Looking to write a new blog post, but experiencing some writers block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with 160 jewelry blog post ideas that your audience will love in 2021 to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your online jewelry store.
Different Blog Post Types For Your Online Jewelry Store
Before we dive into the list of blog post ideas and topics, let’s go over a few common blog post types and how to use them:
How-to-guide content for your online jewelry store
How-to-guides are a great way to share your insight and knowledge across your audience.
If you are able to provide answers to a person's search, they will likely click on your article and stay on your site for a period of time.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and become a customer.
List-based content for your online jewelry store
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with an easy-to-read blog post.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, this is a great way to get your point across and answer your searchers query.
Lists are a great way to build traffic for your blog posts, and they are often quick to write. It’s a win-win!
Interview content for your online jewelry store
Why not have an industry expert write a piece of content for you, rather than writing it yourself?
Interviews are a great way to get user generated content for your site - and oftentimes, they will generate quality traffic and interest.
Not only will your audience read this content, but the audience of your interviewee will also read and share this content.
Interviews are a great way to add value to your business while mixing up your blogging style.
List Of Jewelry Blog Post Ideas
We put together a list of 160+ jewelry blog post ideas to help give you some inspiration for your next article:
- Fashion/style bloggers and influencers to follow
- Challenge reveal
- Jewellery Storage Ideas
- DIY tutorials
- Share your favorite craft products
- Seasonal trends in jewellery and accessories
- Visual storytelling of your brand through collaterals like business cards, posters, packaging
- Share a case study.
- What is your company’s history?
- Jewellery in literature
- How to colour and render jewellery digitally
- Personal stories of a piece of jewellery or your experience with buying or making one
- Share a product update.
- Recreate a DIY you like from another blogger.
- Creating and using mood boards
- Branding and storytelling
- How to photograph your jewellery
- Jewellery Shopping ideas for a Picky Person
- Tips on buying gemstones
- Create an inspiration post then create a DIY based on that inspiration
- Share your favorite DIYs from other bloggers.
- Recreate one of your past DIYs
- Share your favorite craft theme podcasts
- Can you showcase your customers?
- Write a Q&A post about all those crafty questions you keep getting from your readers.
- Interview of a fellow jewellery designer or maker to learn about their process
- Introduction to local (or foreign) arts and crafts
- Jewellery history and evolution through time
- Understanding jewellery making supplies (Types of clasps, hooks, etc)
- Create a parody.
- Matching makeup and jewellery
- Sourcing destinations and suppliers
- Working with unconventional materials
- Stories/ Art/Books/movies/shows that inspire you to create jewellery
- Share your top craft tips and tricks
- How to package your jewellery
- Making of a catalogue
- Announcements of Sales and exhibitions of your collections
- Make/buy Jewellery on a Budget
- Create a DIY series using one specific product or theme.
- Traditional jewellery of your region, state or country
- Selling on Social media
- How to illustrate gemstones and jewellery by hand
- Creating images for your posts
- Gift exchanges
- Write a round-up post of your past DIYs (like 5 easy weekend projects).
- Earrings and face shapes
- Setting up exhibition booths and shows
- Client interviews and testimonials
- What accessories to wear, when, and how
- Share a story.
- Differences between types of gold (white, yellow, 14k, 18k) Is there "pure" gold?
- Interview one of your favorite DIY bloggers
- Information of tribal and ethnic jewellery from across the world
- How does your product compare to other products?
- Recycled materials in jewellery
- Are there any funny posts or videos you found lately that you can share?
- What charities or organizations do you support?
- Write a post about how you got into crafting
- Interview of a design strategist, a graphic designer or a fashion photographer
- Create a list of inspirational quotes for your industry.
- Necklaces for every neckline
- Buying or selling vintage and second hand jewellery
- Blogging etiquette
- Can you share a recent travel experience?
- Share a company update.
- What are some tips you can share for using your product?
- Wristwatch brands you carry Their features and benefits
- OOTD (outfit of the day) and jewellery of the day
- Write a crafty ''get to know me'' post like this one!
