25 Firefighter Side Hustle Business Ideas You Can Start Today [2021]

25 Firefighter Side Hustle Business Ideas You Can Start Today [2021]

Interested in starting a firefighter side hustle business in 2021?

We put together 25 of the best firefighter side hustle businesses you can start in today.

For each business idea, we’ll show you real-world examples of other firefighter side hustle businesses to help you see what it really takes.

Here's the full list:

1. Start a fire safety business ($3.65M/year)

Peter Thorpe from Utah, USA started FireAvert over 9 years ago, a fire safety business.

• Location: Utah, USA

I’m a full-time firefighter in Provo, Utah, and that’s where I saw the need for FireAvert. I went on so many fire calls where someone simply forgot they were cooking, and I thought to myself, β€œThere has to be a solution to this!”

Unattended cooking is the #1 cause of fires, and as a firefighter, I saw this first-hand. I decided that I could solve this problem and started on this adventure of creating something that would stop the needless destruction.

I didn’t always envision myself as an entrepreneur. When I was in high school I was a lifeguard and we had an incident where paramedics had to come to help someone who had been injured at the pool and I thought to myself, β€œI want to be like them.” So after graduating I went to paramedic school and got certified as a firefighter.

how-this-firefighter-invented-a-3-6m-product-that-prevents-kitchen-fires

Peter Thorpe, on starting FireAvert ($304,000/month) full story ➜

2. Start a dog walking business ($648K/year)

Melodi Landi from Remote started Furry Fellas Pet Service LLC over 15 years ago, a dog walking business.

• Location: Remote

I have always had a passion for animals. I was going to school full time at the University of Rhode Island as a Pre-Vet student while working full time at a local veterinary hospital AND picking up pet sitting and dog walking clients on the side.

Since my late teenage years, I have known that I wanted to work with animals. While working at the animal hospital, I saw a great need for this type of service, and soon after decided to start this business!

I would often come across clients who had not traveled in years because their pets required specialized care or medications or because they did not know who to ask or whom they could trust with their pets and their home.

how-i-started-a-54k-month-pet-sitting-and-dog-walking-business

Melodi Landi, on starting Furry Fellas Pet Service LLC ($54,000/month) full story ➜

3. Start a blogging business ($60K/year)

Chhavi Agarwal from New Delhi, Delhi, India started Mrs Daaku Studio about 3 years ago, a blogging business.

• Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

I am a licensed attorney in India and right after my master’s in law, I started working with a leading company as a lawyer. I worked there for about two years before I quit my job to become more location independent.

Choose a niche in whatever you start. It is critical for streamlining your efforts and make money.

My job paid me well but I worked 12 hours a day, I was exhausted by the end of each day, spent my weekends sleeping and I almost quit the things I liked to do - for example, sketching, yoga, traveling, etc.

how-this-couple-makes-5k-month-generating-content-about-ways-to-make-money-online

Chhavi Agarwal, on starting Mrs Daaku Studio ($5,000/month) full story ➜

4. Start a landscaping business ($13.2M/year)

Terry Morrill from SUN VALLEY started Pacific Outdoor Living over 22 years ago, a landscaping business.

• Revenue: $1,100,000/ month
  • Location: SUN VALLEY

It hasn't always been easy. I've had many different businesses over my life. I first started purchasing, renovating, and reselling apartment buildings. I started with a 5-unit building in Los Angeles and after selling it successfully, I purchased a completely dilapidated 66-unit building that scared me to death! But I made it through and over those first years made over one million dollars.

I rolled the dice and continued to buy, renovate, and sell until the bottom dropped out of the market. On January 17, 1994, the Northridge Earthquake devastated Southern California. During this period there was a negative migration in Los Angeles and our vacancy rates hit 40%. Being unable to support the mortgages, I lost all of my properties - over 250 units.

From 1994 to 1999, I started a company from scratch that built homes in Mexico. I sold insurance, ran an automatic door company, was the general manager for a bicycle specialty company, and sold copper pipe.

how-i-started-a-16m-year-landscape-design-company

Terry Morrill, on starting Pacific Outdoor Living ($1,100,000/month) full story ➜

5. Become a real estate agent ($4.2M/year)

Grigory Pekarsky from Chicago, Illinois, USA started Vesta Preferred Realty about 12 years ago, a real estate agent.

• Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA

I stumbled into real estate. There is no personal history with real estate in my family or in anything I got into as a young kid trying to find my way.

I realized my real competitive edge was that I always picked up the phone, showed up every day and just did the work. Everyone always thinks there is some secret the most successful real estate agents keep to themselves.

