Learn how thousands of people are earning up to $2.5M/month online.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 250 art Instagram captions. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Art Instagram Captions
- Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings. – Agnes Martin
- The great artist is the simplifier.
- A wall is a very big weapon. It’s one of the nastiest things you can hit someone with.
- Art is either plagiarism or revolution.
- Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time. – Thomas Merton
- When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.
- I think, if one is a true art lover, he can’t stick to a particular genre. Art knows no partitions, no boundaries.
- I know of nothing with any certainity, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
- “We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents.” – Bob Ross
- Funny art captions for Instagram to slip humor
- Every man’s work, whether it be literature, or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
- “The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.”
- The world revolves because of creative people
- “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” – Salvador Dalí
- “Filling a space in a beautiful way”
- “Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”
- “Painting is the silence of thought and the music of sight”
- The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it’s dead for you.
- Best Art Captions For Instagram
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” -Rumi
- Never graduate from drawing.
- I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as sketching.
- “There’s a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line”
- If you could say it in words, there would be no reason to paint.
- If you are willing to do something that might not work, you’re closer to being an artist.
- “Being an artist is the same as being a wizard… only instead of a wand, you use a pencil for your magic.”
- “Creativity takes courage.” – Henri Matisse
- Art attracts us only by what it reveals of our most secret self.
- My idea of Heaven is to wake up, have a good breakfast, and spend the rest of the day drawing.
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. – Dr. Seuss
- Self-portraits are a way of revealing something about oneself.
- A picture is a poem without words. – Horace
- I feel most alive when I’m neck-deep in my craft
- Every artist dips his brush in his own soul and paints his own nature into his pictures. – Henry Ward Beecher
- Broken Crayons Still color
- When I say artist I mean the man who is building things…some with a brush – some with a shovel – some choose a pen. – Jackson Pollock
- When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead.
- Graffiti is beautiful; like a brick in the face of a cop. – Hunter S. Thompson
- Art is a step in the known toward the unknown. – Kahlil Gibran
- If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.
- “Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.”― Pablo Picasso
- I paint flowers so they will not die. – Frida Kahlo
- Creative people are curious, flexible, persistent, and independent with a tremendous spirit of adventure & a love of play.
- The only time I feel alive is when I’m painting.
- I am an artwork in constant progress; I am my own canvas, my own colors, my own brushes, and my own inspiration. – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
- You need to learn the rules before you can break them
- To be great, art has to point somewhere.
- Sketching is putting a line around an idea.
- Art is born of the observation and investigation of nature. – Cicero
- Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picasso
- Poetry is eternal graffiti written in the heart of everyone.
- When you can’t think of anything else, photograph graffiti, nudes, or plants.
- “Art is what happens when you dare to be who you really are.”
- To be an artist, you need to exist in a world of silence.
- Creativity takes courage.
- I dream my painting and I paint my dream.
- Painting is the grandchild of nature. It is related to God.
- Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art. – Neil Gaiman
- The first writing of the human being was drawing, not writing.
- “Every child is an artist”
- Graffiti doesn’t exist unless someone got a photo, because it’s gone immediately.
- Photography is an immediate reaction, drawing is a meditation. Photography is an immediate reaction, drawing is a meditation.
- You are so much sunshine in every square inch.
- Relationships may come and go, but arts stay forever
- “All art, like all love, is rooted in heartache.”
- No artist is ahead of his time. He is his time, it’s just that others are behind the times. – Martha Graham
- Art is the only serious thing in the world. And the artist is the only person who is never serious.
- Great design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Short Art Instagram Captions
- I paint the spirit and soul of what I see
- “Artist by nature. Every art is a masterpiece.”
- There’s something romantic in preservation at a moment of static bliss.
- I draw like other people bite their nails.
- We don’t make mistakes, just happy little accidents.
- “To be an artist is to believe in life.” – Henry Moore
- “Art is my life and my life is art”
- The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.
- People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish… but that’s only if it’s done properly.
- “Art is a line around your thoughts.” – Gustav Klimt
- Go crazy with your art.
- I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.
- “I never paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality.”
- “Art doesn’t have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful.”
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
- I don’t paint dreams or nightmares, I paint my own reality.
- To create, one must first question everything.
- Colour is my day-long obsession, joy, and torment. – Claude Monet
- “Art is neither a profession nor a hobby. Art is a way of being”
- Art is as natural as sunshine and as vital as nourishment.
- I will be an artist or nothing!
- Once you have a blank canvas in front of your eyes, you can think about how you want to paint it.
