This is an archive of the Starter Story newsletter, which is read by 159K people every week.
In each issue, we share the biggest business ideas that are working today, along with case studies of founders who are making millions every month. Sign up today ➜
This week we spoke to Caroline, the cofounder of a $240K/year online signature tool. Due to the pandemic, the demand for this type of solution has been rapidly growing. But what if I told you that one of their tactics with the best ROI is to pay $15 for a review of their product, is that something you’d try?
Check their story to see how much they make with that strategy and what other things they do to grow 5% each month.
Want to know more about businesses that have thrived despite COVID19?
- Ajay’s Gmail plugin reached 1M users and $300K/month
- MonetizeMore grew 118% and makes over $5M/month
- Stacia’s product reached $1.6M in gross revenue
Do you use Google Chrome? If so, you would be crazy not to have these Chrome extensions installed. We use these tools daily and could not live without them.
Also, if you want to write like a pro, Chrome can help you with that too! Here are a couple of extensions that we’d recommend checking out.
Want to start an e-commerce business but not sure what products to sell?
Picking the right product isn't easy, but we're here to show you what is working for others.
Over the years, we've interviewed thousands of successful e-commerce businesses - so we decided to put together a list of the most successful niche e-commerce products.
Ready to start? Check our detailed guide with everything you need to know.
Is freedom the new wealth?
A tweet by one of our starters went crazy viral in Spain this week:
We spoke to Bosco a while ago and he shared his journey of starting a virtual coworking that at the time was making $36K/year. And just like him, many founders value the freedom of being able to travel the world while running their businesses:
- Maarten makes $180K/year developing WordPress plugins
- Kressa travels in an RV to promote her $240K/year business
- Johanna and her family enjoy a nomad life while making $600K/year
Myles and his team developed a software to easily monitor and analyze the performance on local platforms like Google Maps, Facebook, Bing, TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc. They serve over 20,000 customers a year across 8 countries with a staff of 190.
Did you know that local SEO could be such a big business?
- Chris’s agency makes $10M/month doing SEO just for lawyers
- SearchEye is a $1M/month platform to order anything you need for SEO
Trending articles this week
- I started my business before I could drive and today we’re close to $200M/year
- The Moz co-founder created an online tool that reached $75K MRR in just 6 months
- I left a Fortune 500 company to build a $200K/year sales automation software
- $300K/year getting backlinks for my clients
- My side project does one simple thing & makes $14K/year
- These Bangladeshis built a $150K/year portfolio of online businesses
- I learned to code and my first app makes $2K/month
- I almost retired at 28. instead, I built a $6M/year digital marketing agency
- $3M/year developing clone apps for startups
- Create A Data-Driven Content Marketing Campaign: A Guide
Thanks for reading!
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.