Learn how thousands of people are earning up to $2.5M/month online.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 395 Instagram caption ideas for your dog or pet business. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Dog Instagram Captions
- I love my pup furry much.
- Dog hair is my go-to accessory.
- Life would be ruff without you.
- Thanks fur the memories.
- Home is where the dog hair is stuck to everything.
- The road to my heart is filled with paw prints.
- What kind of dog doesn't bark? A hush puppy!
- My best friend has a fur and a tail.
- Love is a four-legged word.
- "Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really." — Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- Anything is paws-ible with a dog by your side.
- Can't escape the pup-arazzi.
- What the pug?
- Don't stop retrievin'.
- Crazy dog lady.
- Stop hounding me!
- "Dogs do speak, but only to those who low how to listen." — Orhan Pamuk
- All dogs are good—some are just a little ruff around the edges.
- Sometimes, they call me 'Getbackhere.'
- Cuteness overload, am I right?
- I'm mutts about my dog.
- Puppy love.
- "Dogs are great. Bad dogs, if you can really call them that, are perhaps the greatest of them all." — John Grogan
- First he stole my heart, then he stole my bed.
- The more men I meet, the more I love my dog.
- My therapist has four legs and a tail.
- You can't buy happiness, but you can rescue it.
- He's not fat, he's husky!
- Dogs are my favorite people.
- "Happiness is a warm puppy." — Charles M. Schulz
- "No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." — Louis Sabin
- I'm all about that pug life.
- This friendship is fur real.
- Dogs are the universe's way of apologizing for your relatives.
- If there are no dogs in heaven, I don't want to go.
- "My fashion philosophy is, if you're not covered in dog hair, your life is empty." — Elayne Boosler
- "Be the person your dog thinks you are." — C.J. Frick
- I will always woof you.
- My dog's only flaw is not living forever.
- Not all dogs are good boys. Some are good girls!
- I shih tzu not.
- "Everything I know, I learned from dogs." — Nora Roberts
- Love is a wet nose and a wagging tail.
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
- "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." — Josh Billings
- I’m mutts about my dog.
- Be the person your dog thinks you are.
- Is it FriYAY yet? It’s been a ruff week.
- Just taking some time to paws and reflect.
- Please, hold your appaws.
- My dog is cooler than your dog.
- Paw-perazzi caught me doin’ my thing again!
- Never trust a person who doesn’t love dogs.
- Getting a new LEASH on life!
- Raise the woof!Don’t stop retrievin’.
- Warning: I could become even cuter than this.
- Out on the town for a little barkour!
- I may snooze, but I never lose.
- What’s up, dog?
- Dog mom AF.
- You are pawfection.
- I’m a su-paw-star.
- Coffee and dogs make the world go round
- Fur-iends through thick and thin.
- You had me at woof.
- Will work for treats!
- I love you more than sniffing bushes.
- It really is the dogs house, we just pay the bills.
- Can’t escape the pup-arazzi.
- Cutest dog in the world, reporting for duty!
- It’s my paw-ty, I can bark if I want to!
- I woof spending time with you.
- Life’s not ruff when you’re around.
- Do you like my self-pawtrait?
- I’m not single I have dogs.
- Just wondering why nobody is giving me treats rn hbu?
- This cute face made possible by belly rubs.
- Now giving nap lessons.
- I have too many dogs, said no one ever
- Hope you have a pawsome day.
- Stop trying to make fetch happen. — Regina George, Mean Girls
- Dog hair is my glitter.
- EmBARKing on a new journey.
- You’re looking quite fetching today.
- I’m here to pet all the dogs.
- We have the ulti-mutt friendship.
- Would rather be licking your face right now
- Beware of the dog, he will steal your heart.
- It’s not drinking alone if your dog is home.
- Always DTS: down to snooze on a sunny patch of floor
- First they steal your heart, then they steal your bed.
- Everything I do, I do with paw-fect form.
- Sweet dreams are made of treats.
- Dude, where’s my ball?
- Ready for a pawsome adventure!
- Dog people are my kinda people.
- Easily distracted by dogs.
- And they called it puppy love. — Paul Anka, Puppy Love
- I wish I could text my dog.
Short Dog Instagram Captions
- My dog does this amazing thing where he just exists and makes my whole life better because of it.