- Color is a power which directly influences the soul. – Wassily Kandinsky
- If art doesn’t make us better, then nothing can
- To create, one must first question everything. – Eileen Gray
- Blank walls are a shared canvas and we’re all artists. – Carla H Krueger
- Art doesn’t have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful.
- The artist is not a different kind of person, but every person is a different kind of artist.
- When I am in my painting, I’m not aware of what I’m doing.
- Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame.
- I would like to paint the way a bird sings.
- Let’s get a little crazy here. – Bob Ross
- Art is literacy of the heart. – Elliot Eisner
- All I want to do is knit without being interrupted
- We might be hollow but we’re brave.
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. – Maya Angelou
- All the lights are sparking for you, it seems.
- “Every artist was first an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art.”
- I am not an inventor. I steal everything. – Anne Bogart
- With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?
- No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist.
- Drawing is like making an expressive gesture with the advantage of permanence.
- You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.
- The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.
- It’s sad that we live in a world that doesn’t value insanity
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. – Albert Einstein
- Drawing takes time. A line has time in it.
- ” I dream my painting and I paint my dream”
- “Art is a line around your thoughts.”
- The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.
- “Art is the only serious thing in the world. And the artist is the only person who is never serious.”
- Curiosity about life in all of its aspects, I think, is still the secret of great creative people. – Leo Burnett
- Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. – Pablo Picasso
- “Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.”
- There is no blue without yellow and without orange.
- Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. – Stella Adler
- “I will be an artist or nothing!”
- “We might be hollow but we’re brave.” -Lorde
- Art is therapy.
- “Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.”
- “Art isn’t a talent. It’s an experience.”
- Life is a great big canvas. Throw al the paint on it you can!
- The artist has one function–to affirm and glorify life. – W. Edward Brow
- There are three responses to a piece of design: yes, no, and wow.
- The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
- Drawing is a vision on paper.
- Speak softly, but carry a big can of paint.
- Graffiti is one of the few tools you have if you have almost nothing.
- There is no must in art because art is free.
- “I draw better than I talk.”
- Art is either revolution or plagiarism.
- “I paint the spirit and soul of what I see”
- Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.
- Artist by nature. Every art is a masterpiece.
- Graffiti is a pathetic attempt at anonymous recognition.
- Why can you never trust an artist? Because they are a bit sketchy, a little shady, and will always try to frame you.
- After pop art, graffiti is probably the biggest art movement in recent history to have such an impact on culture.
- Beginning with audacity is a very great part of the art of painting. – Winston Churchill
- “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” – Ansel Adams
- “There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.” – Pablo Picasso
- My greatest piece of art would be capturing the way happiness feels
- The most seductive thing about art is the personality of the artist himself.
Cool Art Instagram Captions
- “Drawing takes time. A line has time in it.”
- Keep your face toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
- Art is either revolution or plagiarism. – Paul Gauguin
- “Everything is so beautiful and so short.” -Marina Keegan
- Every child is an artist. The problem is staying an artist when you grow up. – Pablo Picasso
- The goal of art was a vital expression of self.
- Life is a canvas. It’s up to you, what colors you choose to paint this canvas of life into a beautiful Masterpiece.
- Imagination is the beginning of creation. – George Bernard Shaw
- A blank canvas has unlimited possibilities.
- Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it. – Salvador Dali
- “Art is an experience not an object.”
- “All the lights are sparking for you, it seems.” -Lana Del Rey
- “Something about the stillness or my state of mind reminded me of the world’s remarkable capacity to carry on in every place at once.” -Marina Keegan
- Painting is not what one sees but what one can make others see.
- Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.
- Art is what happens when you dare to be who you really are.
- I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone because I am the person I know best.
- “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” – Degas
- People love mystery, and that is why they love my paintings.
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
- I paint self-portraits because I am the person I know best.
- Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Art is neither a profession nor a hobby. Art is a way of being
- Creativity is intelligence having fun.
- “If I paint something, I don’t want to have to explain what it is.”
- Graffiti is beautiful; like a brick in the face of a cop.
- “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” -Walt Whitman
- The purpose of art is a mystery.
- Art is not a thing, it is a way. – Elbert Hubbard
- “I go to seek a great perhaps.” -John Green
- The only part I’ll ever study is the stuff that I can steal from.
- “People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish… but that’s only if it’s done properly.”
- The work of art is a scream of freedom. – Christo
- I go to seek a great perhaps.
