Looking to write a new nursing blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Nursing blog post topics to write about
- Nurses blogging ideas
- Other nursing content ideas
- Real-world examples of nurses blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right nurses blog ideas.
Nurses Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular nurses blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Nursing profession
- Nursing duty hacks
- Nursing schools
- Nurses' responsibilities
- Nursing tools and equipment
- Nursing traits
- Nursing education
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Nurses Blog Post Ideas
- How to nurse a patient
- How to become a registered nurse in the US
- How to use a sphygmomanometer
- How to monitor the blood pressure manually
- How to assist a doctor in an operation
- How to get a degree in nursing
- How to know if a patient is in a critical condition
- How to deal with angry patients
- How to get promoted as a nurse
- How to become the best nurse
- How to avoid medical malpractice
- How to pass the nursing board exams
- The ultimate guide in child nursing
- How to inject a medicine
- Beginner's guide to dextrose management
- How to comfort a dying patient
- How to comfort a patient in pain
- How to conquer your fear of blood
- How to nurse a newborn child
- How to nurse elders
- How to manage patients with life and death situation
- How to do first aids on patients
- How to avoid catching viral diseases while on duty
- How to assist the doctor in administering anesthesia
- How to prepare for 12-hour shifts
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Nurses Content Ideas
- Tips in becoming a full-pledged nurse
- Tips in overcoming stressed while assisting a stressful operation
- Best countries to work for as a nurse
- Countries with the highest-paying salaries for nurses
- Best books to learn as a nurse
- Ways to stabilize the sugar levels of your patient
- Ways to calm a patient who will undergo a major operation
- List of the specializations you can take as a nurse
- Best books to read when learning to nurse
- Ways to avoid being late on your duty
- List of the medical equipment that a nurse should familiarize
- Best nursing podcasts that you should visit
- Best nursing blogs to follow
- Different misconceptions about nursing
- The duties of nurses in medical missions
- Top reasons why nurses are modern-day heroes
- Ways to have more maternity leaves as a nurse
- Career options as a nurse
- Factors to consider in advancing your nursing degree
- What steps should you take in advancing your nursing career
- The benefits of changing your career to nursing
- Ways to deal with unpleasant co-workers
- Things that you can do to lessen stress on emergency rooms
- Ways in avoiding nurse bullying
- Different ways to revive a dying patient
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Nurses Blog Post Topic Ideas
- Nursing in the early times vs today
- What is flight nursing
- Why you should be a nurse today
- Career advice from veteran nurses
- Being a nurse and entrepreneurship at the same time
- Should you continue your studies to become a doctor
- Why nurses are the most trusted career
- Why becoming a registered nurse is essential
- Caregiver burden management
- Alternative work that you can get as a nurse
- Budget strategies for nurses
- Healthy workout routines for nurses
- The history of nursing
- Facts about nursing
- What do you need as a nurse to become a doctor
- Is clinical instructor a great career
- What traits should you have if you want to be a nurse
- Innovations in the field of nursing
- How you will handle stress as a nurse during a pandemic
- How much money will you need to study nursing
- Why nurses should be paid more among other professions
- Nurses vs medical technologies
- Nurses vs midwives
- Nurses vs caregivers
- The basics of home nursing
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.