Get 5 free tips from successful founders every week, directly in your inbox.
Jaw-dropping pictures aren't the only way to generate social media engagement.
Instagram captions, while frequently overlooked, are a powerful tool that may make or break your post.
Some businesses continue to put much too much emphasis on Instagram photos rather than captions.
Great Instagram captions have the power to offer even more insight to the post, potentially boosting engagement, bio visits, and click-throughs.
In this article, we've provided you with 200 Instagram caption ideas for your health and wellness business. Additionally, we walk you through the 5 easy-to-follow tips on how to create a great Instagram caption.
Here they are:
Cute Health & Wellness Instagram Captions
- "If when you look in the mirror you don't see the perfect version of yourself, you better see the hardest working version of yourself."—Chris Bumstead
- "What I enjoy most about fitness is how objective it is. What you put in is exactly what you get back. Nothing more, nothing less."—AJ Ellison
- "Setbacks are not failures. There is no such thing as failing if you simply keep going."—Kelsey Wells
- "People may judge you and try to belittle your ambition. Keep company only with people who uplift you."—Paige Hathaway
- I go to the gym because I think my great personality could use a banging body insert unicorn emoji
- A healthy lifestyle is something we refine over time, not overnight.
- It’s ok to fail… consistent doesn’t mean perfect.
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
- Have a purpose and you won’t need motivation.
- They say money can’t buy happiness… but it can buy yoga classes. And that’s basically the same thing.
- I go to the gym because I think my great personality could use a banging body.
- You can’t please everyone… you’re not an avocado.
- I’m in a good place right now. Not emotionally – I’m just at the gym.
- Workouts are my happy hour.
- I got 99 problems but I’m going to the gym and ignoring all of them.
- There should be a calorie refund for things that didn’t taste as good as expected.
- The gym doesn’t ask silly questions, the gym understands.
- I do yoga so that I can stay flexible enough to kick my own arse if necessary.
- What kind of wine goes with squats?
- If you fall, I’ll be there. Love, Your Yoga Mat.
- Peanut butter is the glue that holds this body together.
- I’m not napping. This is savasana!
- Stop rewarding yourself with food. You are not a dog.
- The only time Success comes before Work is in the dictionary.
- Don’t give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping.
- Yoga pants. Because jeans are stressful and you don’t need that in your life.
- Life has its ups and downs, we call them squats.
- I need to get in shape. If I were murdered right now, my chalk outline would be a circle.
- Exercise in the morning, before your brain figures out what you’re doing.
- I’ve got 99 problems and I’m gonna go to yoga and solve about 53 of them.
- What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow. Our life is the creation of our mind.
- The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit – Tim Ferris.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- When you start eating food without labels, you no longer need to count the calories – Amanda Kraft.
- Progress, not perfection – Kimberly Snyder.
- Your mind will take the shape of what you frequently hold in thought, for the human spirit is colored by such impressions.” – Marcus Aurelias
- If every eight-year-old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation. – Dalai Lama
- Without peace, all other dreams vanish and are reduced to ashes. – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Eat food, not too much, mostly plants – Michael Pollan.
- Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you have got a kingdom – Jack Lalanne.
- Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live – Jim Rohn.
- Just remember the letter ‘S’: salads, stir-fries, scrambles, soups, smoothies, and sushi. You can’t go wrong with the letter ‘S’ – Harley Pasternak.
- You can’t stop waves, but you can learn how to surf – John Kabat-Zinn.
- Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection – Mark Twain.
- You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your day – Deepak Chopra.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. – Aristotle.
Short Health & Wellness Instagram Captions
- I don’t sweat, I sparkle insert glitter emoji
- Eat. Gym. Repeat.
- Rule your mind or it will rule you.
- At first they will ask why, later they will ask how.
- My future self will thank me for this.
- Commit to be fit.
- Ultimate life hack: yoga.
- Sorry for what I said before I yoga-ed.
- Nothing changes if nothing changes.
- If you still look cute after the gym, you didn’t workout hard enough.
