Looking to write a new Marketing blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Marketing blog post topics to write about
- Marketing blogging ideas
- Other Marketing content ideas
- Real-world examples of Marketing blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on how to find the right Marketing blog ideas.
Marketing Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Marketing blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Traditional Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Business to Business Marketing
- Website and Inbound Marketing
- Outbound Marketing
- Paid advertising
- SMS & Mobile Marketing
- Brand collaboration
- Content Marketing
- Video & Voice Marketing
- Email marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing
- Campus Marketing
- Relationship marketing
- Field Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Undercover Marketing
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Marketing Blog Post Ideas
- How to create your Brand Strategy
- How to run a marketing campaign
- How to perform Copy-writing and Graphic Designing
- How to open Digital Marketing Agency
- How to use Google Search Engine
- How to perform a Marketing Case Study Analysis
- How to create a marketing inbound campaign
- How to learn the basics of SEO
- How to change your Instagram account into an advertising platform
- Step-bu-step guide to Social media marketing
- How to set up your own marketing company from scratch
- How to create a marketing blog
- How to curate a marketing package for your top clients
- How to customize your advertising banners
- How to create brand awareness for your Small Business locally
- How to define the right level of Marketing Investment
- How to not get looted in the name of advertising
- How to stay away from fraudulent marketing agencies
- How to start your brand marketing via Pinterest
- How to keep a check of your competitors through market research
- How to get more clients via social media marketing
- How to optimize B2B Demand Generation & Sales Enablement
- How to learn the basics of marketing automation online for free
- How to stay on top of current marketing trends
- How to learn about Amazon's retail marketing strategies
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Marketing Blog Post Content Ideas
- 5 Things to Avoid Failure In Social Media Marketing
- 5 Tips for Choosing Content Marketing Topics
- 7 ways to expand your reach with Search Marketing
- 3 tip to stay on top of the New Era of Digital Commerce
- 10 must-know Evolving Trends in Mobile Marketing
- 4 Tips to Help Your Business Generate More Clients via Social Media
- 5 Design Principles to Master for Better Display Ads
- 15 Banner Ad Design Tips to Get More Clicks
- 8 Tips For Effective Banner Design to run your Marketing campaign
- 4 Easy techniques to Find your brand niche
- Top 50 self-learning SEO websites in 2021
- 12 best courses for youth to keep up with marketing
- 5 tricks to learn Social media marketing at home
- 10 Social Media Marketing Secrets You Need to Get More Clients
- List of top 10 ways to engage with your followers and keep more coming
- 10 Marketing Tricks From the Pros
- 10 Digital Marketing Tips and Tricks from Top Brands
- 7 Psychological Marketing Tricks to Redefine Your Strategy
- 64 Creative Marketing Ideas to Boost Your Business
- 8 Effective Branding Tips
- 11 Branding Tips For A Better Company Image
- 18 Sneaky Ways to Build a successful Advertising Company
- Top 10 Most Effective Marketing Strategies for B2B and B2C
- 17 Powerful Marketing Strategies That You Should Steal in 2021
- 18 of the Best Marketing Techniques for 2021
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Marketing Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Why Social Media Is Important for Business Marketing
- The Definition of Advertising in Less Than 50 Words
- Latest SEO and advertising trends
- Guide to Content Marketing
- Blogs on search engine marketing and Google’s algorithm updates
- Things To Do Before Jumping Into Paid Internet Advertising
- Where Is the Line Between Creepy and Creative in Advertising?
- The Advertising Media That Consumers Trust Most
- Research the most popular social media channel
- Fresh Approaches to Create Content Your Customers Want
- The Only Features You Need to Use in SEO Tools
- WordPress SEO Tutorial for Beginners
- Keep your advertising simple but brilliant
- The art of influencing for brand visibility
- A Smooth Approach to Digital Marketing
- The Importance of Diversity & Inclusion In Sports Marketing
- The Beginner’s Guide to Evergreen Content marketing
- What happens when a Brand fails its Community
- What is the role of Google Analytics in advertising
- The Ultimate Guide to Branding
- Impact of branding management on business performance
- Importance of social networking on brand building
- Understanding The Who, What, Why, & How of Digital Marketing
- A Practical Guide to the Top Email Marketing Automation Tools
- The Best Social Media & Digital Marketing Metrics to Focus on that can change your brand image
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.