Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your lifestyle blog.
Lifestyle Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular lifestyle blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Health & Wellness
- Parenting & Family Advice
- Food + Drinks
- Personal Growth
- Money & Finances
- Travel & Adventures
- Interior Design & Decorating
- Plants & Gardening
- Fashion & Beauty
Different Blog Post Types For Your Beauty Business
Here are some content type and topic ideas for your beauty business:
How-to-guide content for your lifestyle blog
How-to-guides are a great way to share your insight and knowledge across your audience.
If you are able to provide answers to a person's search, they will likely click on your article and stay on your site for a period of time.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and become a customer.
How-To-Guide Lifestyle Blog Post Example
The Confused Millenial ($10K revenue/mo) created a step-by-step DIY wall painting mural tutorial.
Not only does she provide the step-by-step guide in writing, but also provides users with a video tutorial:
How To Guide Lifestyle Blog Ideas
- How do you become consistent with your blog life? The truth about consistency in blogging life.
- How do you get inspired?
- How do you stay organized?
- How much hours you spend online to run your blog?
- How new parents can eat healthy on a budget/with minimal prep time
- How to avoid distractions
- Share how to create a kickass blog post
- Share morning routine
- Share productivity tips
- Share tips about self-improvement
- How to avoid online distractions and focus on work?
- How to be happy
- How to become a morning person
- How to boost creativity?
- How to buy a fixer upper home
- How to calm down after a long day
- How to choose a family friendly career + ideas
- How to cite an article – APA / Chicago / etc.
- How to declutter your workspace
- How to do email marketing
- How to draw
- How to eat healthy on a budget
- How to enhance creativity
- How to find inspiration for writing
- Money saving tips
- Monthly subscriptions you can’t live without
- Morning routine ideas
- Morning skin care routine- Money saving tips
- Monthly subscriptions you can’t live without
- Morning routine ideas
- Morning skin care routine
- How to get more done in less time
- How to get more work done – your best productivity tips
- How to get motivated to clean
- How to get motivated to work
- How to improve spiritual health
- How to leave your 9-5 job and start working for yourself?
- How to live your best mom life
- How to make friends in college/university
- How to make money from home?
- How to make time for family
- How to manage time? And why it’s important?
- How to pack a suitcase for one week/month
- How to prepare for an interview
- How to pursue your ambition in life?
- How to read labels
- How to save big time on groceries
- How to save money online shopping
- How to save money while shopping?
- How to set blogging goals for better success and productivity?
- How to set realistic goals
- How to spring clean your pantry
- How to start a bullet journal
- How to start a Youtube channel
- How to stay calm?
- How to stay fit
- How to stay healthy in college
- How to stop wasting time
- How to throw a birthday party at home?
- How to use Instagram
- How to work at home – with kids!
- How to work from home – with kids!
- How to write an amazing essay
- How you found your purpose in life
- How you handle a busy schedule?
- Creative DIY decor ideas
- Date ideas for busy parents
- Day to night makeup
- Day to night outfits
- Day vs night makeup routine
- Delicious recipes with less than 5 ingredients
- Difficult changes you’ve made in your life
- Discuss a daily routine to be productive
- Discuss your epic failure and what you’ve learned
- DIY ideas
- DIY spa day
- Gentle sleep training methods
- Gift guide for dads
- Gift guide for kids / toddlers / baby
- Gift guide for moms
- Health and fitness guide for busy entrepreneurs
- Evening facial care routine
- Ever bought an ebook? Share the main points
List-based content for your beauty blog
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with an easy-to-read blog post.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, this is a great way to get your point across and answer your searchers query.
Lists are a great way to build traffic for your blog posts, and they are often quick to write. It’s a win-win!
List Based Lifestyle Blog Post Example
Camille Styles, a lifestyle blogger shares 15 best products to reduce stress in a list based format.
In each item on the list, she provides a a link to the product, photo, price, and short description.
Read the full blog post here
List-Based Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- 10 healthy foods to eat daily
- What beauty products you’ve ditched this year
- What motivated you to create a blog? Share the reasons.
- What tools do you use to maintain social media profiles?
- What tricks you used to grow your lifestyle blog?
- What you wish for your children
- What’s your dream job/business?
- What’s your dream? Write about it.
- When it’s time to start a second blog
- Who admires you the most? And, why?
- Why do you need a blog planner?
- Why self-care is important?
- Why SEO is necessary for your blog?
