An Instagram bio is a 150-character description appearing under your username on your Instagram profile page.
Ideally, your Instagram bio offers you a chance to tell your audience who you are, and what you do.
When creating an Instagram bio, you should aim to convey your brand personality, so that your audience will make an instant connection with you and your brand.
Are you ready to learn what it takes to create a killer Instagram bio?
In this post, you can use our free Instagram bio generator and we will detail some key tips to help you create a great Instagram bio.
Free Instagram Bio Generator
Want to come up with your own unique Instagram bio?
You can generate thousands of bio ideas for free using our Instagram bio generator.
To customize the font for your Instagram bio, check out this free tool.
Instagram Bio Ideas For Your Account
Here's a list of Instagram bio ideas you can copy and paste:
Cool Instagram Bios
- Entrepreneurs aren't born, they're made. Stop feeling small and start thinking big.
- The path to success is never straight. Keep pushing. Keep growing. Keep learning.
- Follow my journey to the top🗽😉
- Live. Work. Create. Grow. (#liveworkcreategrow)
- Interested in using our services? Click here to learn more.
- The hustle never stops, but neither should your coffee break.
- I am all about hustle and we can't wait to see yours.
- Get your hustle on
- Only you can hustle and grind like you. But we can help you feel energized, mentally focused, and ready
- We've been on our hustle since 2009
- Don’t mess with me today, I’m hustling.
- We all have different hustles, but we’re all inspired by the hustlers who never give up. Cheers to the hustlers of IG.
- If you’re looking for your 10X hustle, we’ve got it.
- Let’s hustle. You don’t want to be the last person on the beach.
- For the hustlers, dreamers & doers. Let’s go.
- Get up, get out, and #ExploreNow.
- Live to hustle, and hustle to live, my friends.
- Keep going, keep on hustling.
- The hustle is real—you can’t just sit around waiting for things to happen.
- Business is picking up, and we couldn’t be happier 👍
- Our experience show us that small business is the backbone of economic growth.
- Here's to a year of growth, new projects and the fulfillment of your dreams🍾
- Not a business owner yet? This is the best time to start your company.
- When you live for your business, it will love you back. Trust us.
- We’re here for you.
- Our team is always excited to be at your service!
- The team that hustles together, wins together.
- I wonder how much we’ll sell today? We’ll do our best 💪
- Always keep in growing 🙏✌️
- With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s easy to forget what really matters…the people.
- Success comes from good service and repeat customers, not fierce competition.
- That time of the week for a business lunch break.
- Small business, big ideas. 👍
- Work hard. Be patient. Give back. It’s the American dream 🗽
- The best part of having your own business is taking risks.
- Don't just work for your job. Work on your job and you'll find true fulfillment.
- Like Minded People + Like Minded Problems = Awesome Communities.
- If you're considering starting your own company, we want you should know that you can do it.
- Everyone should quit their job and start a business at least once in their life.
- If you're a small business owner and looking for customized services, click here! We are #smallbizfriendly.
- You’ll have plenty of time to change the world later. Right now, go out there and make a living.🍗
- Looking for a new venture, or even just a different job? Look no further. We can help.
- Don’t wait, get that idea out of your head and into the real world where your passion can make an impact.
- Taking your business to the next level.
Aesthetic Instagram Bios
- What’s your hustle? Let the world know with a quote on our tees and tanks, and show that #youcanquotesomething!
- Keep up the hustle, you got this
- Success is not overnight, it’s a learning curve. Keep trying and you will get there one day. 😃
- It takes a lot of guts to go out on your own. Be brave, and push through.
- You don't have to be a failure.
- Ready, set, go. It’s time to take your business to the next level. #TheOrdinary
- People say I have a crazy idea. So what! I'm good with crazy ideas. I'm gonna make them work.
- Go big or go home.
- We're all entrepreneurs these days. If you've got an idea, its time to just do it.
- Start something great today with our business apps, soon you will be working from your favorite place.
- You’re never too early to start your next big adventure! ☀
- It’s never to late to jump on yet another bandwagon.
- I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- The best way to be successful is to surround yourself with people who will be inspiring, challenging, and motivational.
- Making a difference—together.
- We who grew up together now run our own show, with no rules but mutual respect.
- Some days, you just have to wear a #buzzbeater in the office.
