What Is A Customer Testimonial?
A customer testimonial is a recommendation from satisfied customers affirming the value of a product or service.
Happy customers give customer testimonials voluntarily or upon a company’s request.
According to Optinmonster, 88% of consumers trust reviews as much as personal recommendations.
When combined with a sharp content strategy, customer testimonials help prospects overcome objections, hence boosting online sales and turns customers to brand ambassadors.
Customer Testimonial Key Takeaways
- Great customer testimonials inform your prospects that your business actually delivers value
- Customer testimonials page will inspire trust in your business and boost your conversion rate
- Legitimate customer testimonials act as a powerful tool to establish trust and encourage potential buyers to take appropriate action
- To generate a glowing customer testimonials page, know who your happy customers are and collect their feedback.
Example Customer Testimonial Video
Understanding How Customer Testimonials Work
Customer testimonials in a landing page encourage potential customers to make a purchase.
This is considering that when prospects come across verified customer testimonials, they gain trust in your brand.
The customer testimonials help brands to improve product sales and overall conversions. Therefore, businesses need to consider collecting testimonials from satisfied customers.
Real-World Examples Of Brands Using Customer Testimonials To Improve Conversions
Here are two customer testimonial examples:
1. How Zendesk is Improving Conversions Through Customer Testimonials
Zendesk Customer Page is a great illustration of how to request and feature customer testimonials.
To begin with, they have gone ahead and inquired from their customers, how their service3 has improved the customer's experience.
The customer experience is featured in an easy-to-navigate testimonial page that includes eye-catching graphics.
Besides, Zendesk prioritizes testimonials from popular companies like Klook, Mailchimp, and Siemens to lend social proof to their products.
When prospective customers scroll and scan a number of testimonials from the big-name businesses, they trust Zendesk solutions and end up signing up. To make sure they do not miss the opportunity, Zendesk includes a "chat with sales" window, so that prospects can make inquiries.
2. How ChowNow Is Building Brand Trust By Requests And Publishing Customer Testimonials
ChowNow invested in recording high-quality customer testimonials. Their video testimonials allow the viewer to connect on an emotional level.
The testimonials page mentions why the customer choose ChowNow over competition and even mentions how their conversions increased after choosing ChowNow over the competition.
ChowNows combination of video-based and text-alone customer testimonials is well worth the investment.
How To Request Customer Testimonials
Here are a couple of ideas of how you can collect customer testimonials.
- Do an interview or a survey at the end of the project
- Use Feedback received through Email or recorded voice calls
- Record a quick video while meeting the client or signing off a project
- Write reviews and ask the customers to post
- Support customer review with a compliment to encourage them to always leave a review
To improve the effectiveness of customer reviews request, consider setting up easy ways for clients to send in their feedback through.
Best Tools For Gathering Customer Testimonials
- Typeform: Features an eye-catching design that encourages customers to fill their experience.
- Hotjar: Built for marketers, product managers, and UX designers.
- Qualtrics user-friendly and versatile tool built to make sophisticated tasks easy and accessible to users of different skill levels.
- Google Forms super simple to use enabling you to collect feedback from customers in less time.
- SurveyMonkey: Get access to expert-written survey templates that speak to customers, employees, or your target audience
Lay the right foundation for managing your stakeholder experiences. From customer insights to market segmentation to concept testing, Qualtrics CoreXM is the single solution for all of your experience data.
- Website: qualtrics.com
Businesses using SurveyMonkey:
Create a new survey and edit it with others at the same time. Free with a Google account!
- Pricing: Freemium
- Website: https://workspace.google.com/intl/en/products/forms/
Businesses using Google Forms :
Contributors to this article:
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
- David Gitonga, Writer @ Starter Story
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!