- “Keep your face toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” -Walt Whitman
- There are no mistakes. Only happy accidents.
- The best reason to paint is that there is no reason to paint.
- Art is my life and my life is art
- An artist can show things that other people are terrified of expressing.
- Art is neither a profession nor a hobby. Art is a way of being.
- Drawing is a kind of hypnotism.
- “Art is either revolution or plagiarism.”
- “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
- My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph.
- “Art doesn’t have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful.”-Duane Hanson
- The true painter must be able, with the most usual things, to have the most unusual ideas.
- People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible, and childish but that’s only if it’s done properly. – Banksy
- A picture is a poem without words.
- Art isn’t a talent. It’s an experience.
- If you’re always trying to be normal you’ll never know how amazing you can be.
- I am seeking. I am striving. I am in it with all my heart.
- The creative adult is the child who survived.
- The artist is nothing without the gift but the gift is nothing without the work.
- Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth. – Theodor W. Adorno
- Everything you can imagine is real.
- I dream my painting and I paint my dream
- Everything is so beautiful and so short.
- Life is too short, not to create something.
- No great artist ever sees things as they really are, if he did, he would cease to be an artist.
- ” Art is the journey of a free soul.”
- The artist must train not only his eye but also his soul.
- Creativity gives hope that there can be a worthwhile idea. – Edward de Bono
- There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.
- All art, like all love, is rooted in heartache.
- The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense. – Pablo Picasso
- Painting is self-discovery. Every good artist paints what he is.
- “Art is the journey of a free soul.”
Funny Art Instagram Captions
- Personality is everything in art and poetry.
- A picture is a poem without words
- Every child is an artist
- Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
- Our bodies are the canvas of our emotions, and most often, we let the world paint it.
- “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?” -Oscar Wilde
- Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist
- I never paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality.
- Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is a painting that is felt rather than seen.
- You can’t do sketches enough. Sketch everything and keep your curiosity fresh.
- If I paint something, I don’t want to have to explain what it is.
- Filling a space in a beautiful way
- To create one’s own world takes courage.
- Create with the heart; build with the mind.
- Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art.
- Art is a line around your thoughts.
- Writing graffiti is about the most honest way you can be an artist. It takes no money to do it, you don’t need an education to understand it, and there’s no admission fee.
- Art, freedom, and creativity will change society faster than politics. – Victor Pinchuk
- Every artist was first an amateur. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- To draw you must close your eyes and sing.
- Painting is the silence of thought and the music of sight
- Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.
- Art speaks where words are unable to explain.
- The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to.
- I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing.
- Something about the stillness or my state of mind reminded me of the world’s remarkable capacity to carry on in every place at once.
- Every canvas is a journey all its own.
- Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
- There’s a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line
- If Graffiti is art and art is a crime then how come piccaso never done time?
- “Great design is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – De Saint Exupery
- The artist sees what others only catch a glimpse of.
- “I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone because I am the person I know best.”
- Art is therapy
- “All the lights are sparking for you, it seems.” -Lana Del Rey
- Every artist was first an amateur.
- Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.
- Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.
- “Every artist was first an amateur.”
- The principle of true art is not to portray but to evoke.
- “Create with the heart; build with the mind.”
- There is peace even in the storm
- The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands.
- The great artist is the simplifier. – Vincent Van Gogh
- Art is freedom. Being able to bend things most people see as a straight line.
- To be an artist is to believe in life.
- Simplicity is an art
- How do artists greet one another? Yellow!
- Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas. – Donatella Versace
- Art is the best way for children to learn
- Being an artist is the same as being a wizard… only instead of a wand, you use a pencil for your magic.
- “Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.” – René Magritte
- “A picture is a poem without words”
- “Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.”
- “There’s something romantic in preservation at a moment of static bliss.” -Marina Keegan
- Knowing how to look is a way of inventing. – Salvador Dalí
- “I don’t paint dreams or nightmares, I paint my own reality.”
- I draw better than I talk.
- “When you stop doing things for fun, you might as well be dead.” Ernst Hemingway
- Art is an experience not an object.
- Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
- Art is the journey of a free soul.
- The works must be conceived with fire in the soul but executed with clinical coolness.
- Everybody’s trying to leave their mark on the world. That’s why there’s graffiti and babies.
- Art is something that makes you breathe with a different kind of happiness.
- I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way. – Georgia O’Keeffe
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
4. Limit yourself to 3-4 hashtags
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Instagram post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
Looking to start a business?
We put together 20 businesses you can start from home. Join our free weekly newsletter and get them right now.