- Work hard and the stars will shine on you
- If you're not following your dreams, what are they worth?
- What’s your next move?
- When the task at hand is your dream come true, it's easy to be ambitious.
- I'm an entrepreneur. If I don't work I don't eat, so I motivate myself to work harder every day by reminding myself every step of the way that this was my idea.
- Hey, you! You’re not afraid of hard work, are you?
- How cool would it be to work from home, even when you’re not at home?
- Wake up early, work hard, and make your own opportunities. Focus on your work, not just getting rich. Be productive, nothing less.
Make your own luck 👑
Instagram Bios For Your Business
Let’s become entrepreneurs together!
I'm an entrepreneur. I utilize what is at my disposal to build.
We're not an agency. We're a team of people telling stories worth telling.
Ready. Set. Identify your niche.
Hey, hustler ! You're the suit and tie to my dress 👔 Give me one good reason why we can't enjoy this work life 🧠🤔
We don’t just want to be your business partner, we want to become good friends.
Just doing what comes next. 👌🏼
Turn your passion into profession by launching your own business via this link!
We’re out to make good ideas happen. All of them. Everywhere. Every day.
Boom—we’ve got your next great idea.
Wishing you a leap day full of fresh ideas—and every day brimming with new opportunities to make them happen. 💥
Let’s do this. 💪
Awaken your future 👀 #IWantToBeAnEntrepreneur
Grab your cape 🧡, it’s time for you to do the things you really want to do.
Love what you do, work hard, inspire and motivate others around you because that's how success is made.
We want to help you achieve your goals. What do you dream of accomplishing?
You are the captain of your trade.
Hey you 👋, it’s going to be a wild ride #2022
Remember to dash through, not dash away.
Are you ready to make the right connections? Entrepreneurs come in all sizes, shapes and ages. You are never too young or old to become one.
Goal: Don’t start a business just for money. Start it for your love of the craft.
Whatever you're doing right now, give yourself a little credit. Not necessarily for WHAT you're doing, but definitely for EXISTING while also doing it. 🤙🏼 #girlboss
You really have to work hard, but the rewards are so much greater when you do.
The secret to success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
It's not hard to look your best. Make things easy on yourself!
If you can see it, you can achieve it.
We don't believe in magic—we believe in hustle. Take the first step to starting your own business.
Be inspired by these amazing entrepreneurs and create your own dynamic brand
No matter how small or big you're starting out, you can always turn your dreams into reality #startup #entrepreneur
Business is good, but not always easy. And that's what makes it worth it.
Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.
Hey, buddy. Do you want to get organized? I can help you with that!
Take the road less traveled
We’re feeding the entrepreneurial spirit.
Seize the day and CONQUER the world, little entrepreneurs.
How we feel when we finally quit our jobs and go on to pursue our dreams. ✔💯
Never stop learning, never stop improving and growing your business through every step of the journey.
Your beginning will be humble, but your ending might be something to brag about. Here’s my story.
We all have a dream. Let's work together to make our dreams come true. 💪🏻
Join the movement—start your own business. 🙌
Starting your business will take guts and a willingness to get messy. And, it’ll be so worth it.
Jump on over to our brand new #churnapp to learn about the overall process of building and then scaling your own business.
When you're an entrepreneur, you don't need to get a new tie; you just need a new goal. :)Here are some things that help me stay motivated.
You just have to have a dream before you can make it a reality. Or not...we’re happy to help you make your business dreams a reality.
Go ahead, dream big. How do you want to grow, and how will you get there? 📈
Through hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The first step is always the hardest. Now’s a good time to take that first step.
We work side by side with some of the most driven entrepreneurs in the U.S. We're interested in what's next, and so are you.
The best thing about starting your own business is that it really is different every time—from where you work to who you work with to what kind of work you do.
It’s never been a better time to be an entrepreneur. #BalanceforBetter
The entrepreneurial journey is a wild ride, but it’s one we must take together. 📍#tribe
Sharing not only what you're good at, but who you are.
Introducing a new way to work—beyond the bureau.
Hard work always pays off. And with the right tools, it’s even easier to make something happen.
Come and make your dreams come true - the future is in your hands.
What can we be when we grow up? Hmm... Maybe #entrepreneurs ?
