If you're looking to up your Instagram game, it's imperative that you have a great Instagram bio.
Your Instagram bio is the first thing your followers will see - it should be unique and tell users exactly what you do and who you are.
We understand how difficult it can be to craft a compelling Instagram bio, which is why we curated a list of the best nurse blogger Instagram bios.
Additionally, we provide you with examples of the best nurse blogger bios on Instagram and a step-by-step guide to get you started.
Creative Instagram Bios For Nurses
- The simple act of caring is heroic. – Edward Albert
- “I love being a nurse, but I mostly love wearing scrubs. They’re basically professional pajamas.”
- Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their greatest strength and fatal flaw. – Jean Watson
- "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do." —Steve Jobs
- “Be nice to the nurses, we keep the doctor from accidentally killing you.”
- “The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm.”--Florence Nightingale
- “Forgive yourself, you are not perfect. Show yourself grace; you are still learning. Show yourself patience; you are on a journey.”--unknown
- "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale
- Our job as nurses is to cushion the sorrow and celebrate the joy, every day, while we are ‘just doing our jobs.’ – Christine Belle
- When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.
- "It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing." —Mother Teresa
- “Hand sanitizer has started to become your best friend.”
- "When I think about all the patients and their loved ones I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don't remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing." —Donna Wilk Cardillo
- “The 3 words most people want to hear: ‘I love you.’ The 3 words nurses want to hear: ‘Alert, Oriented, and Ambulatory.”--unknown
- "Hardships often prepare people for an extraordinary destiny." —C.S. Lewis
- “I am of certain convinced that the greatest heroes are those who do their duty in the daily grind of domestic affairs whilst the world whirls as a maddening dreidel.”--Florence Nightingale
- “No, RN does not stand for ‘Refreshments and Narcotics'”
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. – William James
- “It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly.” — Stephen Ambrose, Author
- “When I heard 2020 was going to be the year of the nurse, this is not what I expected…”--unknown
- “Nursing school is a lot like giving birth… once it’s over, you just tend to forget just how painful the process really was.”
- “Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation as any painter's or sculptor's work.”--Florence Nightingale
- “As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the mind, soul, heart, and body of our patients, their families, and ourselves. They may forget your name, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “The nurse is temporarily the consciousness of the unconscious, the love of life of the suicidal, the leg of the amputee, the eyes of the newly blind, a means of locomotion for the newborn, knowledge and confidence for the young mother, a voice for those too weak to speak, and so on.”--Virginia Henderson, RN
- “3 AM: the time when you remember you forgot to chart that thing, bring that lady her water, or pass that med.”--unknown
Cute Instagram Bios For Nurses
- The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses. – Carolyn Jarvis
- “A nurse is not what you do. It is what you are… I am a nurse. It’s not what I do, it’s what I AM.”
- "The character of the nurse is as important as the knowledge she possesses." —Carolyn Jarvis
- “Save one person, you’re a hero. Save hundreds, you’re a nurse.”--unknown
- "To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded." —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." —William Shakespeare
- Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people’s faces. Nursing is sacrificing. – Dana Basem
- Nurses: one of the few blessings of being ill. – Sara Moss-Wolfe
- “I am among those who think that science has great beauty.”--Marie Curie
- If a nurse declines to do these kinds of things for her patient, “because it is not her business,” I should say that nursing was not her calling. I have seen surgical “sisters,” women whose hands were worth to them two or three guineas a week, down upon their knees scouring a room or hut because they thought it otherwise not fit for their patients to go into. I am far from wishing nurses to scour. It is a waste of power. But I do say that these women had the true nurse-calling—the good of their sick first, and second only the consideration what it was their “place” to do—and that women who wait for the housemaid to do this, or for the charwoman to do that when their patients are suffering, have not the making of a nurse in them.”--Florence Nightingale
- “Nursing is not for the empty of heart...nor the faint of heart. ” –unknown
- "Nursing friendships are a different kind of love; like, 'I'll hold the butt cheeks while you clean the butt crack' kind of love!”--unknown
- “I came. I cared. I charted.”