- Why you decided to start a blog plus your progress
- Winter essentials
- Women entrepreneurship
- Work at home ideas for students
- Work from home outfits
- Workout routine
- Write a book review
- Write a post on women traveling
- Write a roundup post
- Write about lifehacks
- Write about the biggest mistake
- Write about things that use in daily life
- Write about travel essentials
- Write about your city – hometown
- Write about your favorite blog and mention them.
- Write about your favorite phone apps?
- Write something that helps your readers
- Writing tips
- Your daily beauty routine
- Your favorite blog post that you love reading again and again.
- Your favorite hashtags for social media?
- Your favorite Instagram posts – that you or someone else has created!
- Your favorite look of the day.
- Your favorite tourist destination
- Your favorite cheat meals
- Your favorite hashtags
- Your life goals
- Your morning routine
- Your outfit of the day blog post
- Your photo collection
- Your predictions about what blogging will look like in the future
- Your travel bucket list
- Your weekly routine
- Your work from home routine
- Your workout routine
- 10 no spend activities on weekends
- 10 rich lifestyle blogs to visit
- 10 things to get inspired
- 10 things you can’t live without
- 10 things you love about road trip
- Extravagant beauty looks that are surprisingly easy
- Fall essentials
- Family gatherings
- Fashion hacks
- Party planning tips
- Personal changes you’ve made and how you’ve grown
- Photography tips for food
- Pinterest ideas that you want to recreate/your reinditions
- Potluck meal ideas
- Refreshing summer drinks
- Roundup of nursery decor ideas
- Running tips for beginners
- Safety tips for the holidays
- Sample meal plans
- Sample menus
- Saving money
- Seasonal dish ideas
- Seasonal gathering ideas
- Self-care ideas
- Self-improvement ideas
- SEO essentials
- Share 10 bloggers who motivate your
- Share 10 Instagram accounts that inspire you
- Share a personal relationship advice
- Share a personal story to motivate readers.
- Share your happy moments with your readers.
- Share your most favorite useful blogging tip.
- Share your opinion on a topic
- Share your self-care routine with readers
- Shopping tips for grocery savings
- Show off your latest shopping haul
- Sleeping disorders
- Slow cooker recipes
- State the perks of blogging and making money
- Stay at home mom outfits
- Stay at home mom routine
- Stay at home mom schedule
- Story about your pet and you.
- Student wardrobe
- Study tips for college
- Summer essentials
- Take a blogging course and write about it
- Talk about any freelance services from home
- Talk about your favorite meals.
- The best lessons you’ve learned in your life
- The costs of running your blog
- The Dos and don’ts of online learning
- The idea of living a care-free life
- The number #1 advice for teenagers
- Things to do in your city
- Things you need to do before baby arrives
- Things you wish you knew as a new mom
- Time blocking tips
- Time management tips
- Time saving life hacks
- Fashion trends
- Fashion trends for the season
- Fashion trends you’re loving this year
- Favorite go-to stores
- favorite beauty products
- favorite bloggers to follow
- favorite blogging books + courses
- favorite blogging groups
- favorite book of this year
- favorite coffee + recipes
- favorite IKEA catalogue ideas
- favorite Instagram Lifestyle Bloggers to follow
- favorite mascaras
- favorite mom groups
- favorite movies
- favorite Netflix shows
- favorite newly released movies of the year
- favorite phone apps
- favorite playlists
- favorite sponsored content you’ve been involved in
- favorite spring essentials
- favorite tech
- favorite technology
- favorite trip
- First date ideas
- Fitness tips and routine
- Footwear essentials
- Free social media technology tools to promote your blog
- Funniest memes of all time
- 15 minute makeup routine
- 20 day clean eating challenge
- 23 ways to save money and time
- 3 biggest challenges you struggle with as a blogger and how to overcome it?
- 3 books that you recommend
- 3 secrets about glowing skin
- 30 things you need to do before your 30’s
- Dollar store organization ideas
- Easy dessert ideas
- eBay tips for selling
- Essential blogging tools you can’t blog without
- 5 habits of successful people
- 5 minute makeup routine
- 5 must-haves for your bag
- 7 things about yourself
- 7 tips to nourish your skin
- 7 ways to appreciate people and say ‘Thank you’
- 9 things that make you feel happy all the time
- A collection of great inspirational quotes + why you love them
- A review of a subscription box you’ve tried
- A roundup post of successful bloggers of your niche.
- Advice for a healthy relationship
- Advice for mature college/university students
- Advice for running a multi-author blog
- Amazon finds
- Appreciate 5 bloggers and describe Why?
- Awesome activities for kids
- Babymoon ideas
- Bad habits to break
- beautiful minimalist interior of a modern home - lifestyle blog topics
- Beauty hacks for beginners
- Beauty product review
- Beauty tutorial
- Bedroom organization ideas
- Best childhood memories
- Best goal setting planners
- Best keto/vegan/gluten free/specific diet recipes
- Best mommy and me outfits
- Best movies to watch this year
- Best shopping rewards programs
- Best skin care products
- Best tools for creating blog images?
- Best vacation ideas for families
- Best way to burp a baby
- Best way to study
- Best ways to prepare for exams
- Blog about humanity.
- Blogging tips
- Capsule wardrobe ideas
- Changes you’ve made to your diet / daily activities
- Classic books every family needs to read
- Classic films every family needs to watch
- Cleaning hacks
- Crafts kids will love
- Create a roundup of your best posts
- Tips for a business beginner
- Tips for beginner photography
- Tips for better sleep
- Tips for choosing a degree
- Tips for creating Youtube content
- Tips for downsizing
- Tips for essay writing
- Tips for falling asleep
- Tips for group projects
- Tips for guest posting
- Tips for intermittent fasting
- Tips for LinkedIn profile / Instagram / Pinterest / etc.
- Tips for long distance relationships
- Tips for long flight – with a child!
- Tips for making money online
- Tips for mental health
- Tips for new college students
- Tips for new moms
- Tips for road test
- Tips for science/arts/other degree students
- Tips for seasonal savings
- Tips for social media
- Tips for spring cleaning
- Tips for staying awake during long lectures
- Tips for staying positive
- Tips for studying
- Tips for taking correspondence courses
- Tips for working moms
- Toddler activities
- Toddler meal ideas
- Top travel destinations you’ve visited
- Travel blog ideas
- Travel essentials
- Travel outfits
- Up-do tutorial
- Ways to build an online relationship with bloggers
- ways to motivate yourself
- Ways to surprise your boyfriend/best friend?
- Wedding planning tips
- Party theme ideas
- Roundup post: 10 eyeliner tips shared by top beauty bloggers
- Gift ideas for best friends
- Gorgeous fonts for bloggers and social media mavens
- Habits of successful people
- Hair tips for busy moms/young teens
- The use of beauty products in your everyday life
- Healthy diet plan you wish to follow
- Healthy tips for eating
- Healthy versions of traditional dishes
- Home improvement before and after
- Honeymoon ideas
Interview content for your beauty blog
Why not have an industry expert create a piece of content for you, rather than creating it yourself?
Interviews are a great way to get user generated content for your site - and oftentimes, they will generate quality traffic and interest.
Not only will your audience read this content, but the audience of your interviewee will also read and share this content.
Interviews are a great way to add value to your business while mixing up your blogging style.
Interview Example In The Lifestyle Blogging Industry
Goop is well known for interviewing interesting people and creating amazing content out of it.
For example, they wrote out an entire conversation with Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner, two women that are loved and admired by Goop's audience:
Read the full interview here
Interview Content Ideas For Your Beauty Blog
- Ask another blogger or influencer to do a guest post.
- Host A Q&A with a beauty blogger
- Host An AMA with a beauty influencer
- Have a beauty blogger or influencer takeover Social Media
- Interview over the phone
- Follow an influencer around while they shop for beauty products
- Go live with another beauty blogger on IG or Tik-Tok
- Interview someone on Beauty essentials everyone should have.
- Skincare essentials you always carry with you.
- Beauty essentials you never leave home without
- Work from home tips from a thought leader
- Interview someone on how they started their business and career
More Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
- Do a review about a monthly subscription box
- How you’ve changed since you started blogging
- How your blog is different than others?
- Ideas for decorating small bedroom/apartment
- Ideas for family days
- Inspirational social media stars/bloggers
- Inspirational women
- Interview a blogger and share a success story
- Kids birthday ideas/themes
- Most recent road trip/holiday
- Night time skin care routine
- No makeup makeup looks
- Office organization ideas
- Online shopping trends
- Organized home hacks
- Parenting essentials
- Kitchen organization ideas
- Life as a child of immigrants
- Life as an immigrant
- Life before technology
- Life is beautiful – Tell why?
- Life lessons to learn before your 30’s
- Life realities
- List of inspirational quotes (do mention your favorite one)
- List of youtube channels
- List your favorite accessories
- Living room organization ideas
- Love for Coffee
- Make A-Z list and share it with your readers
- Makeup / skincare organization tips
- Marriage advice
- Maternity fashion finds
- Meal planning for beginners
- Mention your favorite blogging tools. (Here’s my favorite blogging tools treasure)
- Minimal packing ideas for travel
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.