- Warning: cuteness overload.
- The happiest pupper you ever did see.
- The best therapist has fur and four legs.
- Life is too short to just have one dog.
- I’m the dog walker you were warned about
- There’s a saying. If you want someone to love you forever, buy a dog, feed it and keep it around. – Dick Dale
- I’m not spoiled my master is just well trained.
- When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking about what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you.
- I live for the appaws.
- My dog is my best fur-end.
- You’re welcome for this adorable pic of my dog.
- Do I believe in love at first sight? Of course, I fall in love with every dog I see.
- When I needed a hand, I found your paw.
- My dog loves taking naps, because they’re like time machines to their next meal.
- How beautiful it is to find someone who asks for nothing but your company.-Bridgitte Nicole
- Everything I know, I learned from dogs. — Nora Roberts
- I will never fur-get you.
- Life is short spoil your dog
- Chewing all those toys really took a lot out of my dog.
- Don’t stop retrievin’.
- Raise your paw. Who’s up for an adventure?
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. — Josh Billings
- I’ve had a ruff day.
- If there are no dogs in heaven, I don’t want to go.
- No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. – Christopher Morley
- We just got pawsession of a new dog.
- Is it nap time again?
- If you’ve had a ruff day, I’m here to make you feel better.
- The perfect pots of gold at the beginning and at the end, If only they could live furever.
- Saving a dog will not change the whole world, but it will change that dog’s world.
- I’ll love you fur-ever.
- Pawsitive vibes only
- Sorry, work. I can’t come in today. My dog’s being too cute.
- I will take my dog over diamonds any day!!!
- I wish I could sleep as much as my dog does.
- Anything is pawsible with a dog.
- I’m ready to paw-ty!
- If I had a dollar for every time my dog made me smile. I would be a millionaire.
- Ugh, here comes the pup-arazzi again.
- Trans-fur-mation Tuesday.
- The best things in life are rescued.
- Anything is paw-sible when you have a dog.
- Rescue is my favorite breed
- The journey of life is sweeter when traveled with a dog.
- Dogs think you’re a god. Cats think they’re the gods.
- No matter how many years we get with our dogs, it’s never long enough.
- When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you. – Eckhart Tolle
- Dog do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.
- When my dog looks at me, I melt
- My dog is pawsitively adorable.
- Feeling corgeous.
- Sometimes you just gotta lay on the floor with your dog.
- A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down. – Robert Benchley
- My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty. — Elayne Boosler
- You can’t buy love, but you can rescue it.
- Someone went hard at the dog park today.
- Love is wet noses, sloppy kisses & wagging tails.
- The sleepiest pupper you ever did see.
- If you’re having a bad day, just pug-et about it!
- I’m so paw-ssionate about dogs!
- Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really. — Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- Feeling quite fetching today.
- All you need is love & a dog.
- Money can buy a lot of things, But it doesn’t wiggle its butt everytime you come in the door.
- Paws what you’re doing right now, and look at me.
- I see you have food. I would also like food. Please give me your food.
- Remain paws-itive!
- Nothing better than hitting the park with your bestie.
- I’m so fur-tunate to have you in my life.
- The calm before the storm.
- Wake me up when it’s time for another walk.
- Today is the day. I can feel it. Today is the day I catch that tail.
- Every morning, I enjoy coffee and a beagle.
- Just a walk around the bark.
- Warning: This pic contains too much cuteness for one person.
- Raising a dog is like a rainbow puppy are the joy at one end. Old dogs are the treasure at the other.
- Dreaming of Milk-Bones and chew toys.
- You’ll never get the dog that you want, you’ll always get the dog that you need.
- Hold my drink, I’ve gotta pet this dog
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can rescue it.
- It’s time to get this pawty started.
- What a mastiff waste of time.
- Kids these days… When I was a pup, I only had one toy and one stick.
- Dogs = joy
- Dogs have boundless enthusiasm but no sense of shame. I should have a dog as a life coach. – Moby
- With you, I’m always walking on sunshine.
- It’s a stay in bed with your dog kind of day.
- There’s just a special connection between a dog and their person that can’t compare to regular friendships.
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.
- Be the person your dog thinks you are. — C.J. Frick
- He’s not fat, he’s husky!
- Do not disturb the cuteness.
- Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend, never owned a dog .
