Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your wedding planner business.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Wedding Planner Business
- How do you write a wedding blog
- How the Coronavirus pandemic has affected the US wedding venues
- How to plan a wedding
- How to choose your wedding venue
- How to choose the best month for weddings
- How to start a wedding planning blog in easy to follow steps
- How to Look Good in Your Wedding Photographs
- How to find Bridal PJs
- How to write the wedding invitation wording
- How to make a wedding dress from start to finish
- How to Write Your Own Wedding Ceremony
- How to Plan a Wedding Step by Step: Tips & Budget Advice
- How to Do Your Own Wedding Makeup
- How to Prep Your Skin for the Wedding Day
- How To Plan A Pre-Wedding Skin Care Regimen
- How To Be A Good Bridesmaid In 10 Simple Steps
- How to Organize a Wedding Procession
- How to Pose Grooms and Groomsmen Effectively
- How to Style Father of Bride or Groom
- How To Throw A Wedding Under 5 Lakhs
- How To Create A Perfect (For You) Wedding Budget
- How to Save for a Wedding
- How to stick to your wedding budget
- How Much Does the Average Wedding Cost?
- How I Planned A Wedding Under $10,000
- How to choose a wedding photographer
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Venue
- How to Choose Your Wedding Date
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Wedding Planner Business
- 5 Most Unique Wedding Venues in your city
- 5 Wedding Venues in [City or State] for an Indoor Ceremony
- 5 Wedding Venues in [City or State] That You’ve Never Heard Of
- 6 Wedding Trends I’m Predicting for 2021
- 42 Things to Do the Week of Your Wedding
- 10 of the Best SPFs for Brides
- Top 4 Incredible Weddings to Inspire
- The biggest wedding trends to expect in 2021
- The Top 12 Trends for 2021 Weddings
- Top 5 things a bride needs
- 12 Pre Wedding Preparations for the Groom To Be
- 10 Things Every Groom Must Do Before the Wedding
- 11 Things Every Bride Should Know Before Her Wedding
- 20 Great Grooming Tips for Grooms
- 30 Expert Wedding Planning Tips and Tricks
- 15 Ways to Jump-Start Your Bridal Beauty Routine
- 10 Tips to Be Stress-Free Before Your Wedding
- 33 Wedding Wishes: What to Write in a Wedding card
- 11 Pre-Bridal Tips For A Glowing Skin
- 9 makeup products every bride needs to have in her wedding
- The BEST Bridal Entry Ideas We've Ever Seen
- 8 tips for Dressing Your Groomsmen
- 10 Essentials Every Groom Needs for the Big Day
- 6 Simple Steps To Setting A Wedding Budget
- 6 Apps To Help You Stick To Your Wedding Budget
- 50 Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Wedding Planner Business
- What Does a Wedding Planner Really Do?
- Wedding Planner vs. Wedding Coordinator: Which Do You Need?
- Coronavirus wedding rules for 2021
- Wedding During COVID-19: Guidelines For Guests
- FAQ: Wedding Restrictions in US in August 2021
- FAQ: What Does Exclusive Wedding Venue Hire Mean?
- FAQ: Who Pays for Bridesmaids Dresses?
- The Bride's Guide to Glow
- The Ultimate Wedding Checklist Every Bride Needs
- A Complete Guide to Traditional Groom Responsibilities
- The Ultimate Groom To-Do List
- A Groom's Guide to Wedding Planning for a Spectacular Affair
- The Complete Guide to Planning a Wedding
- Wedding Budget 101: Best Wedding Budget Tips & More
- Your Personal Wedding Cost Calculator
- The Complete Guide to Making Your Wedding Guest List
- Wedding Guest Etiquette 101 for Attending Weddings
- Your Complete Guide to Choosing the Perfect Wedding Menu
- Wedding Catering Guide: Everything You Need to Know
- The Ultimate Guide to Your Wedding Reception Bar
- Wedding Bar Basics: How Much Alcohol to Serve & More Info
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing Your Own Wedding Vows
- A Bride's Guide: How to Avoid Wedding Day Nightmares
- Wedding Songs - The Ultimate Guide
- Take This Quiz To Find What's Your Wedding Style
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.