Learn how thousands of people are earning up to $2.5M/month online.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 150 Instagram caption ideas for Blogging. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Blogging Instagram Captions & Quotes
- It’s all about putting in the work, day after day…and the blogging eventually turns into a business 👍👌
- So, so many books. So little time.
- "Content is king, but distribution is queen and she wears the pants." Jonathan Perelman
- "No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit." Andrew Carnegie
- "Don't focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that's great for your readers." Brian Clark
- "The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed." Henry Ford
- "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." Vidal Sassoon
- “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in business at all times.”John Gerzema
- Blogging is not a business by itself. It is only a promotional platform. David Risley
- Successful people don’t spam. Adrienne Smith
- “If you think monetizing your site is wonderful, fine. If you think it’s evil, fine. But make up your mind before you seriously consider starting down this path. If you want to succeed, you must be congruent.”Steve Pavlina
- "I don't know the secret to success. But I do know the secret of failure is trying to please everybody." Bill Cosby
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”Babe Ruth
- It’s the little things in life that make the biggest impact. But sometimes, it’s hard to know where to start. But you can start today with blogging.
- “When you brand yourself properly, the competition becomes irrelevant.”Dan Schawbel
- “The first thing you need to decide when you build your blog is what you want to accomplish with it, and what it can do if successful.”Ron Dawson
- "Write. Rewrite. When not writing or rewriting, read. I know of no shortcuts." Larry L. King
- “I told myself that I didn’t care if I never made more than $8/hrhaving freedom and not being stuck in the rat race was soooo worth it.”Bob Lotich
- “Don’t try to plan everything out to the very last detail. I’m a big believer in just getting it out there: create a minimal viable product or website, launch it, and get feedback.”Neil Patel
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”- Mark Twain
- Blogging is like work, but without coworkers thwarting you at every turn. Scott Adams
Blogging is a conversation, not a code. Mike Butcher
- "If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design." Dr. Ralf Speth
- “It can be pretty rough out there for bloggers who think small. You’ve got to think and play big if you want to make a larger footprint these days.”David Risley
- "Any idea is only as valuable as its ability to solve a problem." Sally Hogshead
- As a blogger, I travel a lot to different cities, meet a lot of people and see different places and finally love to share my thoughts about the places I visit.
- “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.”Winston Churchill
- "Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted friend." Mark Zuckerberg
- "When you brand yourself properly, the competition becomes irrelevant." Dan Schawbel
- "There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all." Peter Drucker
- “I’ve long advised that bloggers seeking to make money from blogging spread their interests across multiple revenue streams so as not to put all their eggs in one basket.”Darren Rowse
- Blogging is to write what extreme sports are to athletics more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, written out loud. Andrew SullivanBlogging is hard because of the grind required to stay interesting and relevant. Sufia Tippu
- Be inspired by what you find through blogging. Keep your eyes wide open every day, and let the world speak to you about the goodness of life.
- "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm." Sir Winston Churchill
- "The challenge with being an initiator of projects is that you are never, ever done." Seth Godin
- “Customers can’t always tell you what they want, but they can always tell you what’s wrong.”Carly Fiorina
- "A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is - it is what consumers tell each other it is." Scott Cook
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”Friedrich Nietzsche
Short Blogging Instagram Captions & Quotes
- "All the things I love are what my business is all about." Martha Stewart
- “The currency of blogging is authenticity and trust.” – Jason Calacanis
- "Content: there is no easy button." Scott Abel
- I’m just going to keep on blogging, and knitting, and hoping for the best!
- "You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills." Jim Rohn
- "The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph." George Washington
- “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”Scott Belsky
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
- “The key to social media is being social.”Eli Fennell
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” -Walt Disney
- A writer’s life is never dull. I really love this life.
- "Content is the reason search began in the first place." Lee Odden
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." Walt Disney
- “Done is better than perfect.”Sheryl Sandberg
- "Write what you know." Mark Twain
- “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.”Guy Kawasaki
- “If Plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.”Claire Cook
- “What you do after you create your content is what truly counts.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- Don’t forget to spend time on your blog today! Why because blogging is fun.