- "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!"—Jillian Michaels
- Six pack in progress…
- Excuses don’t burn calories.
- It is health that is real wealth – Gandhi.
- Radiate positivity.
- I bend so I don't break.
- Keep your squats low and your standards high insert peach emoji
- Train insane or remain the same.
- Don’t decrease the goal. Increase the effort.
- "Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live"—Jim Rohn
- Namast'ay in bed insert coffee emoji
- Inhale the future. Exhale the past insert yoga emoji
- Workout selfie captions
- Train like a beast, look like a beauty insert lipstick emoji
- In a committed relationship with my yoga practice.
- Hustle for that muscle insert bicep emoji
- Do I have abs yet?
- I want to see what happens if I don’t give up.
- Eat clean, train dirty insert wink emoji
- Friends that sweat together, stay together insert twin emoji
- "It is health that is real wealth."—Mahatma Gandhi
- Be stronger than your excuse insert boxing emoji
- I’m torn between cardio and insert pizza emoji
- Life is all about ups and downs, we call it squats.
- Get fit for life, not just for summer insert bikini emoji
- It never gets easier, you just get stronger.
- "Health is not about the weight you lose but the life you gain."—Antonia Li
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
- "What seems impossible today will one day be your warm-up."—Unknown
- Every workout counts.
- Say squeeze!
- The best highlighter is sweat.
- Banging weights and slamming plates insert weightlifting emoji
- No excuse is stronger than you.
- Let your soul glow.
- Ain’t nobody got time for fat!
- Strive for progress, not perfection.
- Own your magic insert crystal ball emoji
- Doing this for me.
Cool Health & Wellness Instagram Captions
- Believe you can and you're halfway there.
- Health is a state of body. Wellness is a state of being.
- The smallest step in the right direction can turn out to be the biggest step of your life.
- Make yourself a priority once in a while. It's not selfish. It's necessary.
- Every day is a fresh start to get healthy.
- Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Mind, body spirit.
- A perfectly clean house is the sign of a misspent life. So, get out there and enjoy it!
- Your health is an investment, not an expense.
- It's never too early or too late to work towards being the healthiest you.
- Less is more. Unless it's kindness, sleep, or toilet paper.
- Positive mind, positive vibes, positive life.
- Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
- Don't let your mind bully your body.
- This, too, shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone. But it will pass.
- Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.
- Grow through what you go through.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- A healthy outside starts from the inside.
- If it costs you your peace, it's too expensive.
- A person too busy to take care of their health, is like a mechanic too busy to take care of their tools.
- You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.
- We don’t stop exercising because we grow old… we grow old because we stop exercising
- A year from now, you’ll wish you had started today.
- Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. – Edward Stanley
- The best project you will ever work on is you.
- If you have time for Facebook, you have time for exercise.
- A healthy lifestyle is something we refine over time – not overnight.
- Some things you have to do every day. Eating seven apples on Saturday night instead of one a day just isn’t going to get the job done. – Jim Rohn
- Fall in love with taking care of your body.
- She believed she could, so she did.
- Everything you do now, is for your future.
- Respect your body. It’s the only one you get.
- Change your body by changing your thoughts.
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- The body achieves what the mind believes.
- Never say the sky’s the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
- Of all the people on the planet, you talk to yourself more than anyone… make sure you’re saying the right things.
- The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
- You are confined only by the walls you build yourself.
- Don’t stop now.
- We don’t need to be perfect… we just need to get started.
- It never gets easier. You just get better at it.
- Each day is another chance to change your life.
- Shift the focus from what your body looks like to what it can do.
- It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.
- The same voice that says “give up” can also be trained to say “keep going”.
- You can’t out-train a bad diet.
- It’s not until you get tired that you see how strong you really are. – Shaun T
- You don’t have to go fast… you just have to go.
Funny Health & Wellness Instagram Captions
- You are what you eat. * insert bicep emoji *
- I don't always go to the gym, but when I do... your feed gets #blessed too.
- Be fearless in pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
- You CAN sit with us.
- Love the body you have and you'll get the body you want.
