Are you interested in opening a women's fashion shop? Running a lingerie shop can be the right choice for you. Any woman will tell you that wearing quality lingerie makes her feel beautiful and confident.
Therefore, opening a lingerie shop can be a successful business venture. To open, research the market and find a reliable supplier of quality lingerie. Before deciding on the location for your lingerie store, it would help if you research the competition and check if competitors within your targeted region are selling lingerie.
When considering location, choose strip malls located in busy streets to maximize the number of views from potential customers.
Here are some real life success stories of starting a lingerie business:
1. LoveLornLingerie ($62.9K/year)
Jessica Ding (from New York, USA) started LoveLornLingerie over 8 years ago.
At the moment, this business is still a side hustle. Between my online store and the in person events I do, revenue averages to about 1.9k per month. Not bad for something that was started on a whim!
2. Sensual Sinsations ($24K/year)
Paris Munn (from Franklin) started Sensual Sinsations 12 months ago.
Hi, I am Paris Munn and I am the founder of Sensual Sinsations, an online lingerie boutique. Sensual Sinsations aims to encourage modern women to celebrate their bodies and embrace their sexuality throughout the different phases and changes that the female form experiences throughout a lifetime.
Currently, Sensual Sinsations is garnering an average of $2,500 per month in sales, an 813.69% growth rate when compared to our post-closure sales from January 2020 through April 2020. We only just relaunched on September 30th, 2021.
3. LoveHoney ($444K/year)
The incredible rise of South West sex toy retailer Lovehoney, from bedroom start-up to global domination
Neal Slateford and Richard Longhurst (from Bath, UK) started LoveHoney over 20 years ago.
- Lovehoney was started by Neal Slateford and Richard Longhurst in 2002. They develop unique, innovative sex toys and sexual well-being products.
- There are over 280,000 product reviews by Lovehoney customers on their site to help you choose the right toy for you. Lovehoney has over 400 own brand products for their customers.
- They have teamed up with some of the most fun and exciting brands or personalities out there to bring you the very best of sexual happiness. The most significant one was partnering with Fifty Shades of Grey author EL James for one of their ranges inspired by her megahit novel.
Read the full story on business-live.co.uk ➜
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!