Looking to write a new College Counselors blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- College Counselors blog post topics to write about
- College Counselors blogging ideas
- Other College Counselors content ideas
- Real-world examples of College Counselors blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right College Counselors blog ideas.
College Counselors Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular College Counselors blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Independent College Counseling
- College Academic Counseling
- Financial College Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Admission Counseling
- College Life Counseling
- Mindful-Based Counseling
- Reality Counseling
- Systemic Counseling
- Depression Counseling
- Course-Related Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- Research Counseling
- Athletic Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Personal Counseling
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide College Counselors Blog Post Ideas
- How to find universities that offer big scholarships
- Steps on how to find the best yet affordable college in New York
- How to apply for early admission to the college
- How to condition yourself for the spring test schedule
- How to find scholarships for international students
- Process of transferring from one course to another
- Understanding the basics of college
- How to survive freshman year
- Step by step guide for college applicants
- How to take advantage of college admission changes during this pandemic
- Guide on student-athlete application
- How to take advantage of annoying college emails
- How to transfer from one university to another university
- How to conquer fear and anxiety as a freshman or an exchange student
- College Admission Checklist for you
- How to increase your admission chance
- How to create your educational plan
- How to choose the perfect college major for you
- How to apply for an international student exchange program
- How to get a Latino scholarship for international Latin students
- Steps on defining your career path
- Guidelines for international students
- Guide on how to apply for a financial aid
- How to handle racial discrimination
- How to pass your college admission interview
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based College Counselors Content Ideas
- 20 things to know about early decision application for college
- 15 tips on finding the right university for you
- 12 common questions about the college assessment process
- 5 best courses for Business Majors
- 30 tips for international students
- 15 tips on overcoming culture shock for exchange students
- 8 extracurricular tips for college admissions
- 5 tips on keeping yourself from sexual harassment
- 10 myths about universities
- Tips on passing the advanced placement test
- 5 colleges near a beach in the USA
- 10 expert tips on getting the most out of college
- An updated list of college ranking in the USA
- 15 common college questions during the pandemic
- 8 tips on how to save money for your college tuition
- 15 interesting college essay topics
- 20 colleges with the best reviews
- 8 top-performing universities in Europe
- 20 colleges with the worst professors
- Tips on applying to colleges
- 15 tips to avoid burnout
- 5 benefits of choosing a less selective college
- 10 facts about college graduates
- 3 types of study abroad
- 15 things new college graduates need to know about employment
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other College Counselors Blog Post Topic Ideas
- How important is taking an English assessment
- The importance of essays in your academic performance
- Understanding what are lower-division and upper-division
- Joining college summer activities for beginners
- What is cancel culture?
- Handling sexual harassment in college
- The importance of using college net price calculators
- The rate of college graduates before and now
- What you need to know when applying for college admission
- Is it best to write about Covid-19 for your college essay?
- How important is the scholarship to freshmen
- What is "college fit"?
- Protecting your mental health while chasing your dreams to college
- Is applying for private college loans worth the risk?
- Strategy to finding best schools and cutting their costs
- Understanding the admission requirements for a 4-year campuses
- Importance of taking career assessment before applying for college
- Proper handling of entitled rich college students
- College or universities?
- How cutting unnecessary expenses will save you as a college students
- From nothing to a surprising college graduate superstar: A success interview story
- Finding scholarship opportunities for low-income students
- Presenting a counseling-related webinar for college students
- Handling college admission rejection
- Talking about the costs of college admission
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.