What Is Landing Page Optimization?
Landing page optimization refers to the process of improving or enhancing each element on your landing page to increase conversions.
In essence, you do not need to create new content or redesigning the website. Instead, you will use data and anecdotal evidence to create optimized landing pages.
Note that landing page optimization is a process. Thus, it might take weeks or even months to achieve an optimized page.
Landing Page Optimization Key Takeaways
- To improve your website conversion rates, apply the best practices and robust data.
- Just like creating products, your landing page may require a series of improvements before it can appeal to the target audience and compel them to take action.
- When optimizing your landing pages, use visual data reports to enable you to identify potential problems and highlight opportunities.
- Track web visitors' behavior to see what is not working and know where individual clicks occur on the landing page.
Understanding How Landing Page Optimization Works
The landing page is a critical component of online marketing campaigns.
Since the landing page focuses on conversions, improving their performance is critical to your online business.
Landing page optimization is a process that begins when you have started designing the page, but it lasts after the page goes live.
Creating landing pages that transform your website takes data-driven decisions, continued experimentation, and constant invention.
Overall, landing page optimization ensures you achieve the highest possible conversion rate from the visitors arriving at the landing page.
With landing page optimization, you need to optimize for different traffic sources and play around with on-page elements.
Real-World Examples of Startups that Practice Landing Page Optimization
TruckersReport is a network of professional truck drivers focusing on providing an independent community for drivers to share information and assist each other's careers.
Initially, their landing page was converting at 12.1% through email opt-ins. The website owners approached a landing page optimization expert with the primary request being to increase landing page conversions in order to widen the funnel at the top and increase overall funnel conversions. Here is a shot of the original landing page
After a series of heuristic analyses that included data collection using Google analytics and heat maps, the optimization expert came up with fully responsive landing pages optimized for different screen types. The landing page optimization included:
- Creating a prominent headline
- Adding quick search links underneath to help truck drivers find the type of vehicle they are interested in driving
- Adding large background images to work as attention grabbers
Following the landing page optimization, the conversion rates grew from under 255 to 79.3%.
Here is a screenshot of the current landing page
2.Fine Tuxedos Fine Tuxedos is a leading online retailer of designer tuxedos and men formal wear accessories.
Through a landing page optimization strategy, that focused on the website layout, Tuxedos.com shopping cart adds increased by 39%.
Today, tuxedos.com gets a great deal of web traffic, and their focus is increased conversion and turning more of the web visitors into buying customers.
The online retailer is achieving this through: -Changes to landing page design -Improving website navigation experience -Simplifying the shopping cart adds
Getting Started With Landing Page Optimization
- Understand your target market
- Set up actionable analytics
- Make sure the message of your ad matches the landing page
- Evaluate the landing pages first impression
- Check if your landing page has an emotional resonance
- Craft a clear and compelling value proposition
- Evaluate how images can reinforce the message
- Consider adding an explainer video
- Understand the importance of social proof, authority and add testimonials
- Evaluate your content to ensure it resonates with the expectations of web visitors
- Include a clear call to action
- Conduct A/B Testing
- Use data to improve the landing page
- Test results and repeat the cycle if needed
Landing page optimization requires an in-depth analysis of your existing website. For an entrepreneur, analyzing the current website can be an overwhelming experience. This is especially where you have more than you can handle in your intray.
Knowing which tools to use can simplify your work and overall experience when it comes to landing page optimization.
Use these tools to help you in landing page optimization and creating optimized websites.
Measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
Businesses using Google Analytics:
Is a drag-and-drop builder that lets you create and publish your own landing pages, without needing a developer to code 'em.
Starts from 90$/mo
Businesses using Unbounce:
Send email newsletters, campaigns, online surveys and follow-up autoresponders.
- 1,000 subscribers $15/mo
- 5,000 subscribers $45/mo
- 10,000 subscribers $65/mo
- 1,000 subscribers $49/mo
- 5,000 subscribers $79/mo
10,000 subscribers $95/mo
Businesses using GetResponse:
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
- 4,818 founder case studies
- Access to our founder directory
- Live events, courses and recordings
- 8,628 business ideas
- $1M in software savings