15 Business Ideas For Entrepreneurs That Don't Like To Sell

15 Business Ideas For Entrepreneurs That Don't Like To Sell

If you have a passion for starting a business that requires little sales, there are plenty of different business ideas for you.

In this article, we’ll go into greater depth about 15 of these accessible, and potentially lucrative, business ideas that require little to no sales.

Here they are:

1. Start an airbnb management company ($420K/year)

Gary Fox from Dublin, Ireland started Host Butlers over 5 years ago, a airbnb management company.

• Location: Dublin, Ireland

I’ve been starting businesses since I was 15. During school, I worked part-time in a mobile phone store and learned how to fix phones. During the weekends, I started my own market stall and advertised online to fix phones, replace screens, and started to earn cash that way. During college, I scaled up this business to a physical location at the University I was attending here in Ireland. I approached the college and rented an office space from them and opened my first store!

I was terrified of running out of money and for the first 18 months, I ran the company entirely on my own. I remember one particular day where I met 18 different guests at 18 different locations across the city.

Between classes, I would work in the store and when I was in class, I hired classmates and friends to work for me. Looking back now, it was an incredibly fun time but I wish I hadn’t reinvested so much money in the college bar!

how-i-bootstrapped-an-airbnb-management-service-to-35k-month

Gary Fox, on starting Host Butlers ($35,000/month) full story ➜

2. Start a freelance writing business ($960K/year)

David Tile from Toronto, Ontario, Canada started Article-Writing Co about 10 years ago, a freelance writing business.

• Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

In 2011, coming out of college, I miserably tried to start a penny auction website. I studied Political Science at University, which had absolutely no bearing on this idea. I knew I wanted to do something entrepreneurial and was consumed by this auction model. I had my own specific mechanics that I thought would make the game a lot more fair for the average consumer. But alas, 6-8 months later, after burning through thousands of dollars trying to get the technology right, I was absolutely nowhere.

I was resigned to not give up, but the mechanics of the auction are critical to the smooth operation of the website and if you can’t get it right you don’t have a business. So I decided to start taking on some freelance writing work, just to get some cash in.

One thing led to another and I started getting some bigger clients with bigger asks. Eventually, I snowballed hiring some writers and copy editors. Turning this thing into a full-time business operation.

how-i-started-a-80k-month-content-writing-business

David Tile, on starting Article-Writing Co ($80,000/month) full story ➜

3. Start a blogging business ($60K/year)

Chhavi Agarwal from New Delhi, Delhi, India started Mrs Daaku Studio almost 3 years ago, a blogging business.

• Location: New Delhi, Delhi, India

I am a licensed attorney in India and right after my master’s in law, I started working with a leading company as a lawyer. I worked there for about two years before I quit my job to become more location independent.

Choose a niche in whatever you start. It is critical for streamlining your efforts and make money.

My job paid me well but I worked 12 hours a day, I was exhausted by the end of each day, spent my weekends sleeping and I almost quit the things I liked to do - for example, sketching, yoga, traveling, etc.

how-this-couple-makes-5k-month-generating-content-about-ways-to-make-money-online

Chhavi Agarwal, on starting Mrs Daaku Studio ($5,000/month) full story ➜

4. Become a business coach ($1.2M/year)

Kamil Sattar from Telford, England, United Kingdom started E-commerce Mentoring about 4 years ago, a business coach.

• Location: Telford, England, United Kingdom

Finding my first drop shipping supplier was by searching over AliExpress and looking for the supplier with the best reviews and years in business and most importantly communication reliability I would get on skype calls with the suppliers and do a mini-interview to see if they fit the criteria I was looking for, also another important thing was making sure my supplier had a license to sell these products I was marketing/selling.

My supplier would handle all the logistics like inventory and fulfillment that’s how the drop shipping business model works.

I set up an LLC in the US I got an accountant to manage the books using a Shopify app called Taxjar.

how-i-started-a-100k-month-business-mentoring-dropshipping-entrepreneurs

Kamil Sattar , on starting E-commerce Mentoring ($100,000/month) full story ➜

5. Start a dog walking business ($648K/year)

Melodi Landi from Remote started Furry Fellas Pet Service LLC almost 15 years ago, a dog walking business.

