Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your DIY business.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Diy Business
- How To Make Your DIY Outdoor Chair
- How To Make Your DIY Decor For Any Occasion
- How To Make Your DIY Lavender Candles
- How To Make Your DIY Wooden Tray
- How To Make DIY Birthday Gifts
- How To Make Your DIY Flower Vase
- How To Make Your DIY Mosquito Repellent Candles
- How To Make Your DIY Labels With A Packing Tape
- How To Make Your DIY Decorative Jars
- How To Make DIY Phone Charger Holder
- How To Make Your DIY Air Freshener
- How To Create Your DIY Glass Marble Magnets
- How To Make Your DIY Desk Organizer
- How To Make Your Own DIY Media Shelf in 25 Minutes
- How To Create DIY Bookmarks
- How To Make Your DIY Scrunchie
- How To Make Your DIY Book Shelves
- How To Make Your DIY Facemasks
- How To Make Your DIY Dog Bowl Stand
- How To Make Your DIY Jar Lanterns
- How To Make Your DIY Wood Signs
- How To Make Your DIY Dog Toys
- How To Make Your DIY Soap Gummies
- How To Make Your DIY Phone Holder
- How To Make A DIY Stress Ball
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Diy Business
- 12 DIY Memo Board Key Racks
- 55 Types Of DIY Flower Walls
- 5 Beautiful DIY Wooden Headboards
- 28Fun DIY Ping Ball Lights
- Try These 8 DIY Coasters
- 14 DIY Braided Rugs That Cost Cheap
- DIY Photo Collage Letters For Your Room
- Top 5 DIY Tassel Garlands You Can Make
- 33 Simple DIY Upcycled Craft Ideas
- Make These 20 No-Sew Braided Headbands
- 22 Non-expensive Feed Sack Tote Bag
- 16 DIY Bedside Organizers
- Top 10 DIY Farmhouse Tin Planters
- 5 Designs Of Upcycled Skirt Throw Pillow
- 8 DIY Wall Planters To Make At Home
- Do These 7 DIY Coasters
- 9 DIY Luggage Tags For Your Travel Bags
- 20 Coolest DIY Sunglasses Case
- 16 Best DIY Crafts Using Recycled Crayons
- 4 DIY Portable Desk Organizers
- 51 Hot Craft Ideas to Sell For Extra Cash
- 100 Wise Ways to Organize Your Craft Supplies
- 35 Indoor Crafts For Kids
- 24 Creative DIY Dorm Decor Ideas
- 15 Cheap And Easy DIY Farmhouse Decor Ideas
- 18 Cute DIY Keychains
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Diy Business
- Fabulous and Easy To Make DIY Stickers
- Check This DIY Season Sensory Bottle
- Try These DIY Water Candles
- 5 Kinds Of DIY Yarn Wall Hanging
- Amazing DIY Home Decorations Using Rope
- 15 DIY Trending Crafts To Sell
- Step-By-Step DIY Seashell Art
- Awesome DIY Projects Teenagers Will Love
- DIY Recycled Home Crafts
- DIY Projects To Learn At Home
- Coolest DIY Coasters To Try
- DIY Glowing Bounce Balls
- Easy DIY Crafts When Bored
- Resourceful DIY Arts With Trashes
- 50 DIY Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- DIY Summer Crafts For All Ages
- DIY Bojo Crafts You'd Like
- DIY Crafts and Art With A Shoebox
- DIY Home Projects To Consider
- DIY Summer Decor Ideas For Kids
- DIY kaleidoscope Without Mirrors
- 25 Creative DIY Ideas With Beads
- Making Your DIY Paper Helicopter
- DIY Craft Supplies For Kids
- DIY Activities For Kids At Home
- DIY Indoor Crafts For The Family
- DIY Backyard Decorating Ideas
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.