Establishing your web designer is an essential first step in starting your business.
However, the reality is, the cost of web designer can add up very quickly, so it’s important that you explore all your options before making any decisions.
Before we dive into the cost of web designer, we must first understand exactly what web designer is, and why it plays a vital role in starting your business.
What Is Web Designer?
Web Designer is considered to be apart of your website costs when getting your small business off the ground.
Web design includes several different aspects, including webpage layout, content creation, and design elements.
If you have the skills and knowledge to design your website on your own, then outsourcing this to an expert may not be necessary. There are plenty of other ways you can design a beautiful website using design tools and software.
One of the most common questions we get at Starter Story is “How much does web designer cost in 2021?
In this post, we will explain everything you need to know about:
- The average cost and breakdown for web designer
- The best tools and services to use for your web designer
- How to make the most of your money when investing in a web designer
How Much Does Web Designer Cost?
- Minimum cost of web designer: $200
- Maximum cost of web designer: $6,000
- Average cost of web designer: $3,100
This estimate depends on a number of factors, including which service or tools you choose, the scope of your business and your overall needs as it relates to web designer.
Below, we will dive into the best tools and services to jumpstart your web designer.
Best Tools And Services For Web Designer
There are plenty of different tools and resources available to help with web designer.
It’s important that you do your due diligence to determine your exact goals as it relates to your web designer.
First and foremost, you should ask yourself a few questions prior to starting your research:
- How much can/should I spend on web designer?
- What value and return will web designer bring to my business?
- Do I need a professional web designer service or tool, or is this something I can do without?
- What will the ongoing costs for web designer look like?
Once you have an idea as to what you are looking for, it’s time to begin the research process!
We’ve identified the top tools and services for web designer:
Squarespace is a great option for small businesses and is known as one of the easiest platforms to use.
You may find yourself in a decision on whether you should choose Squarespace or WordPress.
The main difference between the two platforms is that Squarespace is known to be more turn-key than WordPress, and does not involve as much management and upkeep.
Benefits of using Squarespace:
- Great for beginners who have little to no coding experience
- Flexible and stylish designs
- You can easily switch up templates (and not feel the need to completely start over)
- Over 55,000 plugins
- Personal Plan: $12/month
- Business Plan: $18/month
- Basic: $26/month
- Advanced: $40/month
WordPress is one of the most common platforms for agencies and landing pages.
Here are the main reasons agencies are using WordPress:
- The platform is free
- SEO is built into the platform (automatically generates title tags and meta descriptions for you)
- Hundreds of different themes that are easily adjustable.
- Great blogging functionality
Free to use/open source but you will need to pay for the hosting.
Webflow is unique in that the platform allows designers to code visually, rather than writing code line by line.
If this sounds interesting to you, check out a few more advantages of the platform below:
- Full CMS functionality
- Great for prototyping and mockups
- Easy to illustrate your animation ideas - they're all about the visuals
- Allows you to design hundreds of pages at once
- Great for designing landing pages
- Basic - $12/month
- CMS - $16/month
- Business - $36/month
How To Keep Web Designer Costs Low
It’s easy to get ahead of your budget as it relates to your web designer.
After doing research on the different tools and services available, you should consider a few things:
- Is web designer something I can do on my own?
- Is there a low cost or free way to get my web designer (ie. freemium versions, partnerships or trade).
- Are there some parts of web designer I can do on my own, and others I can buy or outsource?
It’s important you spend the time asking yourself these questions so that you are the most prepared when it comes to your web designer.
To help you put your money where it matters, we put together a list of 20 free small business budget templates, including a startup cost template to help you get your business started.
What Other Website Costs Should I Know About?
Web Designer will be one of many website costs you will need to consider when starting your business.
To learn more about other website costs’s and best practices, we put together a list for you here:
- Domain Name
- Web Designer
- Website Hosting Costs
- Business Email Hosting Service
- Website & Live Chat Tool
- Website Builder
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
- 4,818 founder case studies
- Access to our founder directory
- Live events, courses and recordings
- 8,628 business ideas
- $1M in software savings