• Location: Remote

I have always had a passion for animals. I was going to school full time at the University of Rhode Island as a Pre-Vet student while working full time at a local veterinary hospital AND picking up pet sitting and dog walking clients on the side.

Since my late teenage years, I have known that I wanted to work with animals. While working at the animal hospital, I saw a great need for this type of service, and soon after decided to start this business!

I would often come across clients who had not traveled in years because their pets required specialized care or medications or because they did not know who to ask or whom they could trust with their pets and their home.

how-i-started-a-54k-month-pet-sitting-and-dog-walking-business

Melodi Landi, on starting Furry Fellas Pet Service LLC ($54,000/month) full story ➜

6. Start a tutoring business ($1.2M/year)

Adam Shlomi from Miami, FL, USA started SoFlo SAT Tutoring about 2 years ago, a tutoring business.

• Location: Miami, FL, USA

I come from an entrepreneurial family. My father works for himself and my maternal grandfather started a clothing factory. Working for myself has always been encouraged by my family, but before I could get started, I needed to learn a skill. At Georgetown, I study international politics and business. Most students with these backgrounds go on to work at prestigious firms like J.P. Morgan. I really didn’t know what kind of business I could start, and frankly, planned to work as a (boring) data analyst after graduation.

If you have an idea but don’t have the knowledge to execute, use that idea as motivation and go learn how to turn your vision into reality.

Tutoring first came to mind because I had spent significant time working for other tutoring companies and cutting my teeth/learning how the industry works during my teen years. I first started tutoring when I was 15. I was hired by College Experts, a local test prep center in Davie, Florida. My first student was three years older than me, and I spent our first session teaching him how to use his calculator rather than trying to explain any complicated formulas. Being a student myself, I was able to bring a student’s perspective to tutoring. I worked for College Experts until my senior year of high school when I began tutoring on my own and finding clients on Craigslist.

how-i-started-a-15k-month-sat-tutoring-business-while-in-college

Adam Shlomi, on starting SoFlo SAT Tutoring ($100,000/month) full story ➜

7. Start a child care business

Examples of a successful child care business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a child care business:

Learn more about starting a child care business ➜

8. Start a transportation service

Examples of a successful transportation service:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a transportation service:

Learn more about starting a transportation service ➜

9. Start a cleaning business ($1.05M/year)

Examples of a successful cleaning business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a cleaning business:

Learn more about starting a cleaning business ➜

And for some real world inspiration, give Neel Parekh's story on creating MaidThis Franchise a read:

Hey! My name is Neel Parekh and I am the Founder and CEO of MaidThis® & MaidThis® Franchise, a cleaning franchise that helps residential homeowners and short-term rental hosts (Airbnb, VRBO, etc) with their cleanings.

We’ve been able to grow rapidly compared to many other local cleaning companies because of a few main factors:

• We made our niche focus on cleaning Airbnbs and vacation rentals, in addition to regular home cleaning, which is a rapidly growing industry. We became the first cleaning franchise specializing in vacation rental cleaning.
  • Local businesses are often pretty old school and typically aren’t the best with marketing, especially digital marketing. We’re bringing new-age marketing tactics to this old-school industry.
  • Remote work: we’ve been able to stay extra nimble and lean with having a global workforce. This was initially done out of necessity so I could travel, but quickly became a huge competitive advantage. Our office team works across 8 different countries.

how-i-started-a-100k-month-home-cleaning-service-for-busy-individuals-and-airbnb-hosts

Neel Parekh, on starting MaidThis Franchise ($100,000/month) full story ➜

10. Start a virtual accounting business

Examples of a successful virtual accounting business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a virtual accounting business:

Learn more about starting a virtual accounting business ➜

11. Become a youtube personality

Examples of a successful youtube personality:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a youtube personality:

Learn more about starting a youtube personality ➜

12.

13. Start a data analysis business

Examples of a successful data analysis business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a data analysis business:

Learn more about starting a data analysis business ➜

14. Start a laundry business

Examples of a successful laundry business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a laundry business:

Learn more about starting a laundry business ➜

15. Start a handyman business

Examples of a successful handyman business:

Here are some great videos on how to get started with a handyman business:

Learn more about starting a handyman business ➜