- "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." Bill Gates
- "Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard." Guy Kawasaki
- "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works." Steve Jobs
- "It's not the customer's job to know what they want." Steve Jobs
- “Blogging is hard because of the grind required to stay interesting and relevant.” – Sufia Tippu
- My style: whatever I feel like, I write and it always works. – Cindy Crawford #bloggerboss.
- A blog is only as interesting as the interest shown in others. Lee Odden
- "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." Herman Melville
- “Do. Or do not. There is no try.”Yoda
- The more I read blogs, the more I realize how everything fits together.
- "I didn't fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." Benjamin Franklin
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." Albert Einstein
- "Give them quality. That's the best kind of advertising." Milton Hershey
- Worrying is silly when you have a beautiful blog to visit.
- I have too many ideas, not enough time, writing is fun.
- Don’t forget to open your blog today—for the writer in you.
- Keep calm and blog on‼️ 📸
Cool Blogging Instagram Captions & Quotes
- "If people like you they will listen to you, but if they trust you they'll do business with you." Zig Ziglar
- "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Benjamin Franklin
- "If you're looking for the next best thing, and you're looking where everyone else is, you're looking in the wrong place." Mark Cuban
- "Content is anything that adds value to the reader's life." Avinash Kaushik
- There are few things greater than finding a great blog to get lost in for a while….. one of which is finding a greater blog to get lost in.
- "Customers can't always tell you what they want, but they can always tell you what's wrong." Carly Fiorina
- “The question I ask myself almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’”Mark Zuckerberg
- “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” — Farrah Gray
- "In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake but by what you finally accomplish." Donald Trump
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”Albert Schweitzer
- Blogging is good for your career. A well-executed blog sets you apart as an expert in your field. Penelope Trunk
- Successful blogging is not about one-time hits. It’s about building a loyal following over time. David Aston
- "Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that's where you will find success." Thomas J. Watson
- The currency of blogging is authenticity and trust. Jason CalacanisContent is anything that adds value to the reader’s life. Avinash Kaushik
- Your brand is what other people say about you when you are not in the room. Jeff Bezos
- Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget about rule No. 1Warren Buffet
- Fall into something new. The best stories happen when you get out of your comfort zone.
- "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison
- The first thing you need to decide when you build your blog is what you want to accomplish with it, and what it can do if successful. Ron Dawson
- Blogs are whatever we make them. Defining ‘Blog’ is a fool’s errand. Michael Conniff
- All the things I love are what my business is all about. Martha Stewart
- You don’t have to be big. You have to be remarkable. Joe Pulizzi
- I think I am about 5 for 500 when it comes to successful ideas vs flops. Jerry Schoemaker
- Not only are bloggers suckers for the remarkable, so are the people who read blogs. Seth Godin
- “Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours per week.”Lori Greiner
- You know you’re a blogger when blog posts are the only blog posts you read. #lifeofablogger.
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." John D. Rockefeller
- The term ‘Professional Blogger’ is no longer an oxymoron. Luke Langford
- Making money from blogging requires you to do only two things: drive a lot of traffic, then maximize the income from that traffic. John Chow
- Most businesses actually get zero distribution channels to work. Poor distribution, not product is the number one cause of failure. Peter Thiel
- If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all read a lot and write a lot. Stephen King
- Sew the blog of your dreams today & make them better.
- I feel better just knowing that I’m a writer and it’s so great to be one.
- “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.”Seth Godin
- “There’s a lot of information out there for free, so you’ve got to figure out what makes your information different.”Matt Wolfe
- I’ve long advised that bloggers seeking to make money from blogging spread their interests across multiple revenue streams so as not to put all their eggs in one basket. Darren Rowse
- What you do after you create your content is what truly counts. Gary Vaynerchuk
- Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument. Desmond TutuI
- t’s not the best content that wins. It’s the best promoted content. Andi Crestodina
- The internet is really about highly specified information. Eric Schmidt
- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. Winston Churchill
- “I made a decision to write for my readers, not to try to find more readers for my writing.”Seth Godin
- Let’s be honest: Blogging shouldn’t just be a side hustle, it should be your whole life cause it’s so much fun.
- Yesterday was a great reminder that life is short, and all you got is time. So what you gonna do with it? I’m going to blog away with mine.