- Drooling is allowed (and encouraged!)
- Future so bright we need shades * insert sunglasses emoji *
- Workin' on my fitness.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- All I do is gym gym gym no matter what.
- I promise I'm a lot nicer than my resting gym face.
- Food is my love language.
- Keep your friends close and your brunch closer.
- On Wednesdays we wear unconditional love & support for each other.
- Great things never come from comfort zones.
- Raise your standards and the universe will meet you there.
- Life, liberty, and the pursuit of wellness.
- I'm just here for the savasana.
- Drop it like a squat.
- Mens sana in corpore sano. (A healthy mind in a healthy body.)
- "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
- Goal of the day: Be kind to yourself.
- Stop and smell the roses.
- Empowered women empower women.
- The grass isn't greener on the other side. It's greener where you water it.
- I'm sweaty and I know it.
- On good days, I work out. On bad days, I work out HARDER.
- There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.
- "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." - Buddha
- You can't live a full lunch on an empty stomach.
- Rollin' with the homies.
- Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Behind every strong woman there's an entire army of strong women.
- Ways to my heart: Buy me food. Make me food. Be food.
- Have YOU practiced self-care today?
- Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
- Good food is the foundation of happiness.
- We now interrupt this program for your (daily, weekly, etc) gym rat content.
- Ride or dies.
- Nourished mind: Check. Nourished body: Check. Nourished spirit: Check. Check. Check.
- I see it. I like it. I want it. I got it. * insert shrug emoji *
- You gotta nourish to flourish.
- Treat your body and mind like the temples they are.
- Namastay in (insert location).
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
- All I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriends.
- Livestrong, live well.
- Ok ladies, now let's get in formation.
- I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.
5 Tips For Creating A Great Instagram Caption
1. Write several drafts first
Make at least three different Instagram caption drafts.
This will allow you to edit, proofread, and compare your captions side by side to see which one has the most effect.
Your first draft will almost never be selected as the best option, which is why you should set aside enough time to write several.
2. Front-load the most important information
The 2,200-characters limit for Instagram captions is mostly a formality. However, it's worth noting that captions are cut off in users’ feeds to around 140 characters.
This doesn't mean you must make your captions extremely short so people can see everything without clicking "more."
Instead, frontload your captions with the most important sentence or calls-to-action, and save any @mentions, hashtags, or other unimportant information for the end.
3. Include a strong call to action
The most effective way to maximize the possibility for your Instagram post to get shared and improve engagement is to include a call to action in the captions.
Instead of passively scrolling through, you should use action verbs to encourage people to take action.
Here are some exåmples:
- Visit the link in bio to learn more
- Share your experience in the comments
- Enter by liking this photo and signing up for our monthly newsletter
4. Limit yourself to 3-4 hashtags
A hashtag on Instagram works the same way it does on Twitter and Facebook: it unites the conversations of many users into a single stream.
Anyone who searches for that hashtag on Instagram may see your Instagram post if your account is public.
However, you should use hashtags sparingly. As a means to get more followers, some Instagram users add a string of searchable hashtags.
Too many hashtags can come off spammy to your existing followers. Limit yourself to three or four hashtags at most.
5. Use emojis and have fun with them.
Add some emojis to spice up your captions and make them more appealing.
Emojis added at the end of sentences or paragraphs may act as "bookends," visually breaking up long strings of text.
You can also use emojis to encourage readers to take action, such as clicking the link in the bio.
If you're going to use emojis, make sure they match your tone of voice and identity. You don't want to use too many emojis at once, particularly in the same caption.
Instagram captions take your content to new heights.
Remember not to rush your copywriting and to evaluate the success of your efforts so that you can use objective benchmarks to figure out what works.
Your content will go far if you combine a beautiful photo with a great Instagram caption.
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages —
powered by your data.
Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.
Join Brumate, Beardbrand, and the 265,000 other businesses using Klaviyo to grow their online sales.
Try Klaviyo for free right now ➜
Looking to start a business?
We put together 20 businesses you can start from home. Join our free weekly newsletter and get them right now.