- Value what you do and add value by what you do.
- Where the needs of the world and your talents cross, there lies your vocation. – Aristotle
- Every nurse is an angel with a key to a healthy community! All in caring for patients is part of the nursing soul! – Alexsandar Radunovic
- “BE KIND for everyone you meet is fighting a BATTLE”. -Plato
- “Nursing is not a career… it’s a post-apocalyptic survival skill”
- “TGIF? Sorry not familiar with that term… I’m a nurse.”
- “Nursing is a progressive art such that to stand still is to go backward.”--Florence Nightingale
- "Not all angels have wings...some have scrubs."
- “You think Mondays are bad? Try working weekends, holidays, and 12 hour nights”
- “It’s the new nurses who aren’t scared that worries me”--every nursing instructor ever (and they’re right!)
- "When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words."
- "Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone."
Cool Instagram Bios For Nurses
- Our fingerprints don’t fade from the lives we touch. – Judy Blume
- Be the nurse you would want as a patient.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on Earth to do with such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling. – Vincent Van Gogh
- “While that’s correct… it’s not the most correct. This is nursing school.”
- One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value. – Jim Rohn
- “Where the needs of the world and your talents cross, there lies your vocation.” – Aristotle
- “Let us never consider ourselves finished nurses....we must be learning all of our lives.”-- Florence Nightingale
- “Don’t let anyone treat you like an expired 24 butterfly gauge. You are a #16 in the left forearm with excellent venous return!”--unknown
- I think a hero is any person really intent on making this a better place for all people. – Maya Angelou
- “Being a nurse is weird: I can keep a poker face through trauma, but have a mental breakdown over losing my favorite pen.”--unknown
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – St. Francis of Assisi
- "May your scrubs be comfy, your coffee be strong, and your Monday be short."
- Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy… nurses are rarely short on caring. – Sharon Hudacek
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
- Nursing is not for the faint of heart nor the empty of heart.
- "Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts." —Charles Dickens
- "Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
- "Don't mess with me — I get paid to poke people with sharp objects."--unknown
- “Laughter is not the best medicine… Propofol is!”
- “Yes, I am a nurse. No, I don’t want to look at it.”
- Not all angels have wings … some have scrubs.
- “Be nice to me. I dispense the happy pills.”
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. – Mother Teresa
- "Every day may not be wonderful, but there is something wonderful in every day."
Unique Instagram Bios For Nurses
- “Showering won’t be enough after today. I’ll need to be autoclave.”
- "Sometimes I inspire my patients; more often they inspire me." —Unknown
- “A caress, a smile, is full of meaning for one who is sick. It is a simple gesture, but encouraging, he or she feels accompanied, feels closer to being healed, feels like a person, not a number.”-- Pope Francis
- “If I’m just a nurse maybe I should leave so you can see how your visit goes without me.”
- "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." —Mahatma Gandhi
- “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.”--John Maxwell
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” --Leo Buscaglia
- “Don’t mess with me – I get paid to poke people with sharp objects”
- “Value what you do and add value by what you do.”--unknown
- “Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon.” — Dag Hammarskjöld, Swedish Diplomat and Economist
- "Care for one...that's love. Care for hundreds...that's nursing."
- "I attribute my success to this; I never gave nor took any excuse." —Florence Nightingale
- “How many nurses does it take to screw a light bulb? None – it’s delegated to the nursing students.”
- The world is put back by the death of everyone who has to sacrifice the development of his or her peculiar gifts to conventionality. – Florence Nightingale
- “Nursing would be a dream job if there were no doctors, nurses in charge… or patients.”
- “Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty.”--Florence Nightingale
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “The most important practical lesson that can be given to nurses is to teach them what to observe.”--Florence Nightingale
- "Be the nurse you would want as a patient."
