This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is A Promotional Video?
A promotional video is any type of video you record and post with the intention of promoting a particular marketing initiative, sale, or event.
According to Wyzowl, 83% of video marketers say video gives them a great ROI.
Creating a stellar promotional video grabs the audience's attention and draws them to learn more about the featured product or service.
Promotional Video Key Takeaways
- Creating a promotional video strategy is a great way to engage target audience
- Sharing a promotional video on social media platforms can be an effective and cost-effective marketing strategy
- Experts say that the best length of time for a promotional video is 30-60 seconds long
Understanding How Promotional Videos Work
A promotional video is often similar in style and tone to a teaser video.
The video should highlight the following:
- what the offering is
- why the customer will benefit from the offering
- details and dates of the promotion
Ideally, a promotional video is created to draw the audience's attention and lead them to learn more through a specific call to action.
Businesses use promotional videos to attract new visitors and build brand awareness online.
Real-World Examples of Outstanding Promotional Videos
1. Marks and Spencers
Marks and Spencers, an online retailer, use promotional video as their main marketing strategy.
Not only does M&S make the promotional video short and concise, but the brand also uses clear language and a specific call to action at the end of the video.
2. EVO Haven
EVO Haven, is a real estate development company based in Atlanta and specializes in sustainable container living.
The company uses a promotional video to alert its target audience of upcoming projects.
Their promotional video is detailed and uses simple language, with precise explanations of what to expect.
To maximize reach, the video is posted on Instagram for their 20.6K followers to view.
How to Start Creating Promotional Videos
- Identify your goal
- Determine the direction of your video. (introductory, explainer, informer, etc)
- Set the tone of your promotional video (dramatic, conversational, urgent, etc)
- Decide on the duration
- Choose the video style
- Outline the idea
- Write a script
- Create the visuals
You will find a handful of tools to use for creating a promotional video. Examples include:
American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California.
Businesses using YouTube:
Is an ad-free video platform, providing free video viewing services as a competitor to YouTube. High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos in gorgeous HD and 4K with no ads.
Businesses using Vimeo:
Edit your pictures, apply photo effects, add text and paint!
Businesses using Ipiccy:
The easiest online design tool to create animations and graphics for social ads. Create images, videos, and animations to suit your marketing needs.
Businesses using Crello:
Contributors to this article:
- David Gitonga, Writer @ Starter Story
- Samantha Walls, Head Of Content @ Starter Story
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!