What Is An Online Comic?
Creating comics and publishing to social media can go viral, making your brand famous overnight. Unfortunately, business owners brush off the idea of online comics in marketing, considering it ineffective and odd.
This post unveils what you need to know about online comics, and how to integrate online comics into your overall marketing strategy.
- Comics can give you a marketing edge over your competition
- Comics create imagery for your brand - an integral part of digital marketing
- Create a compelling comic narrative to pique the customer's interest in your marketing campaigns
How Online Comics Work In The World Of Advertising
Online comics use short visuals and humorous imagery to create an engaging marketing campaign. The approach involves taking a pain point related to your target audience and creating a humorous strip that acts as a catalyst for your marketing campaigns.
Therefore, an online comic is an effective way to draw the audience's attention and attract them into taking action. By introducing comics to your social media marketing, you break the conventional barrier of relying only on boring social media ads.
Why Use Online Comics In Marketing
Online comics provide a wide range of benefits supporting your marketing efforts.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Comics improve the audiences memory of your brand
- Generate positive feelings of your brand in your audience
- Breakdown the barriers to challenge topics
- Comics are catch and encourage content sharing
- Comics increase engagement in your social media and make the audience act faster
- Marketers use comics to drive emotions
Although comics may not be your usual-go-to marketing tool, it has unparalleled potential when it comes to storytelling and connecting customers to your brand. Every business can create a powerful message and a compelling back-story through comics.
When using comics, create a compelling message that does not sound like a dull sales pitch.
Real-World Examples Of Brands That Used Online Comics
Here are some great examples of online comics::
1. How KFC Uses Online Comic In Advertisement
Kentucky Fried Chicken is a great example of how to generate online comics for marketing campaigns.
In the example below, KFC collaborated with DC entertainment to create the “Kentucky Fried Chicken presents: The Colonel of Two Worlds”.
In the comic, colonel sanders, representing KFC confronts an evil version of himself. The comic was available for download from the website
2. Intel Uses Online Comics To Drive Content Engagement
Intel is another brand that recognizes the effectiveness of online comics in marketing.
In this Intel comic strip, they used a friendly robot to illustrate what life would be when artificial intelligence enables humans to have robots at home.
The comic strip suggests that humans would become smarter and develop more life-like behaviors. The comic strip is used to generate readers' interest and encourage them to read the tagged web page.
Tips Getting Started With Online Comics
Here are important tips to get you started with online comics.
- Have a clear idea of what the comic intends to achieve
- Pick the right software for drawing webtoons (see suggestions below)
- Incorporate humor in your online comic
- Share comics everywhere you can and on a regular basis
- Use online comics to grow the online audience
Drawing online comics for your marketing campaign can be an overwhelming experience. The best way out would be using online software to draw online comics. alternatively, you can hire an experienced cartoonist to help you with comics for online marketing.
Best Online Tools For Online Comics
- Clip Studio Paint: A versatile software that supports a wide range of specialties, including illustration, comics, and animation.
- Photoshop: A raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Inc. for Windows and macOS.
- CorelDraw: A multi-functional graphics software suitable for creative works.
- Krita: A professional FREE and open source painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone.
- Paint Tool SAI: A high quality and lightweight painting software, fully digitizer support, amazing anti-aliased paintings, provide easy and stable operation, this software make digital art more enjoyable and comfortable
A versatile digital painting program that is ideal for rendering and inking with its many useful and unique features.
A raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Inc. for Windows and macOS.
Businesses using Photoshop:
A multi-functional graphics software suitable for creative works
Businesses using Corel Draw:
A professional FREE and open source painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone.
- 4,818 founder case studies
- Access to our founder directory
- Live events, courses and recordings
- 8,628 business ideas
- $1M in software savings