- Working out is easier when you’ve got your best friend by your side.
- What kind of dog doesn’t bark? A hush puppy!
- I could walk with you fur-ever.
- He’s the most pup-ular dog at the park.
- I am fur-ever yours.
Cool Dog Instagram Captions
- My family is a rescue family.
- Dogs are like potato chips, you can never have just one
- No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich. — Louis Sabin
- Don’t stop retrievin’. Hold onto that feeling.
- My dog took the term, ‘just sleep on it,’ literally.
- Welcome to our home where dog hair is both a fashion accessory & a condiment.
- Dog people are my kinda people
- Quit hounding me. I’m fetching as fast as possible.
- Wake me up when dinner is ready.
- Happiness is doggy kisses.
- Dog kisses fix everything.
- No matter how you’re feeling, a little dog gonna love you. – Waka Flocka Flame
- No worries at all. It’s the leashed I can do.
- Happy Anni-fur-sary!
- Live. Love. Bark.
- Life goals: pet all the dogs
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
- Sometimes, they call me ‘Getbackhere.’
- Happiness is a long walk with your pup.
- You’ll never walk alone
- Love is wet noses, sloppy kisses, and wagging tails.
- What’s up dog?
- What a beautiful world it would be if people had hearts like dogs.
- Dogs ask for so little but deserve so much.
- I want to go to dog heaven.
- We walk the walk and bark the bark.
- Oh yeah, that’s the spot!
- My dog’s nickname is ‘5 Miles,’ so I can tell people I walk ‘5 Miles’ every day.
- If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life. – Roger A. Caras
- Caution: Dogs can’t hold their licker.
- I don’t always bark at night, but when I do, it’s for no reason.
- Dogs do speak, but only to those who low how to listen. — Orhan Pamuk
- When you have a dog, you never walk alone.
- Scratch a dog and you’ll find a permanent job. – Franklin P. Jones
- Happiness is a warm puppy. — Charles M. Schulz
- Thank you fur being a friend.
- Home is where my dog is sleeping.
- If you love someone, let them sleep.
- Never give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping instead.
- You can’t beat that combo! Cold nose, warm heart.
- Raise the woof!
- I wonder what my dog named me.
- Howl do you sleep?
- Spending the day with my favorite pup.
- He keeps hounding me for a treat!
- The road to my heart is paved with paw prints.
- I’m so paw-fect. Love me fur-ever.
- The road to my heart is paved with pawprints.
- You are fur-bulous.
- Sometimes, on your walk, you need to paws and reflect.
- Howl you doing?
- You’re looking at the ultimate napper.
- If you want a roommate, get a cat. If you want a family, get a dog.
- My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies
- If my dog makes you uncomfortable, I’d be happy to lock you up in the other room.
- Dog is God spelled backward. – Duane Chapman
- I find dog puns rePUGnant.
- A little vacation for you and your dog
- Dogs are the universe’s way of apologizing for your relatives.
- The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
- Not to brag or anything, but I’m kind of a big deal to my dog.
- A walk a day keeps the vet away
- Learn a lesson from your dog- NO matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on.
- I’m all about that pug life.
- Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.
- My dog fell asleep and I fell in love.
- Dogs: Better than cats since…well, forever.
- I could sleep fur-ever with you.
- I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my squeak toy. Throw it, maybe.
- Dogs are great. Bad dogs, if you can really call them that, are perhaps the greatest of them all. — John Grogan
- Everyone thinks they have the best dog, and none of them are wrong.
- Howl’s the weather outside?
- Dogs love you. Cats tolerate you.
- Just pug-get about it.
- Some days are just meant for laying on the floor.
- I love you, fur real.
- Those who teach the most about humanity aren’t always human.
- Buys a nice dog bed. Sleeps here instead.
- The dog picnic quickly turned into a Bark-B-Q!
- Who’s a good boy? Well, I’m a good boy. Obvi!
- Someone pawtied too hard.
- If my dog has taught me anything, it’s that the more naps, the better.
- My windows aren’t dirty that’s just my dog, not art.
- Anything is paw-sible.
- Every day with you is complete and utter pawfection.
- If I had a dollar for every time my dog made me smile, I would be a millionaire.
- I wonder if my dog dreams about me.
