building websites and doing SEO since around 1998 (yes I’m 39!) which was pre-Google. The good old days of Alta Vista, Excite, keyword stuffing and transparent text on pages!

I studied Software Engineering at University and helped fund this by building websites and doing SEO in the evenings and spare time.

After a few years of employment after leaving University, I co-founded a business that built tools and extensions for Microsoft SharePoint. Part of my role in this business was looking after the marketing website and so I continued to work in the SEO space.

how-my-daughter-s-leukemia-diagnosis-gave-me-a-new-perspective

Nick Swan, on starting SanityCheck ($2,800/month) full story ➜

5. Start a journal business ($480K/year)

Ollie Aplin from Brighton, England, United Kingdom started MindJournal almost 5 years ago, a journal business.

• Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom

I’ve personally kept a journal for 10 years now, ever since I first went into therapy to recover from PTSD. My mum took her own life 2 years prior to my breakdown, and I never really got to grips with my emotions or how to process everything that had ever happened.

When I started therapy I was still stuck in the mindset that talking about how I felt was not something I should do. So talking therapy was the most unnatural experience for me. So to help, my therapist recommended I tried journaling – as a way of privately thinking about how I felt and what was on my mind. It was a game-changer of a moment for me.

creating-a-journal-to-help-men-around-the-world

Ollie Aplin, on starting MindJournal ($40,000/month) full story ➜

6. Start an email newsletter business ($1.2K/year)

Qin Xie from London, England, United Kingdom started Money Talk 8 months ago, a email newsletter business.

• Location: London, England, United Kingdom

My day job is a travel editor for a national newspaper in the UK, which I absolutely love. But because of the coronavirus pandemic, I was put on furlough at the beginning of May.

The great thing about launching a newsletter as a subscription product is that the overheads are low - or in my case, zero. The only thing I had to give up was my time, and I had plenty of it.

That month coincided with lots of journalists around the world getting laid off. Needless to say, I was seriously worried about whether or not I’d have a job by the end of the furlough period and how I’d make up the difference in income.

on-starting-a-reader-funded-newsletter-about-personal-finance

Qin Xie, on starting Money Talk ($100/month) full story ➜

7. Become a ppc consultant ($36K/year)

Paul Franklin from Bath started SideGains over 1 year ago, a PPC consultant.

• Location: Bath

I started my business in 2015 when I was made redundant as a result of business restructuring. Luckily for me, someone who I knew through a past business relationship in the industry heard about this and head-hunted me as a contractor to run his PPC campaigns. So I walked straight from redundancy into a contracting position.

I’d recommend making plans and setting targets. If you just work without something to aim for you’ll just coast along and without a sense of achieving things you’ll struggle.

In a sense I hadn’t planned on becoming a business owner, it just sort of happened naturally. Had I never been made redundant, I might still be an employee.

on-starting-a-3k-month-ppc-and-wordpress-development-business

Paul Franklin, on starting SideGains ($3,000/month) full story ➜

8. Start an advertisment business

Examples of a successful advertisment business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a advertisment business:

9. Start a digital research analysis business

Examples of a successful digital research analysis business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a digital research analysis business:

10. Start a tradeshow promoter business

Examples of a successful tradeshow promoter business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a tradeshow promoter business:

11. Start a contest marketing business ($24K/year)

Examples of a successful contest marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a contest marketing business:

12. Start a tv advert creator business

Examples of a successful tv advert creator business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a tv advert creator business:

13. Start a visual marketing business

Examples of a successful visual marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a visual marketing business:

14. Start a data analysis business

Examples of a successful data analysis business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a data analysis business:

15. Start an influencer marketing business

Examples of a successful influencer marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a influencer marketing business:

16. Start a social media engagement business

Examples of a successful social media engagement business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a social media engagement business:

17. Start an ecommerce management business

Examples of a successful ecommerce management business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a ecommerce management business:

18. Start a social media marketing business ($96K/year)

Examples of a successful social media marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a social media marketing business:

19. Start a marketing training school business

Examples of a successful marketing training school business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a marketing training school business:

20. Become an event promotor

Examples of a successful event promotor:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a event promotor:

21. Start a retargeting adverting business

Examples of a successful retargeting adverting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a retargeting adverting business:

22. Start a copywriting business

Examples of a successful copywriting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a copywriting business:

23. Start a google advert consulting business

Examples of a successful google advert consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a google advert consulting business:

24. Start a digital marketing business ($1.2M/year)

Examples of a successful digital marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a digital marketing business:

25. Start an ad banner design creation business

Examples of a successful ad banner design creation business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a ad banner design creation business:

26. Start a marketing consulting business

Examples of a successful marketing consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a marketing consulting business:

27. Start a text messaging consulting business

Examples of a successful text messaging consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a text messaging consulting business:

28. Start a strategic marketing analyst business

Examples of a successful strategic marketing analyst business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a strategic marketing analyst business:

29. Start a google display ads consulting business

Examples of a successful google display ads consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a google display ads consulting business:

30. Become an affiliate marketer

Examples of a successful affiliate marketer:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a affiliate marketer:

31. Start a communications consulting business

Examples of a successful communications consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a communications consulting business:

32. Start a content marketing business

Examples of a successful content marketing business:

33. Start a SEM business

Examples of a successful SEM business:

34. Start an interstitials creation business

Examples of a successful interstitials creation business:

35. Start a video marketing business

Examples of a successful video marketing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a video marketing business: