Looking to write a new baking blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Baking blog post topics to write about
- Baking blogging ideas
- Other baking content ideas
- Real-world examples of baking blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right baking blog ideas.
Baking Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular baking blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Baking profession
- Baking recipes
- Cake and pastries design ideas
- Baking industry
- Baking myths and facts
- History of baking
- Baking tools
- Baking cookbooks
- Different baking techniques
- Baking as a hobby
- Sweet and savory baking
- Famous bakers around the world
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Baking Blog Post Ideas
- How to design a cake
- How to prevent accidents while baking
- How to bake cookies
- The ultimate guide in making a cake
- How to pack your cakes safely for delivery
- How to keep your baked goods fresh
- How to vegan-friendly pastries
- How to bake organic cookies
- How to find a baking inspiration
- How to bake in 5 easy steps
- How to use a baking oven
- How to properly ice a cake
- How to buy cheap baking supplies
- How to start your own baking blog
- How to bake with limited tools
- How to open your own bakeshop
- How to find the best baking supplies
- How to get regular customers for your bakery
- How to design your bakery to look attractive
- How to run a bakery business from home
- How to hire good bakers for your bakeshop
- How to process the papers of your bakeshop
- How to make edible cake decorations
- How to measure baking ingredients correctly
- How to organize your baking equipment
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Baking Content Ideas
- List of the best bakers in the world
- Top ways to attract customers for your new bakery
- List of pastries that you can sell on your bakery
- Different cake designs that you can do at home
- The best practices in baking
- Different types of cakes
- Top baking tools to have
- Different ways to bake a cake
- Various designs that you can do to your cupcake
- Things you should not do while baking
- Things to remember when baking
- Facts about baking that you should not miss
- Different alternatives to a baking oven
- Best baking books to read
- 100 unique baking recipes for you
- Cheap cupcake recipes that you can do at home
- Different ways to sell your pastries
- Baking tips that you haven't heard before
- Baking practices that you should have on your bakery
- Tips in finding the best bakers for your bakery
- Different ways in dealing with low sales on your bakery
- Tips in making more sales on your bakery
- Different pests to look out for when baking
- Best locations to put up your bakery
- Different benefits of being a baker
- Best countries to work for as a baker
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Baking Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Myths about baking debunked
- Baking oven vs oven toaster
- Can I use an oven toaster in baking cakes
- Why you should not use bare hands when baking
- How long should my ingredients last without catching molds
- Baking oven vs oven toaster
- Why baking is a profitable business
- Is it possible to make diabetic-friendly cakes
- Why you should start baking today
- Is it difficult to write your own baking recipe book
- Is it dangerous to work as a baker
- How can you increase your enthusiasm for baking
- Why choosing a location is crucial for opening your bakery
- Is it difficult to bake a wedding cake
- Should you work locally or go abroad as a baker
- How long should it take to make a 5-layered cake
- What is a lactose-free cake
- Homemade cakes vs cakes bought in store
- How should you price your pastries
- Is it hard to clean a residue after baking
- Organic cakes vs regular cakes
- Are icings bad for the health
- Why baking is a good past time
- Choosing the best pastry to bake as a beginner
- How long should it take to master baking
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.