This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging is a content marketing strategy that involves writing and publishing a blog post on another company’s website.
Guest posts include your byline and are highlighted by the editor of that website as being written by a guest author or contributor
Guest posts attract a new audience and ultimately boost brand credibility and awareness.
Guest Blogging Key Takeaways
- Before you begin, make sure you have a clearly defined objective/goal
- Research different sites that accept guest authors and are actively looking for new content
- Aim at establishing a connection with the website owner
- Pitch topics that are likely to be popular and interesting to the website's audience
Understanding How Guest Blogging Works
Guest blogging provides startups an effective approach for getting their thoughts and their products out to a wider audience.
For guest blogging to be an effective marketing strategy, consider pitching your content to a website that has a similar audience and a wide reach.
The ultimate goal is for the reader to click to your website or blog, so it's important that you create engaging and unique content.
Real-World Examples of Successful Entrepreneurs Who Guest Blog
1. Diggity Marketing
Matt Diggity, a search engine optimization expert and the founder and CEO of Diggity Marketing, uses guest posting as a leading strategy for generating leads to his company’s website.
2. Brad Thomas
By guest posting on a leading website, Brad is able to reach a large and diverse audience interested in real estate and investments.
How To Get Started With Guest Blogging
- Determine your guest posting goals
- Research and find guest posting opportunities
- Qualify guest posting websites
- Develop blog post ideas
- Create a guest post pitch
- Write a blog post worth publishing
- Follow up
- Track guest posting results
Writing great posts for your guest blogging campaign can be an overwhelming task, especially to a busy entrepreneur.
Fortunately, there are ways to find experienced content writers who can help you with guest blogging.
Here are some different ways to find talent:
The largest freelancing website, where businesses connect with talented freelancers.
Businesses using Upwork:
Makes it simpler to hire freelancers online from over 3 million professionals and get freelance jobs from thousands of projects posted on its freelancing.
Businesses using guru:
Contributors to this article:
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
- Samantha Walls, Head Of Content @ Starter Story
- David Gitonga, Writer @ Starter Story
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.