Looking to write a new content marketers blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Content marketers blog post topics to write about
- Content marketers blogging ideas
- Other content marketers content ideas
- Real-world examples of content marketers blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right content marketers blog ideas.
Content Marketers Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular content marketers blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Content Marketing Basics
- Content Marketers Strategies
- Content Marketers Tools
- Content Marketers Challenges
- Content Marketing Facts
- Content Marketing Best Practices
- Content Marketing Books
- Content marketing jobs
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Content Marketers Blog Post Ideas
- How To Create Interactive Content For Marketing
- How To Market Your Brand On Social Media
- How To Start A Bulk Email Campaign
- How To Boost Your Sales Through Content Marketing
- How To Write Compelling Ad Copies
- How To Create Content Using Article Spinners
- How To Boost Your Traffic Using Paid Ads
- How To Create Free Banners For Your Ads
- How To Build A Large Audience-Base
- How To Increase Traffic On Your Site Without Spending
- How To Use Traffic Exchange Sites
- How To Use Facebook Groups For Content Marketing
- How To Create An SEO-Optimized Blog For Content Marketing
- How To Avoid Overspending On Inefficient Ads
- How To Conduct An SEO Research
- How To Create Guest Posts
- How To Get Traffic By Commenting On Social Media
- How To Start A Career In Content Marketing
- How To Create An Effective Call-To-Action
- How To Start A Content Marketing Campaign On A Budget
- How To Hire The Best Content Writers
- How To Build To Formulate Topics For Your Content
- How To Win New Customers Through Content Writing
- How To Create Compelling Video Content
- How To Do Scheduled Postings On Your Blog
- How To Find The Perfect Niche
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Content Marketers Content Ideas
- Tips To Make Your Content More Appealing
- Ways To Brainstorm Your Mind For Content
- Factors That Affect The Quality Of Content
- Traits Of A Good Content Writer
- Reasons Why You Should Try Content Marketing
- Tools That Make Content Marketing Easier
- Free Stock Photos For Your Content
- Royalty-Free Videos For Your Content
- Tips To Increase Traffic On Your Site Through Content Marketing
- List Of Famous Content Marketers
- Different Tools For Generating Fresh Content
- Common Misconceptions About SEO Debunked
- Benefits Of Content Marketing For Your Business
- Advantages Of SEO-Optimized Content
- Benefits Of Having A Paid Domain
- Perfect Templates For Your Blog
- List of Niches For Your Content
- Disadvantages Of Using Article Spinners
- Pros and Cons of Video Content
- Content Ideas For Every Niche
- Most Common Problems Encountered By Content Marketers
- Highest-Paid Content Marketers Of All-Time
- Ways To Add More Income Sources On Your Content
- Reasons Why You Should Try Being An Affiliate
- Tips To Make Products Sellable On Your Content
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Content Marketers Blog Post Topic Ideas
- What Is Content Marketing
- What Is a Niche
- Best SEO Practices For Your Content
- The Roots Of Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing Vs E-Commerce
- Are All Products Sellable Through Content Marketing
- When Is The Best Time To Post On Your Blog
- Why Does My Blog Is Not Getting Any Traffic
- What Is Guest Posting
- What Is Backlinking
- WordPress Vs Blogger
- How Can You Get Cheap Domain Names
- When To Update Your Blog Postings
- What Is Cost Per Action In Content Marketing
- Social Media Vs Email Marketing For Content
- What Is Call-To-Action
- Is Still Profitable To Build An Amazon Affiliate Site
- Why You Should Write Content About Trending Topics
- Why Content Writing Is Important
- Trends In Content Marketing
- Why Using Hashtags Are Important
- Content Writing Vs Vlogging
- Average Amount Of Money You Can Earn From Content Marketing
- Is It Worth It To Start a WordPress Blog
- What Are The Mediums You Can Use For Content Marketing
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.