- Dogs leave paw prints on your heart
- Dogs are a girl’s best friend
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” -Roger Caras
- Home is where someone runs to greet you
- “Everyone thinks they have the best dog, and none of them are wrong.” -Unknown
- The dog father
- Dogs before dudes
- At least we have dogs
- Easily distracted by dogs
- Life is better with a dog
- Tell your dog I said hi
- You, me and the dogs
- It’s a dogs life
Funny Dog Instagram Captions
- I’m here to pet all the dogs
- Dog hair is just part of the decor
- Beware of the dog, he will steal your heart
- “Everybody should have a shelter dog. It’s good for the soul.” -Paul Shaffer
- “When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you.” -Eckhart Tolle
- First they steal your heart, then they steal your bed
- Dog dad
- “Actually, my dog I think is the only person who consistently loves me all the time.” -H. G. Bissinger
- The best therapist has fur and four legs
- I just want all the dogs
- Fur mama
- Send me dog pics
- I hope that these dog Instagram captions help you to capture sweet memories of your best dog friends.
- It really is the dogs house, we just pay the bills
- Dog hair is my glitter
- I just want to pet my dog
- I work hard so my dog can have nice things
- Dogs make things better
- My dog is my favorite
- Wash your paws
- I wish I could text my dog
- Dog mom AF
- Wag more bark less
- Must love dogs
- “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself.” -Josh Billings
- Never trust a person who doesn’t love dogs
- It’s not drinking alone if your dog is home
- “The more people I meet the more I like my dog.” -Unknown
- Dog mom
- Love is a four legged word
- “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” -Kinky Friedman
- Only come if you like dogs
- “It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” -John Grogan
- “You know, a dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” -Jill Abramson
- All you need is love and a dog
- “The dog is the perfect portrait subject. He doesn’t pose. He isn’t aware of the camera.” -Patrick Demarchelier
- “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” -Robert Falcon Scott
- Dog kisses fix everything
- You can’t buy love, but you can rescue it
- I’m not single I have dogs
- Happiness starts with a nose and ends with a tail
- Reserved for the dog
- If I can’t bring my dog i’m not going
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” -John Grogan
- Life is too short to just have one dog
- Crazy dog lady
- You had me at woof
- “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” -Orhan Pamuk
- Always kiss your dog goodnight
- My best friend is my dog
- All my kids have paws
- “Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like; afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.” -Caroline Knapp
- Be the person your dog thinks you are
- My dog is cooler than your dog
- “If you want a friend, buy a dog.” -Kevin O’Leary
- “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” -W. Bruce Cameron
- Stay pawsititve
- Blessed & dog obsessed
- Live like someone left the gate open
- A house is not a home without a dog
- Dog hair is just part of the furniture at my house.
- Live, laugh, bark.
- Bad to the bone.
- "A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." —Josh Billings
- Rescued by my rescue dog.
- They call it puppy love.
- I labradore you.
- Rumor on the street is that I'm a very good boy/girl.
- Wag more, bark less.
- The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.
- Excuse me while I be absolutely adorable.
- What's up, dog?
- "My fashion philosophy is, if you're not covered in dog hair, your life is empty." —Elayne Boosler
- I'm a VIP: Very Important Puppy.
- My dog is the only one who really gets me.
- Just can't escape the pup-arazzi.
- A house isn't a home without a dog.
- I woof you so much.
- So fur-ocious!
- "The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog."―M.K.Clinton
- Life is ruff when you're this cute.
- Looking fetching today.
- "Happiness is a warm puppy." —Charles Schulz
- Dogs are my favorite kind of people.
- Don't stop retrieving.
- Anything is paw-sible with a dog by your side.
- "Did you know that there are over 300 words for love in canine?"―Gabrielle Zevin
- "Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day." —John Grogan
- I live for the ap-paws.
- "Everything I know, I learned from dogs." —Nora Roberts
- The road to my heart is marked with paw prints.
- I don't always bark in the middle of the night, but when I do, it's at nothing.
- Keep calm and bark on.
- "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." —Orhan Pamuk
- "Everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong."―W.R. Purche
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that ig captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your insta captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Insta post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your insta captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Good Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
How To Start A Dog Treat Business
If you're starting a dog treat business, or looking to grow, this free 25 page guide is for you. Join our free weekly newsletter and get it right now.