Treating yourself and your inbox to a little self-love.
All you need is a good idea and a great team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals. Together, we can make your vision a reality.
You can have a great life and a great business. It just takes a lot of hard work and great ideas.
Do whatever. Just make it happen
When all you need is a little nudge.
Feeling entrepreneurial? Come join us.
There’s something about owning your own business that keeps you going, even on the hardest days. 👨🏻💼 🚀
Building a better business, one cup of coffee at a time.
We make things the way we like them—simple, honest, and awesome.
You are never too old, too wacky, too wild to do something amazing.
The best days are the days you start something new.
Stay driven, stay humble and grateful for where you are today and for who is with you...
You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. – A.A. Milne
Don't let a little rain slow you down, #Startup.
We do not live to eat, we eat to live! #entrepreneurlife
Roll with it.
If you are committed to something, put all of yourself into it. Like what you do so much that you’d do it for free if you had to.
You’ll be ready to start out and build your small business when you have the right tools and resources. We’re here to help.
You're going to be working for yourself.
What’s the secret to success? Find a job you love and you will never work again.
This is for all the dreamers who are changing their world.
We're in this together, this is for all of us, i'm here for you too, we got business to do, lets get things done.
How can you find your true calling? Listen to yourself. But don't just listen to yourself—hear yourself. Hear yourself speak, laugh, and cry.
Let’s give entrepreneurial life a chance.
Funny Instagram Bios
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth. #grinandbearsit
- Getting older is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get.
- Don't let life get you down—instead, be a glass half full kind of girl.
- I woke up like this. 😎
- I'm not a business man, I'm a business, man.
- Coffee - the whole day through.
- Who said Mondays were supposed to be easy?
- This is my attempt at doing a #throwbackthursday post, because I never even did one in the first place. Oh well.
- A toast to all the mistakes we make. We learn from them. We grow because of them. So let's celebrate how far we've come by toasting to all our screw-ups, no? Cheers! 🥂
- We're taking on life one ridiculous thing at a time.
- The grass is always greener...on the other side. And in the big city, where we all have places to be!
- Is life attempting to bring me down? Great, I'll just use it as fuel. ⚡️💨
- When you're an entrepreneur and on vacation...you travel light, but your schedule is still heavy.
- My business plan: get rich.
- You don't have to be crazy to start your own business, but it helps. So get started on your next project!
- My therapist says I'm codependent on the validation of strangers on social media.
- This dude is doing big things with his life.
- Get your billions in before you die.
- That moment when you realize you're bigger than your problems!
- You're only as great as the coffee you drink.
How To Create A Great Instagram Bio: 7 Steps
1. Add A Searchable Keyword On Your Instagram Name Field and Username
The first step to optimizing your Instagram bio is to add a searchable keyword on the name field and the username.
Ideally, whenever users type a keyword or a name on the Instagram search field, the app populates results based on your username to determine the most relevant search results.
Search results are matched by text. Using an Instagram username or profile name that’s related to the content of your posts is your best bet for showing up in relevant searches.
For example, if you are an artist, you may want to include your job title along with your full name on the username or the name field. That way, people searching for you or your services on Instagram can find your account easily.
Notice how Asiko, a professional artist, uses the name field to include his occupation for clarity.
That way, when you search for an artist or use their name, you can find their account easily.
If you want to change your Instagram username or name, follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Go to your profile on Instagram
Step 2: Tap or click edit profile
Step 3: Enter the right name and username
Step 4: Hit the submit button or click save, depending on the device you are using.
2. Highlight Your Skills & Target Audience
When Instagram users search you and find your profile, the next thing they will do is check out your bio to make sure they are viewing the right account.
Therefore, a good Instagram bio communicates what your business does and even mentions your target audience.
Having a 150 character count limit for your bio can feel a little tight, so this is your chance to explain to your audience why and how they should get in touch or shop from your brand.
Here are key tips to help you highlight your skills and explain to them what you do.
- Try to keep your expression simple
- Use a single thread or theme to link your expressions together
- Choose readily understandable terms / avoid jargon and acronyms
- Focus on benefits, not features
For example, Ericka, who Is a social media marketer and an Instagram expert, includes a clear description of what her business entails at the beginning of her bio.
She mentions: “I coach brands on how to use IG to attract, connect + convert their followers”.