Funny Blogging Instagram Captions & Quotes
- Readers subscribe to blogs when they provide an informational or entertainment value so great that it would be a loss to not subscribe to it.MakiDon’t try to plan everything out to the very last detail. I’m a big believer in just getting it out there create a minimal viable product or website, launching it, and getting feedback. Neil Patel
- “It should feel genuinely good to earn income from your blog you should be driven by a healthy ambition to succeed. If your blog provides genuine value, you fully deserve to earn income from it.”Steve Pavlina
- "The value of an idea lies in the using of it." Thomas Edison
- “The key is, no matter what story you tell, make your buyer the hero.”Chris Brogan
- “To any entrepreneur: if you want to do it, do it now. If you don’t, you’re going to regret it.”Catherine Cook, co-founder of MyYearbook.
- "Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours per week." Lori Greiner
- You can work quite hard, in particular online… but if you really want to grow you need points of leverage and most of them come from knowing people. Yaro Starak
- If you want to continually grow your blog, you need to learn to blog on a consistent basis. Neil Patel
- Blogging is just writing — writing using a particularly efficient type of publishing technology. Simon Dumenco
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”Thomas Edison
- I heart writing. Slowly but surely, those squiggly black lines on a page are taking shape.
- "An artist is someone who uses bravery, insight, creativity, and boldness to challenge the status quo. And an artist takes it personally." Seth Godin
- I think of us as journalists; the medium we work in is blogging. Joshua Micah Marshall
- Where the Internet is about availability of information, blogging is about making information creation available to anyone. George Siemens
- “Blogging is to writing what extreme sports are to athletics: more free-form, more accident-prone, less formal, more alive. It is, in many ways, writing out loud.”Andrew Sullivan
- People want to do business with you because you help them get what they want. They don’t do business with you because they help you get what you want. Don Crowther
- Too often, feeling intimidated becomes our excuse not to be awesome. Scott Stratten
- Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers. Brian Clark
- The casual conversational tone of a blog is what makes it particularly dangerous. Daniel B. Beaulieu
- If you love writing or making music or blogging or any sort of performing art, then do it. Just don’t plan on using it as a shortcut to making a living. Seth Godin
- If you accept all the praise, you have to accept all the critics. Chris Brogan
- “I think I am about 5 for 500 when it comes to successful ideas vs flops.”Jerry Schoemaker
- "The paradox is the more info you give away, the more people will buy what you have to give." Brian Clark
- “It’s hard to do a really good job on anything you don’t think about in the shower.”Paul Graham
- Success is normally found in a pile of mistakes. Tim Fargo
- Content is king, but distribution is queen and she wears the pants. Jonathan Perelman
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”Steve Jobs
- My mom told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up. So I became a blogger. 📖
- “If you accept all the praise, you have to accept all the critics.”Chris Brogan
- “Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.”Brian Clark
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”Chinese proverb.
- "Don't find customers for your products, find products for your customers." Seth Godin
- Wherever you are in your blogging journey, there is always room to grow. This is a space for personal development, planning, and inspiration.
- If you look hard enough, there is a world beyond your doorstep and that’s blogging.
- "Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles." Steve Jobs
- “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”Albert Einstein
- “You take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing, no one to blame.”Erica Jong
- "If you can learn something new every day, you can teach something new every day." Martha Stewart
- "Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in business at all times." John Gerzema
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed.”Michael Jordan
- Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers. Seth Godin
- There’s a lot of information out there for free, so you’ve got to figure out what makes your information different. Matt Wolfe
- Blogging is the key to growth and doing great in life. It’s a bouquet you give to yourself. 💐
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”Jim Rohn
- "A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well." Jeff Bezos
- “Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” -Gloria Steinem
- It’s a new era of blogging. I’m finding so many fun things to do these days, it’s crazy but super fun anyway.
- People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories, and magic. Seth Godin
- Your email list is going to be your highest converting traffic channel. Neil Patel
- "These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched." Brian Clark
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein
- “If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design.”Ralf Speth
- When you need to start a blog post but you just can’t decide what to write about. Look inward and you’ll see the answer you need.
- Don’t Settle: Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path get off it.Chris BroganOn the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar!David Ogilvy
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”Bill Gates
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that ig captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your insta captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Insta post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your insta captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Good Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
Wanna see 52 business ideas you can start with less than $1,000?
Join our free weekly newsletter and get them right now.