My studies were actually centered in Veterinary Medicine at Michigan State University (Go Green!). By Junior year it became apparent to me that I love animals but not so much the idea of being a Vet. So I did a 180 degree turn and finished with a Finance Major.

how-i-became-a-real-estate-agent-and-started-my-own-firm

Grigory Pekarsky, on starting Vesta Preferred Realty ($350,000/month) full story ➜

6. Start a personal training business ($720K/year)

Chris Anderson from Overland Park, Kansas, USA started Live Fit over 10 years ago, a personal training business.

• Location: Overland Park, Kansas, USA

I started Live Fit because I felt I was running out of options in the industry I loved so much. Personally, I felt the misses in the personal training industry and wanted to change that. Personal Training, as well as all types of fitness, can be very intimidating to most people. And honestly, the people that are most intimidated by fitness are often the people that need it the most. I set out to create a company that provided the same types of exercises, programming, and results as generally all fitness companies, but I wanted to make it a comfortable experience from the moment a potential client stepped through our doors.

All our processes, our studio layout, our team of trainers we have hired, and our entire mission are based on making clients feel comfortable, appreciated, and valued. We do things differently and over the past 10 years, I have seen other companies in our area follow our lead. Long gone are the days of slamming weights, extremely loud music, and uncomfortable gym environments. People want to go where they feel comfortable and respected.

I have always loved sports and started at a young age, with my dad as my coach. I continued athletics through high school and went on to run college track where I based my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees entirely on building my career in the fitness industry. The last thing I was willing to do was to throw it all away based on a lack of opportunity, so I created my own with Live Fit. I believe in spirituality and the law of attraction and base my life on those principles. So in early 2011 when I couldn’t focus on my spiritual study and spiritual growth because my mind was consumed with running numbers about opening my own company, I knew that was a sign from God it was time to create something great.

how-i-started-a-60k-month-personal-training-company

Chris Anderson, on starting Live Fit ($60,000/month) full story ➜

7. Become a carpenter

Examples of a successful carpenter:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a carpenter:

Learn more about starting a carpenter ➜

8. Start a technical specialist business ($4.44M/year)

Examples of a successful technical specialist business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a technical specialist business:

Learn more about starting a technical specialist business ➜

9. Start a fixed asset documentation business

Examples of a successful fixed asset documentation business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fixed asset documentation business:

Learn more about starting a fixed asset documentation business ➜

10. Start a fitness center business

Examples of a successful fitness center business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fitness center business:

Learn more about starting a fitness center business ➜

11. Start a courier service business

Examples of a successful courier service business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a courier service business:

Learn more about starting a courier service business ➜

12. Start a safety consulting business

Examples of a successful safety consulting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a safety consulting business:

Learn more about starting a safety consulting business ➜

13. Start a bartending service

Examples of a successful bartending service:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a bartending service:

Learn more about starting a bartending service ➜

14. Start a fireproofing business

Examples of a successful fireproofing business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fireproofing business:

Learn more about starting a fireproofing business ➜

15. Start a delivery service

Examples of a successful delivery service:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a delivery service:

Learn more about starting a delivery service ➜

16. Start a leakage detection business

Examples of a successful leakage detection business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a leakage detection business:

Learn more about starting a leakage detection business ➜

17. Start an uber driver business

Examples of a successful uber driver business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a uber driver business:

Learn more about starting an uber driver business ➜

18. Start a firearms training business

Examples of a successful firearms training business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a firearms training business:

Learn more about starting a firearms training business ➜

19. Start a CPR instructor business

Examples of a successful CPR instructor business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a CPR instructor business:

Learn more about starting a CPR instructor business ➜

20. Start a security guard business

Examples of a successful security guard business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a security guard business:

Learn more about starting a security guard business ➜

21. Become a painter/decorator business

Examples of a successful painter/decorator business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a painter/decorator business:

Learn more about starting a painter/decorator business ➜

22. Start a towing service business

Examples of a successful towing service business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a towing service business:

Learn more about starting a towing service business ➜

23. Start an online tutors business

Examples of a successful online tutors business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a online tutors business:

Learn more about starting an online tutors business ➜

24. Start a customer service rep business

Examples of a successful customer service rep business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a customer service rep business:

Learn more about starting a customer service rep business ➜

25. Start a fire safety products selling business

Examples of a successful fire safety products selling business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a fire safety products selling business:

Learn more about starting a fire safety products selling business ➜

Want to start your own business?

Hey! πŸ‘‹I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.

We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.

Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:

• Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
  • Step by step guides on how to start and grow
  • Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
  • And much more!

Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?

Email, SMS, and more β€” Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.

Deliver more relevant email and text messages β€” powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.

Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.

Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