Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your dog walking business.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Dog Walking Business
- How to start a pet blog & turn it into a business
- How to keep your dog entertained indoors during lock-down
- How to choose a perfect name for your dog
- How to make your restaurant more dog-friendly
- How to adopt a stray dog
- How to keep your dog happy
- How to Find the Right Pet Trainer for You
- How to get your dog to stop barking
- How to Find a Pet Sitter for the Holidays
- How to Choose the Right Toys for Your Dog
- How to Find Pet Classes in Your Local Area
- How to DIY Your Own Dog Toys
- How to Find Out What’s Trending for Dogs
- How to Make a Pet-Friendly Thanksgiving Dinner
- How to Host a Pet-Friendly Community Event
- How to Make Smarter Choices for Your Pet’s Health
- How To Use Doggie Poop Bags
- How to entertain your dog
- How to train your dog or pet in specific tricks
- How to introduce a new puppy to your dog
- How to ride Uber with your dog
- How to make your dog a therapy dog
- How to give your dog a haircut
- How to make your dog feel comfortable in a new home
- How pet influencers make money on Instagram
- How to Get a Sick Dog to Eat
- How to teach two dogs to get along
- How to Prepare Your Dog to Be Left at Home Alone
- How to make your dog sleep at night
- How to train your dog to bring you something
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Dog Walking Business
- 10 Fun Games to Play With Your Dog
- 20 top Fun Dog-Walking Business Names
- 7 best dog food brands of 2021
- 10 Best Dog-Friendly Vacations in the United States
- 7 basic dog commands
- 12 tips for first time dog owners
- 6 things you can do to keep your dog healthy
- Top 10 dog safety tips
- List of common dog behaviors
- Best apps for dog lovers in 2021
- 10 Reasons Why You Need a Dog in Your Life
- 9 ways to make your dog famous on Instagram
- Tips for keeping your pet groomed
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Pet First Aid
- 10 ideas to celebrate International Dog Day
- Tips and Tricks for Getting Pets to Take Their Medicine
- 12 Things You Can Do to Quiet a Barking Dog
- List of top 20 dog breeds
- 10 most popular dog names
- 15 Reasons Why Shelter Dogs Are the Best
- Types of foods or nutrition needed for some pets
- 5 DIY Halloween Costumes for Dogs
- 7 Fun Ways to Celebrate the Holidays With Your Pets
- 7 Behaviors to Look out for in a New Puppy
- 5 Ways to Encourage Positive Behavior in Your Dog
- 7 Recipes to Help You Create Your Own Dog Food at Home
- 7 Pet Food Trends to Discuss With Your Vet Before You Try
- 5 Pet Trends That Aren’t Worth the Hype
- 7 Challenges That Helped Me Become a Better Pet Owner
- 15 of the Best Dog-Friendly Events in Your City
- 7 Tips for Your First Pet Show or Competition
- 5 Ways to Get Involved With Pet Owners in Your Community
- 27 dog tricks you can teach your pup
- 45 Fun Things to Do With Doggie to Make Him Happy
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Dog Walking Business
- The Ultimate Pet Parent’s Guide
- Science-Based Benefits of Having a Dog
- Nutritional Needs of your dog
- Understanding dog bite law
- Pet Health Insurance & Tips
- Ultimate dog collar guide
- Dog tail facts
- What dog tail wagging really means
- The importance of dog grooming
- Dog walking health benefits
- Why Dogs Howl at Sirens
- Why dogs need toys
- Why dogs are better than cats
- Dog people vs cat people
- Why you should get a pet for your kids
- Adopting Rescued or Shelter Dogs
- Why more companies are going dog friendly
- Questions and Answers about Pet-Friendly Workplaces
- Brain games for your dog
- Dog clothing trends of 2021
- Tiktok challenges to try with your dog
- Understanding and Treating Allergies in Dogs
- Choosing the Perfect Bed for Your Dog
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.