Here are some real life success stories of starting a graphic design software:
1. Snappa ($1M/year)
Christopher Gimmer, the co-founder of Snappa, came up with the idea for the business after struggling to create graphics for his blog posts. As he searched for a simple and powerful graphic design tool, he realized there was a need for one geared towards marketers and entrepreneurs. He leveraged his viral blog post about free stock photos to market Snappa and collected feedback from potential users before building the prototype.
How much they make: $1M/year
Current team size: 4
Learn how Christopher:
- Start: Left a $95K/year to build his dream business
- Early traction: Got their first users thanks to an $89 keyword research tool
- Quick validation: Hit $4K/month in less than 30 days
Start something. It seriously doesn’t matter if your first idea sucks and you completely bomb. You will learn so much in those first 3 - 6 months, and at a certain point, you need to apply what you’re learning from blog posts and podcasts.
Snappa makes it easy to create any type of online graphic. Create & publish images for social media, blogs, ads, and more!
- Estimated revenue: $83.5K/month
- Website traffic: 870K/month
- Business rank: #7.66K
Check out their full website ➜
- 4,818 founder case studies
- Access to our founder directory
- Live events, courses and recordings
- 8,628 business ideas
- $1M in software savings