Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your finance blog.
Finance Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Finance blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Income Management
- Merger & Acquisitions
- Dividend Policy
- Capital Management
- Wealth Management
- Banking Finance
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Finance Blog
- How to write a finance blog
- How to Budget for Big Expenses
- How to Track Expenses in 3 Easy Steps
- How to Save $5,000 This Year
- How and Where to Open an IRA
- How to Protect Yourself from a Stock Market Crash
- How To Get Back On Track With Your Finances
- How to manage your money
- How can I save 100k in 3 years
- How to save money
- How To Set Financial Goals
- How to Save Money to Travel the World
- How to create a personal finance blog
- How Personal Finance Blogs Make Money
- How To Raise Financially Responsible Children
- How much do finance bloggers make
- How to improve your credit card score
- How to overcome financial crisis
- How to invest in mutual funds
- How to save on a budget
- How to save money tips
- How to get a credit card with bad credit
- How Many Credit Cards Should You Have
- How to maintain good credit score
- How to manage your money
- How Much Should You Save Each Month
- How Much Cash Should I Keep in the Bank
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Finance Blog
- Top 10 Money-Saving Apps
- The Top 10 Best Personal Finance Books for 2021
- 15 Best Budgeting Apps to Download Now
- 10 Investing Tips to Become a Successful Investor
- 5 Financial Mistakes that Will Cost You Big
- 3 Ways to Start Investing Without Knowing Anything
- 5 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Finances
- 7 Money-Saving Tips to Help Keep Your Finances on Track
- 5 Simple Steps to Improve Your Finances in 2021
- Top 10 Personal Finance Bloggers to Follow in 2021
- 10 Financial Tips For When You Start A Family
- 10 Goals To Have For Your Finances
- 30 Personal Finance Tips You Need to Know
- 30 Budget and Money Hacks You Need to Try in 2021
- 20 Simple ways to Save Money in your Everyday Life
- 10 Basic Steps to Reach Your Financial Goals
- 5 credit mistakes you should never make
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Save Money
- 11 Tips to stay budget conscious
- 5 easy steps to understanding your mortgage payment breakdown
- 3 tips to mastering the art of debt free living
- Top 3 financial hacks for new entrepreneurs
- 8 Financial Tips for Young Adults
- 50 Personal Finance Tips that will change the way you think about money
- Best way to finance buying a car
- 23 Smart Ways To Finance Your Startup
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Finance Blog
- Financial Impact of the Pandemic on Workers and Their Families
- Tips for Managing Small Business Finances
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Profit and Loss
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Budgeting and Saving
- Quickest Ways to Save Money at the Grocery Store
- The Best Budgeting Tools to Use That Are Free
- What Are Taxes And Why Do We File Them Each Year?
- Investing in Cryptocurrency: Is It Worth the Risk?
- How to Create a Personal Financial Plan
- The Importance Of Savings
- Personal Finance & Credit Counseling Blog
- What To Know About How Financial Counseling Works
- How Do Credit Card Companies Make Money?
- Essential guide to financing your start-up business
- The Basics of Financing a Business
- How is COVID-19 impacting global currency
- What are Bonds?
- CVV Number: What It Is and How It Works
- Guide to building the ideal credit score
- Smart Strategies for Millennials to Build Credit
- What is Bitcoin
- Examples of Major Bankruptcies in Recent Years
- Prevent Bankruptcy With These Tips
- 7 Ways to Cope With a Financial Loss
- The major kinds of financial risk that companies face
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.