Looking to write a new Handmade Soap blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Handmade Soap blog post topics to write about
- Handmade Soap blogging ideas
- Other Handmade Soap content ideas
- Real-world examples of Handmade Soap blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Handmade Soap blog ideas.
Handmade Soap Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Handmade Soap blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Handmade Soaps
- Bath Bombs
- Sugar Body Scrubs
- Shea Bar Soaps
- Natural Body Care
- DIY Toilet Bombs
- Skin-nourishing Ingredients in Soap
- Plant-based skincare
- Soap recipes
- Floral Scented Soaps
- Organic Mild Soap
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Handmade Soap Blog Post Ideas
- How to Start Handmade Soap Business
- How to make Liquid Hand Soap from Scratch
- How to store handmade soaps
- How to keep the soap soft
- How to Store Handmade Bath Products
- How much essential oil should be used in soap
- How to make natural soap
- How to fix soap sweating
- How to Market Your Handmade Soap Effectively and Easily
- How to make Pumpkin Spice Soap (Cold Process Recipe)
- How to Make Christmas Soap that looks like Fudge
- How to make Pure White Natural Goat Milk Soap
- How to Naturally Color Handmade Soap
- How to make olive oil soap with just three ingredients
- How to naturally make green soap
- How to Store Cold Process Soap
- How to make facial soap
- How to make Herbal Soap with Rosemary and Peppermint
- How to Make Natural Liquid Soap from Bar Soap
- How to use Castor Oil in Soap
- How to rebatch soap
- How to Package Homemade Soap
- How to Color Handmade Soap
- How to test colors in soap
- How to Safely Clean Your Soap-Making Tools
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Handmade Soap Content Ideas
- 5 Ways to make Handmade Soap
- 5 Step Guide for Starting a Profitable Organic Soap Business
- 10 Tips for Swirling Soap with Natural Colors
- 5 common mistakes to avoid while making soap
- Tips for Starting a Soap Making Business
- 5 Ways to use Plants in Soap Making
- 21 Ideas for Labeling and Packaging Handmade Soap
- 9 Natural soap plants for making lye-free soap
- 7 DIY Soap Making Instructions
- 13 Ways to Sell Homemade Soaps
- Tips on how to change and customize a soap recipe
- 3 Easy Soap Recipes
- 10 Eco-friendly Natural Soap Recipe
- 5 Benefits of Cold Process Soap
- 11 Ways to Color Your Homemade Soap Naturally
- 7 ways to fix the handmade soap
- 8 Places to buy Natural Soap Supplies
- 20 floral scents for spring
- 4 Things You Should Know About Tallow Soapmaking
- 5 Bath Salt Recipes
- 8 ways to naturally scent and color soap
- 5 Tips to Create Professional Looking Soap
- 15 fragrance oil to use in soap
- 4 Benefits of Using Castor Oil in soap
- 5 Do's and Don't of soap molds
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Handmade Soap Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Complete Guide to Natural Soap Additives and How They Work
- Ultimate Guide to Soap Molds including wooden, silicone, and custom soap molds
- Ultimate guide to using herbs and flowers in soap recipes
- National Soap making day
- Complete Guide to Using Melt-And-Pour Soap
- Complete instruction guide to use ingredients in the soap
- Soapmaker's Guide to Marketing Soap Online
- Ultimate guide to liquid soap
- Ultimate Guide to Hot Process Soap
- The ULTIMATE guide to buying soap
- Guide to using colors in homemade soaps
- Ultimate Guide to Making & Selling Colorful Natural Soaps
- Guide to marketing your soap making business
- Guide to sell handmade soap
- A complete guide to using natural herbs in soap
- The Ultimate Guide to Liquid Soap
- Ultimate Gift Guide for DIY Soap
- Natural Soap Colorants Guide
- Explaining and Preventing Soda Ash in soap making
- Soapy Session Clean Up Guide
- Natural Soap Ingredients Guide
- Guide to Soapmaking Equipment & Safety
- Beginner Soap Recipes
- Ultimate guide to the Soap Making Process
- Guide to Using Herbs & Flowers in a soap recipe
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.