MailChimp is the gigantic elephant-in-the-room leader in the email space.
They are a great tool if you are just getting started with email marketing as they have a pretty generous freemium plan.
MailChimp has a couple really good things going for them:
- Very good reporting for a free tool
- One of the best drag and drop editors - makes it very easy to send newsletter.
MailChimp falls short in its pricing model because your costs will skyrocket as your list grows, and the automation features are limited.
This tool is best for: small businesses or just getting started.
The free plan, up to 2000 subscribers - what you get
- Send up to 12,000 emails per month
- Up to 2,000 subscribers
- Email support included for 30 days
"Essentials" plan Plans start at $10 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers $50 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers $75 per month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers $150 per month
Standard plan Plans start at $15 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers $75 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers $99 per month
- Up to 20,000 subscribers $189 per month