Looking to write a new self-care blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Self-care blog post topics to write about
- Self-care blogging ideas
- Other self-care content ideas
- Real-world examples of self-care blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right self-care blog ideas.
Self-Care Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular self-care blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Self-care tips
- Overall wellbeing fundamentals
- Healthy eating habits
- Self-care books
- Physical activities to stay fit
- Daily practices to improve mental health
- Daily skin & hair care routine
- Alternative ways of healing
- Body toning and getting fit
- Things to do to relieve stress
- Do's and don'ts on being healthy
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Self-Care Blog Post Ideas
- How to have a perfect skin
- How to avoid acne
- How to nourish your hair naturally
- How to avoid bad breath
- How to get rid of eye bags
- How to have kissable lips
- How to avoid scaling on the skin
- How to have a glowing skin
- How to prevent wrinkles
- How to have a blemish-free face
- How to remove whiteheads naturally
- How to find the best products for your facial skin
- How to avoid dark spots
- How to prevent your skin from getting sun damage
- How to make a natural facial mask at home
- How to have a perfect tan
- How to achieve a fair skin
- How to whiten your teeth in 7 days
- How to avoid rough skin
- How to smell nice throughout the day
- How to have a perfect smile
- How to avoid getting stressed
- How to treat frizzy hair naturally
- How to remove split ends for good
- How to treat warts at home
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Self-Care Content Ideas
- List of the best skincare blogs to follow
- Top beauty vloggers to follow
- Best skincare products for your body
- Best facial products for a better skin
- Top morning routines for improving your looks
- Tips to avoid aging fast
- Best products to protect yourself from the sun's rays
- Common skin problems for all ages
- Different exercises to maintain a fit body
- Best products to maintain good-looking nails
- Best books to read for skin improvement
- Different cosmetic ingredients to avoid
- List of the best supplements for your overall wellbeing
- List of the alternative medicines for good health
- Ways to avoid muscle pain
- Different self-care routines whenever you are sick
- Ways to avoid constipation
- Different plants that you can use to cure illnesses
- List of the best shampoos for a silky hair
- Best foods to improve eyesight
- Best routines to have a sound mind
- Amazing ways to restore your health
- Tips in natural pain management
- Best foods to eat to have a toned body
- Different ways to avoid acne
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Self-Care Blog Post Topic Ideas
- What SPF is the best for everyday use
- Why paraben is harmful to your health
- Why you should stop sleeping very late at night
- Skincare FAQs
- Why pricking pimples is not a good idea
- Why you should stop eating fried foods
- The vegan vs carnivore diet
- How do you know if a self-care routine is working
- Why self-care routine is not always better
- Why using too many skin products is not a good idea
- Natural intervention vs medical
- Herbal medicines vs prescription drugs
- Challenges in self-care routines
- Why it is great to avail spa services
- Why do you need to switch to a vegan diet right now
- What are the ill effects of sleep deprivation on our body
- Why you should stop smoking right now
- How much alcohol does it take to dry your skin
- Why you should start exercising every day
- Why it is better if you have your own gym at home
- The minimalist self-care method
- How many times should you take a bath in a day
- Why does having a new hobby can release stress
- A guide in avoiding stress
- Why allergies can have a negative long-term effect on your skin
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.