Imagine being a professional cuddler for a living. Getting paid to snuggle your clients may sound strange, but this type of service has been in high demand over the last few years.
Think of 'snugglers' as a more personal therapist. They get paid for many services: hugging their clients, listening to their problems, coaching them, comforting & reducing stress, cooking and eating meals together and more.
Here are some real life success stories of starting a professional cuddler:
1. Snuggle with Sam ($106K/year)
Samantha Varnerin (from Boston, Massachusetts, USA) started Snuggle with Sam about 6 years ago.
Hi there! My name is Sam Varnerin and I created Snuggle with Sam, my independent professional cuddling practice, while I was still working full-time as a construction engineer.
Here’s all of the contributors on the panel at CuddleXpo in Chicago presenting how we came up with the Code of Ethics for Professional Cuddling. Back left to right: Maryelen Reid, Madelon Guinazzo, Samantha Varnerin (me!), Samantha Hess, Jean Franzbleau, Fei Wyatt, Janet Trevino. Front left to right: Keely Shoup, Lisa Meece. Photo credit Rellian Chen Merrin
2. Touchunwind ($18K/year)
Kristiina Link, 30, from east London is a certified ‘cuddle therapist,’ offering hugs to those feeling lonely and isolated, with her sessions lasting up to three hours at a time
Kristiina Link (from London, UK) started Touchunwind almost 4 years ago.
Kristiina Link, 30, from East London, is a certified ‘cuddle therapist,’ offering hugs to those feeling lonely and isolated, with her sessions lasting up to three hours at a time.
- In 2019, after her breakup, Kristiina started missing cuddling and realized how it can work as a therapy and help someone calm down and relax.
- She took a professional course in cuddling and started her career as a cuddling therapist.
- She is qualified in healing therapy, life coaching, hypnotherapy, mindfulness, carer, and more.
- Today, Kristiina earns up to £170 per cuddling session and has managed to build a good client base.
Read the full story on mirror.co.uk →
3. Robin ($42K/year)
A big-hearted woman has quite literally embraced a most lucrative career - as a professional cuddler.
Robin Marie (from Kansas City, Missouri, USA) started Robin almost 5 years ago.
Robin Marie is a 51-year-old woman from Kansas City, Missouri, who earns her living as a professional cuddler.
- She has been working as a certified cuddle therapist since January 2018 and spends around 25 hours-a-week cuddling clients for work.
- She has a code of conduct that she makes sure the client follows, and she respects her client's personal space and boundaries.
- Robin has also previously worked as a marriage and family therapist, which has helped her to cultivate empathy and be non-judgemental towards clients.
- Her sessions usually last between one and four hours and take place in a "calming space” she rents in Kansas City.
Read the full story on foxnews.com ➜
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.