Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your hair salon.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Hair Salon
- How to build a profitable hair salon
- How to find the best location for your hair salon
- How to hire the best hair stylists
- How to design your hair salon
- How to get customers for your hair salon
- How to advertise your hair salon online
- How to start a hair salon business from scratch
- How to make your hair salon popular
- How to bring your hair salon back to life
- How to make your hair salon interactive
- How to entertain your guests on your hair salon
- How to advertise your hair salon in magazines
- How to satisfy your customers
- How to enhance the services of your hair salon
- How to get repeat customers for your hair salon
- How to fix problems with your hair salon equipment
- How to clean your hair salon effectively
- How to determine the services for your hair salon
- How to unleash the full potential of your hair salon
- How to prevent failures in the hair salon business
- How to keep your hair salon pest-free
- How to win customers for your hair salon business
- How to keep your customers entertained
- How to run a hair salon with a 100 USD loan
- How to start a hair salon business with no capital
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Hair Salon
- List of the best hairdressing equipment
- Tips on expanding your hair salon business
- Tips on cleaning your hair salon efficiently
- Top 5 hair salons that started from scratch
- List of the best haircuts for your salon
- Top services that you should have on your hair salon
- List of services that you can add to your hair salon
- Tips on operating a hair salon business amidst pandemic
- Top 5 hair salon owners who become millionaires
- List of perfect locations for your hair salon business
- List of reminders when operating a hair salon
- Tips on opening a hair salon while on a budget
- Places where you can open up a hair salon
- Tips on making more sales on your hair salon
- Products that you can sell on your hair salon
- Tips on hiring the best hairstylists
- Tips on maintaining your hair salon equipment
- Winning ways to showcase your services
- Tips on being a competitive hair salon owner
- Ways on operating even when there is a calamity
- List of the best shampoo products for your hair salon
- List of the best scissors and shavers for your hair salon
- List of the best seats that you can use for your hair salon
- List of the best concepts for your hair salon's interior
- Tips on preventing accidents in your hair salon
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Hair Salon
- Turn your hair salon into a multi-million dollar enterprise
- Hair salon secrets that you never heard of
- Hair salon stories that will blow your mind
- Hair salon business problems unveiled
- Why you must put up a hair salon business right now
- The trends in the hair salon industry
- How long will it take for your hair salon to earn
- The history of hair salons
- The weirdest haircuts that you can do on your salon
- Additional services that you can include in your hair salon
- Surprising things that happened inside a hair salon
- Why hair salons are in demand
- What should you remember before starting a hair salon
- Different hair salon trends that rocked the world
- The game-changers in the hair salon industry
- Transitioning from a hair salon to a wider industry
- Diversifying a hair salon business
- Fundamentals in opening more branches for your hair salon
- Hair salon business tips and tricks
- Solve problems in your hair salon business
- Spending decisions on your hair salon business
- Start a hair salon business in your home
- Start a mobile hair salon business
- Hair salon vs nail salon business
- Why choose a hair salon over other businesses
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.