Looking to write a new Film Makers blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Film Makers blog post topics to write about
- Film Makers blogging ideas
- Other Film Makers content ideas
- Real-world examples of Film Makers blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Film Makers blog ideas.
Film Makers Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Film Makers blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Film Making Courses
- Film Making Career
- Film Making Techniques
- Film Making Books
- Film Making budget
- Film Making Skills
- Film Making Apps
- Film Making Camera
- Film Making Equipment
- Film Making Internships
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Film Makers Blog Post Ideas
- How to become a film producer
- How to make a documentary film
- How to make a rotoscope animation for your film
- Steps on how to make a perfect black comedy
- How to make a movie like a pro
- How to choose the perfect cast for your story
- Step by step process of entering Hollywood when you're a newbie filmmaker
- How to get the perfect cinematic look
- How to make perfect close-up shots
- How to be a great assistant camera
- How to successfully direct a showdown
- How to choose the perfect music for your documentary film
- How to edit your 1st film video like a pro
- How to find the perfect niche for your short film
- How to build an audience for your films
- How to produce the scariest horror movie
- How to pick the perfect antagonist for every genre
- How not to overlook the production of a film
- How to come up with a great story
- How to come up with the best crew
- Guide on how to organize actors' footage
- How to budget your finances to finish your film
- How to set up an affordable yet high-quality scene location
- How to become an efficient and effective shooter for filmmaking
- How to effectively promote your film
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Film Makers Content Ideas
- 10 best action films of all time
- 35 most awarded female filmmakers in the USA
- 7 myths about the film industry
- 10 types of shots every filmmaker should know
- 10 facts about filmmaking
- List of film genres
- 12 tips for a great cinematography
- Top 20 filmmaking schools in New York
- 25 tips of veteran directors to aspiring filmmakers
- 12 most-watched Christmas films of all time
- 15 important editing tips from experts
- 50 best quotes about filmmaking every newbie can take an inspiration
- 20 inspiration source of every filmmaker
- 10 things every filmmaker do after the film festival
- 9 ways to fight post-production burnout
- 5 tips to achieve the right angle of your subjects
- 5 tips to fix your out of focus footage
- 8 tips on overcoming film failure
- 12 iconic Hollywood films
- 6 key factors for choosing a filmmaking coach
- 5 tips to improve your filming
- 4 tips on hiring a video production crew
- 8 ways to promote your film as a newbie
- 30 recommended shooting locations for an adventure film
- 10 tips to generate income as a filmmaker
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Film Makers Blog Post Topic Ideas
- The power of visual effects
- The history of filmmaking in the USA
- What is a cinematography
- Understanding rear and front projection in filmmaking
- What is an anamorphic lens
- How Covid-19 greatly affect the film industry
- One-on-one interview with a veteran filmmaker
- What is a computer-generated imagery
- The advancement of filmmaking equipment
- The future of women in the film industry
- Learning the most out of cinematography
- The future of film pre-visualization
- How music contributes to the success of your short film
- Lessons from SciFi Apocalypse Movie
- Contribution of arts in the film industry
- What is the film festival
- Overcoming struggles in filmmaking
- Our journey to short film making
- Eco-friendly film making
- The evolution of filmmaking cameras
- Breaking down the barriers of the film industry
- How is it like to make a film about this pandemic
- Film shooting: in-studio vs. on location
- Capturing the best scene by making the most of natural lightning
- Understanding color preference charts
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.