Looking to write a new handyman blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Handyman blog post topics to write about
- Handyman blogging ideas
- Other handyman content ideas
- Real-world examples of handyman blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right handyman blog ideas.
Handyman Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular handyman blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Handyman techniques
- Handyman capabilities
- History of handymen
- Handyman industry
- Handyman jobs
- Handyman bucket list
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Handyman Blog Post Ideas
- How to fix leakage on your pipes
- How to clean your septic tank safely
- How to find leakages on your roof
- How to find a job as a handyman
- How to become a reliable handyman
- How to build a repair shop business
- How to make instructional repair videos
- How to fix a broken aircon
- How to fix a broken faucet
- How to be a freelance handyman
- How to open rusted screws
- How to maintain your home effectively
- How can you start your handyman business with less capital
- How to recycle old appliances
- How to remove clogs on your sink
- How to clean your drainage
- How to do simple fixes on your car
- How to replace fuses and outlets
- How to paint your home
- How to put a varnish on your cabinets
- How to use a thinner effectively
- How to change light bulbs safely
- How to replace the battery of your car
- How to fix a hydraulic chair
- How to segregate garbage properly
- How to repair an electric fan
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Handyman Content Ideas
- Different uses of WD-40 in repair jobs
- Essential tools for a handyman
- Best books for learning repair jobs
- List of appliances you can repair as a handyman
- Great colors to choose from when painting your home
- Best countries to work as a handyman
- Best attributes of a good handyman
- Characteristics of a good faucet
- Reasons why you should work as a handyman
- Different chemicals for treating rusted metals
- Tips in removing clogs on your sinks
- Ways to avoid clogged sinks and drainages
- Bucket list of handyman must-haves
- Common problems that can be fixed by a handyman
- Benefits of being a handyman
- The hardest tasks of being a handyman
- Different ways to learn to become a good handyman
- Common dilemmas faced by a handyman while fixing
- Common injuries experienced by a handyman
- Most awkward moments when repairing something at home
- Things to remember before you even repair a faucet
- Reasons why a leakage must be fixed as soon as possible
- Most famous handymen in history
- Highest-paid handymen in the world
- Best brands of tools used by a handyman
- Ways to quicken up the process of fixing things
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Handyman Blog Post Topic Ideas
- How much does a handyman earn abroad
- The road to cheap home repairs
- Home repairs vs car repairs
- Why it is important to learn home repairs
- How much can you save yearly if you are a handyman
- Is it worth it to become a handyman
- Why it is important to maintain your septic tank well
- Health hazards of cleaning the septic tank
- The basic guide to pipe repairs
- Different handyman social media accounts to follow
- The values that you can learn while being a handyman
- Can a broken faucet be fixed
- Why you should start a handyman business right now
- The handyman industry and how it is profitable
- Why being a handyman is the best job right now
- Should you work locally or abroad as a handyman
- Why you should invest in good tools for repair
- Replace faucets vs repair kits
- Does a handyman need certification
- How can you get more customers as a handyman
- Handyman vs mechanics
- Basic knowledge about electrical troubleshooting
- Why handymen are in demand abroad
- Handyman as a past time
- The dos and don'ts of being a handyman
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.