- Information about new materials, and tools
- Region wise history/archives of jewellery
- What sets your company apart from your competitors?
- Write a post about the different social media craft sites that you are currently on (like Craftgawker)
- Have you considered doing a video blog?
- Latest developments in your niche
- Share your craft space
- Museum trips and art fairs for inspiration
- Create a video DIY
- Description of your current collection and product showcase
- Supply hauls and latest buys
- History and evolution of jewellery brands
- Understanding and targeting your ideal or dream client
- Sponsored posts
- Start a challenge for your audience to participate in.
- Discussion on jewellery metals – sheet metal and wire
- Tips of collecting jewellery
- Dissecting Fashion Week(s) and Runway Looks
- How did you decide to start your business?
- Care of your jewelry Check those prongs; don’t immerse opals in soapy water; and no, you can´t keep a 14kt gold chain in the front pocket of your jeans while playing touch football. (Actual true story)
- Jewellery Care Tips
- Jewellery Gifts from your brand by Profile (Her, him, mom, wife, teen, Friend, etc.)
- What your business and your employees do to give back to the community
- Write a review about a social media craft site (like Craftgawker)
- Write a beginners guide to your favorite craft topic (like scrapbooking or jewelry making)
- Share your favorite YouTube channels that are craft related.
- Mapping your consumer buying behaviour
- Discussion on colour – colour palettes, colour of the year, colour psychology
- Certification and Hallmarking processes
- How to design jewellery for yourself
- Anything unique or funny happen at the office this week?
- Write a review about a craft box subscription service (like Darby Smart)
- Holiday gift guide
- How to recreate a look of a fashion icon or a character
- Celebrity Showcases at awards shows – Oscars/Emmys/Golden globe
- Jewellery Repair and Restoration advice
- Tips on creating a jewellery blog
- Why your business is such a great place to work
- What would you recommend your customers do in the first few weeks of using your product?
- Hottest trends in jewelry and accessories
- Try a new DIY / craft and share your experience.
- Interviewing employees (including off-site jewelers) and discussing their expertise Make your store employees "human"
- What sets your company apart?
- Diamond grading The "4 C´s," Color, cut, carat, clarity and their impact upon cost
- Share your favorite craft books
- Announce a contest.
- Write a craft product review
- Swaps and jewellery design exchanges
- Why our customer service kicks b**t Our promise to you
- Branding strategies of highly successful jewellery brands
- Ways to Style your clothes with designer jewellery
- Inspiration/theme/concept for your next collection
- Travel guides for a jewellery artist/beader/blogger
- Fashion myths/ rules of adornment
- Write about where you get / buy your craft supplies
- Sales tips and money management
- Selling online on shopping platforms
- Readership and Authorship
- Fashion forecast and interpretation
- Why do we wear jewellery?
- Behind the scenes
- Iconic Designers and brands to follow
- Video posts and Vlogs
- How to create a design portfolio
- Contemporary jewellery of your region, state or country
- Custom design process
- Information about types/categories of gemstones
- Where do you see your business in the next 5 years?
- Create an infographic.
- Write a craft book review
- How-to articles
- Depiction of jewellery in art
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Jewellery books to read
- What is a creative use of your product?
- Write a craft magazine review
- Repairs and how to get them Turn around time, when a repair can and can´t be made
- Suggestions for gifts on Valentines Day, Mothers and Fathers Days, etc.
- Product reviews
- Collaboration with a Style icon or an influencer
- Guest posts
- Share your must have craft tools
- Jewellery for a cause
- Pricing your jewellery
- Write a post about your favorite DIY bloggers
- Write about a craft trend and give your opinion.
- Shopping for engagement rings and Bridal Jewellery
- Write about your dream craft room.
- What question can you ask your users? Create a survey or quiz.
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic For Your Online Jewelry Store
Finding the right content type and topic for your online jewelry store is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic for your online jewelry store:
1. Find A Content Topic And Type Through Google Search:
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Check Out Competitors And Successful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There’s a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top performing websites and topics
3. Use Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Win For This Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Writing a great blog post for your online jewelry store involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here