A social media advertising specialist uses social media platforms to promote a product or service. Advertisers often use platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok to reach new customers and engage with the current ones.
To become a social media advertising specialist, get the skills you need to discover essential concepts in modern social media marketing. Choose an appropriate social media platform and design your unique advertising plan.
Here are some real life success stories of starting a social media advertising specialist business:
1. Good Chance ($240K/year)
Kelsey Chance (from Bellingham) started Good Chance almost 5 years ago.
I’m Kelsey Chance and I run Good Chance Creative, a creative agency specializing in social media content creation! I work with companies to manage their social media pages, take and post custom lifestyle imagery of their products and services, and strategize creative ways to keep their social media posts, reels, stories, and videos on-trend and successful!
Behind the scenes - shooting a tabletop recipe video for a client’s social media page
2. The Creative Collective ($2.4M/year)
Yvette Adams (from Maroochydore QLD, Australia) started The Creative Collective almost 16 years ago.
Hi there! I’m Yvette Adams, Founder, and Co-owner of The Creative Collective - a full-service marketing agency that specializes in digital marketing.
We currently have around 100 active clients with whom we are either doing project work or retainer work and respond on average to 160 inquiries each month. In the last year, our team has doubled, and month-on-month compared to last year, as has our revenue.
Learn more about starting a social media advertising specialist business:
Where to start?
4. Vivid Candi, Inc. ($840K/year)
Chris Wizner (from Malibu, CA, USA) started Vivid Candi, Inc. almost 24 years ago.
Everyday I pinch myself and still can't believe this is my life. It wasn’t always this way. I grew up with a single waitress mom living very poor. I worked incredibly hard since age 16 using my first Taco Bell paycheck from my first job as capital to build upon. Somehow with lots of hard work and a pinch of luck, I began living my dream and building my vision.
I usually start the day at my home office in Malibu with a solid dose of espresso and then halfway through the day I walk a mile to our corporate offices. I walk into my office and have the best view of the Malibu Pier anyone could ever ask for. I can see the surf, see lots of people, and dream big here. It’s real and I worked my a$$ off for it and will never stop. I've been thrilled living my wildest dreams every day of my life since age 16 and that is the ultimate measure of success for me.
5. Social Burro Inc. ($156K/year)
Frank Kecseti & Alyson Kate Long (from Flat Rock, NC, USA) started Social Burro Inc. almost 3 years ago.
Our Chief Burro is Frank Kecseti, he is the creator and data nerd behind our business, Social Burro Inc. Alyson, his wife, and business partner are our Content Director. We built our business on the unwavering belief that social media can help small business owners who are challenging an aspect of their industries. Our flagship services include social media audits and team training sessions, as well as complete content takeovers. Frank is extremely passionate about the possibilities and power of hyper-targeted paid social media ads. Alyson is fixated on helping businesses own their “Why”.
6. Wealth Lead Generation ($120K/year)
Maria Popova (from Rotterdam, Nederland) started Wealth Lead Generation over 4 years ago.
My name is Maria. I'm 29. I run a digital advertising agency called Wealth Lead Generation HQ'd in Rotterdam.
That one little success was enough to convince me that there are plenty of opportunities online. I missed 99.9% of parties on campus but learned a great deal about remote work and online business. I made my first money online through the early adoption of bitcoin.
7. Socialistics ($500K/year)
Jason Yormark (from Seattle, WA, USA) started Socialistics about 5 years ago.
- Jason Yormark is the founder and Chief Social Officer of Socialistics. He started this advertising agency as a side project, but it has since expanded to manage social media marketing campaigns for 15 clients, ranging in price from $2 to $5K.
- Jason began his career with Microsoft before switching to blogging during a year of unemployment before being rehired.
- This company provides content marketing, social media marketing, blogging, copywriting, Facebook advertising, and social media advertising services to their customers.
Read the full story on upflip.com ➜
8. Jumper Media ($19.2M/year)
Colton Bollinger and the team over at Jumper Media help over 4,000 businesses tell their stories through Instagram. From zero to 6 million in annual recurring revenue in 2 years and from 3 to 50 employees! Top 3 Value Bombs: 1. The biggest thing when handling an internal team is communication and being able to be transparent with them. 2. Scaling a company will never happen if you don’t have a really effective lead generation strategy. 3. Evaluate relationships and what you can give to people; it will come back to you ten-fold. Visit Colton’s website - Sponsors: : Learn how to grow better by connecting your people, your customers, and your business at ! : If you’re generating 7 to 8 figures + from your website, and you’re not doing conversion optimization, you’re leaving revenue on the table! Visit for a free proposal today and tell them EOF sent you!
Colton Bollinger (from San Diego, California, USA) started Jumper Media about 7 years ago.
- Colton Bollinger founded Jumper Media in 2016, and it now assists over 3000 small businesses in using social media to tell their stories.
- He established this business to assist companies in using Instagram to build brand awareness.
- After working with more than 15,000 brands, influencers, and small businesses, he modified the brand strategy in 2020.
- The founder established a team in the Philippines to boost audience reach, engagement, and sales for more than 1600 businesses on Instagram in less than six months.
- Colton has received recognition for his Instagram-focused marketing strategies in Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Yahoo.
Listen to the full podcast on podcasts.apple.com ➜
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.