- “Nurses are always there, you care for us from the earliest years. You look after us in our happiest and saddest times. And for many, you look after us and our families at the end of our lives. Your dedication and professionalism are awe-inspiring.”--Duchess Kate Middleton
- “To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through…that is what it is to be a nurse.” – Rawsi Williams, RN
- Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible. – Tia Walker
- Whether a person is male or female, a nurse is a nurse. – Gary Veale
- “You can’t cure stupid, but you can sedate it.”
- I feel the capacity to care is the thing that gives life its deepest significance. – Pablo Casals
Funny Instagram Bios For Nurses
- “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for fewer challenges, wish for more wisdom.” -Earl Shoaf
- “Confidence is not ‘they will like me,’ confidence is “I’ll be fine if they don’t.” Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” – T. Harv Eker
- “Nurse: the first person you see after saying, ‘Hold my beer and watch this!’”--unknown
- “I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” — Art Williams
- “Nurses are the heart of healthcare.” – Donna Wilk Cardillo
- “It’s okay to learn from every experience, and it’s okay to make mistakes.”– Louise Hay
- Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your presence felt. – Grace Lichtenstein
- “When you’re a nurse you know that every day you will touch a life or a life will touch yours.” – Unknown
- “How many nurses does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None! They delegate it to the nursing student.”--unknown
- Nurse: just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate anything and soft enough to understand anyone.
- What you do makes a difference. And you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. – Jane Goodall
- “I’m a nurse, what’s your superpower?”
- “Nursing school. One syllabus at a time. One class at a time. One exam at a time. One clinical at a time. Keep going…”--unknown
- “You know you’re a nurse when your finger has gone places you never thought possible.”--unknown
- "Nurses are there when the last breath is taken, and nurses are there when the first breath is taken. Although it is more enjoyable to celebrate the birth, it is just as important to comfort in death." —Christine Bell
- "The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists." —Japanese proverb
- "When you feel like quitting, remember why you started."
- "Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help." —Christina Feist-Heilmeier, RN
- “If you wait to do everything until you’re sure it’s right, you’ll probably never do much of anything.” – Win Borden
- "Nurses dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription."
- To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived; that is to have succeeded. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words.”--unknown
- "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring; all of which have the potential to turn a life around." —Leo Buscaglia
- “I attribute my success to this:—I never gave or took any excuse.”--Florence Nightingale
4-Step Guide: How To Create The Perfect Instagram Bio For Your Business
Instagram gives you 150 characters to tell your followers what your business is about.
This is where you are given the opportunity to summarize your company, engage your audience, and leave a great first impression.
We will break down the qualities and aspects of Later's Instagram bio, as a template for you to use.
Step 1: Highlight Exactly What You Do
Your Instagram bio should be a place where you tell your readers exactly who you are.
This should be brief, clear, and to the point. Explain what makes you unique and what you can do for your audience.
In the Later example, they do this in two different ways:
- In their profile name, they showcase their company name with a clear description of what they do
- They provide even more explanation and boost their brand up, saying they are the #1 marketing platform for Instagram
Step 2: Pitch Your Service [And Use Relevant Keywords]
While it's important to explain what type of company you are, it's also critical to pitch your product or service.
When creating a website, this is often the first thing people see on your site to really understand what you are offering and what makes you stand out from the rest.
Later does this using one line on their bio, and 8 relevant keywords:
Step 3: Provide A Clear Call To Action
Your call to action should be something you are encouraging your audience to do.
This could be in the form of a recent promotion you are offering, a link to a specific article you want eyes on, or just a way for users to get directed to your website.
In any case, you should always provide the user with easy access to whatever it is you'd like them to do. You can do this by providing a direct, embedded link on your bio.
For the Later example, they encourage users to check out their blog where they showcase tips and guides. This is a common strategy that brands use to get more traffic to their blog, and eventually, turn leads into customers.
Step 4: Use Emojis
Lastly, emojis are a great way to break up any text-heavy sections in your Instagram bio.
Be sure to use emojis that are relevant to your brand or to highlight the items you are discussing in your bio.
Later adds emojis to draw the readers eyes to certain aspects of their bio, such as what they do and their call to action:
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.