Right after reading this description, her audience gets a glimpse of the types of services offered and what her content is going to look like.
3. Include Relevant Keywords On Your Instagram Bio
While adding keywords on your username and name field makes you discoverable, the Instagram bio is also a great place to add keywords you want to rank for.
Typically, using keywords on your Instagram may not directly help you become more discoverable on the app, but will give your account more focus and connect you with like-minded followers.
When describing your business on the Instagram bio section, include secondary and primary keywords:
Primary keywords are the main words describing your business. For example, for a landscaping expert, “gardener” might be the primary keyword.
Secondary keywords are those that add a bit more detail to the primary keywords and are more related to the searcher's intent. In our example, secondary keyword can be “gardener near me.”
Adding primary and secondary keywords to your Instagram bio enables your audience to feel more connected to your brand.
Here are a few tips to guide you when choosing relevant keywords:
- Refer to Google Autocomplete: when you type an inquiry into the Google search bar, Google autocompletes the inquiry based on the most popular phrases people used in that context.
- Look for Synonyms and Semantics: try looking for other ways of describing the keywords you have entered.
- Google Keyword Planner: The free keyword research tool tells you the average search volume and how competitive the keyword is.
- Use paid keyword research tools: SEMrush, Moz, and Ahrefs are examples of paid keyword research tools to give you insights into your Instagram bio keywords.
4. Add a Link to Your Instagram Profile
The simplest approach of adding a link to your Instagram is displaying it in your profile.
Unlike links placed on Instagram comments and posts, a link on your Instagram bio will be hyperlinked. That means whenever Instagram users tap on the link, they will go straight to your website.
When you create an Instagram post, include a call to action that tells visitors to check out your profile for the relevant link to your e-commerce store or website.
Alternatively, you can use a service like Linkin. bio, which turns your whole Instagram feed into a clickable landing page and drives traffic to your website.
When you add links to any Instagram posts your Instagram audience will be directed to the right content or products on your website.
That way, she can drive traffic to her podcast effectively.
5. Add Your Contact Information
Adding contact information on your Instagram bio means Instagram users can contact you directly. It is an excellent means of developing your brand and Instagram business opportunities.
You can add your phone number, email address, or address to the physical location. This way, anyone who wants to know more about your brand can get in touch with you conveniently.
For example, Décor Finity, supplier of household items includes a phone number of their Instagram bio information.
6. Get Creative With Your Instagram Bio
Your Instagram bio is a great space to convey who you are and what you do. You may also want to use that space to show off your personality and have fun.
Here are some ideas of how to use that space to have fun and show off your personality:
Add Emojis To your Bio Description
Instead of having any text-heavy sections in your bio, you can add some Emojis.
Here is a great example of how to use Emojis in your bio.
Add Branded Hashtags
You can use the branded hashtag to let your audience know about your hashtag by including it in your Instagram bio and highlighting it in your captions and Instagram stories.
Here are great examples of how to use branded hashtags on your Instagram bio.
Add Line Breaks to Your Bio
Text-heavy parts can clutter your Instagram bio.
Adding extra space to the Instagram bio makes the information more bite-sized and consumable.
Darryl Cheng gives us a great example of how to add line breaks to your Instagram bio.
7. Add a Relevant Profile Picture
The final step in the process of optimizing your Instagram bio is choosing a relevant profile picture.
The obvious choice for this would be your brand logo as appears on your website, marketing materials, or other social media platforms.
Adding an identifiable picture makes it easy for your target audience to recognize you.
It also helps to raise brand awareness by making sure it is constantly visible within your niche on Instagram.
A great Instagram bio creates a great first impression and reflects what your brand offers in the first instance.
When creating the Instagram bio, explain who you are and what you offer your audience. You can do this easily by including keywords on the username and name field.
Include keywords on your bio description, and add a link to your website or blog, to drive Instagram users to your profile.
Do not forget to include your contact address, so that your users can get in touch easily.
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
It’s not just the slick UI — Mercury makes tedious banking tasks simpler, more intuitive, and even a little enjoyable.
Try it now and get $150 in cash [Exclusive deal for Starter Story readers]
Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
The Mercury Debit Cards are issued by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC, pursuant to licenses from MasterCard. The IO Card is issued by Patriot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard.