This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is Organic Twitter Growth?
Organic Twitter growth refers to growing your Twitter account without paid advertising. Therefore, brands use the free services and tools available on Twitter, to build a community of loyal followers and customers.
Boosting your Twitter growth organically not only saves your marketing budget, but also shows your followers the true values of your brand, and contributes to increasing follower loyalty, while encouraging engagement.
According to Hootsuite, 82% of B2B content marketers use Twitter for organic content marketing. This is compared to just 27% of B2B content marketers, who used Twitter ads. This statistics is a true testament that brands are seeing the importance of growing their Twitter accounts organically.
But how can I grow my Twitter organically? If you are sitting there wondering how to grow Twitter accounts organically, this post is for you. Keep reading to discover the inside insights when it comes to growing Twitter following organically.
Organic Twitter Growth Key Takeaways
- 53% of people on Twitter are more likely to be the first to buy new products.
- The most successful brands on Twitter have both paid and organic strategies
- Growing your Twitter organically makes it easier to increase brand trust
- Twitter is arguably the easiest social following to grow from scratch.
How Twitter Organic Growth Works
As explained earlier, organic Twitter growth involves the use of free services and tools provided by Twitter rather than paid ads to grow your account or following.
Therefore, the only cost here is your time and effort, and not necessarily paid ads to grow the account.
Therefore, rather than paying to gain exposure, brands post status updates, links, and images with captions for the audience.
The reason for investing time and effort in organic Twitter growth is to build a community of loyal followers, and customers through posting relevant content.
Despite the pressures that social networks put on brands to spend on paid social, organic growth is real and helps brands to achieve success.
That’s not to say paid Twitter Ads is not important. Rather, it is important that brands consider organic growth to achieve true success.
Therefore, it is important you connect your paid Twitter ads and organic efforts to ensure a streamlined user experience.
Why Invest In Organic Twitter Growth?
Here are important reasons to focus your efforts on organic Twitter growth
- Builds Twitter community: Organic content on Twitter helps to connect with your audience as you post content that your audience feels is important and relevant to them
- Organic content boosts brand validity: if users see your advert online or offline, what follows is searching your brand on Twitter. If they see only paid Ads, they are likely to avoid further engagement. However, organic content boosts your validity and encourages them to keep engaging.
- Helps Twitter users to recognize your brand: actively posting and sharing relevant content gets your brand in front of the target audience.
- ** Cost-effective option**: Effective organic engagement does not require a huge marketing budget.
Examples Of Twitter Organic Growth
Here are great examples of brands that grew their Twitter accounts / following organically.
1. How Heinz Harnessed The Power Of Twitter Polls And Got 1 Billion Impressions In 48 Hours
HEINZ is a classic American brand, and one of the most recognized names in Ketchup.
When the brand decided to expand the business into Mayonnaise, it was not clear how it would convince the US consumers.
Seeing this, the brand created a Twitter poll (Free Twitter resources) to launch a vote that asked people if they wanted the brand to launch in the US.
A Twitter poll is one of the free resources that help Twitter users to grow their accounts organically by increasing audience engagement.
As the poll drew to a close, the energy and excitement of their followers were evidenced. Ultimately, the poll helped Heinz to rack up to 1 Billion impressions in 48 hours.
2. How Adobe Is Growing Twitter Audience By Featuring Consumer-Generated Content
One of the best ways to grow user engagement and build brand authenticity is by sharing user-generated content. Adobe is one of the brands that has known the importance of user-generated content in achieving social media growth.
In this example, Adobe shares user-generated content, as a way of appreciating that consumers achieved success using Adobes technology.
Featuring user-generated content is a great way to grow your Twitter following.
How To Grow Twitter Organically
- Perfect your Twitter profile so that its attractive to Twitter users
- Increase your engagement rate on Twitter by tweeting more often
- Scheduled tweets with tools like Hootsuite to increase consistency
- Use your existing social media connections to grow your Twitter account
- Cross-share twitter content on other social media platforms
- Use Twitter chats to engage your audience and offer customer care
- Find and follow influential people within your industry
- Keep your Twitter followers engaged
- Include your Twitter account on email and business cards
- Relevant and helpful conversations
Are you using Twitter to market your business? building your account organically offers various benefits. Start today!
Contributors to this article:
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
- David Gitonga, Writer @ Starter Story
- Ankita Ghosh
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.