Looking to write a new self-improvement blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Self-improvement blog post topics to write about
- Self-improvement blogging ideas
- Other self-improvement content ideas
- Real-world examples of self-improvement blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right self-improvement blog ideas.
Self-Improvement Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular self-improvement blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Self-improvement basics
- Enhancing mental skills
- Improving physical appearance
- The road to a better social life
- Get better financially
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide Self-Improvement Blog Post Ideas
- How To Speak Profoundly On Life's Most Important Questions
- How to Meditate
- How To Change Your Mind And Create A Good Life
- How To Defeat The Procrastination Demon
- How To Deal With a Friend Who Has a Drinking Problem
- How To Deal With Stress
- How To Save Money While Shopping Online
- How to Survive Summer Successfully
- How to Be More Adventurous
- How To Avoid Laziness
- How To Fight Loneliness
- How To Be Wealthy
- How To Feel Great With Your Body
- How To Build a Productive Morning Routine
- How To Stay Positive In The Face Of Difficulty
- How to Stop Procrastinating
- How to Stay Fit After the Holidays
- How to Make Your Sick Days Productive Ones
- How To Be A Motivational Speaker
- How to Become Self-Motivated
- How To Go From Being A Shy Introvert to Be the Best Extrovert You Can Be
- How to Become a Better Person
- How To Get Fit in under an Hour a Day
- How to Choose the Right Place to Live
- How to Fix Sleep Problems
- How To Be A Happy Adult
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based Self-Improvement Content Ideas
- 7 Secrets to Self-Improvement
- 7 Easy Steps to Boost Your Self-Confidence
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Man
- Top 10 Tips For A Happier You
- The Best Ways To Give Back To Nature And The Planet
- The Best Ways to Clear Your Mind
- 10 Signs You Are An Empathic Person
- 7 Self-Improvement Tips For Those Who Just Don’t Have Time
- 8 Body Language Gestures That Say “No Thank You”
- Tips To Be Confident On Camera
- 5 Simple Things You Can Do to Practice Gratitude
- 5 Tips to Combat Stress
- 5 Good Karma Words To Start Your Day With
- The Benefits of Using Evernote for Self-Improvement:
- 8 Helpful Tips for Improving Your Life
- 7 Simple Tips For Improving Your Outdoor Skills
- Tips To Stay On Top Of Your Game This Year
- 6 Habits Of Successful People
- Breathing Techniques to Avoid Panic Attacks
- 5 Effective Ways To Improve Your Life
- 10 Habits That Make You a More Positive Person
- 3 Things I Wish I’d Known About Personal Finance in College
- A 3 Step Guide To Changing Your Life
- Using a Spreadsheet to Tally Your Finances
- 7-Step Guide to Improve Self-Discipline
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Self-Improvement Blog Post Topic Ideas
- What To Do In A Crisis Situation
- Finding Self-Confidence in a Negative State
- Identifying An Addiction
- What’s the Difference Between Self-Improvement and Getting Help
- Why Yoga Is Effective
- Taller and Thinner in 3 Weeks
- Living Healthy Beyond 40
- The Psychology of Success
- Improve Your Life By Listening To Music
- How Stress Affects Your Eyes
- Your Guide To Peak Confidence
- How a Credit Card Can Help You Achieve a Laser Focus on Your Goals
- The 80/20 Rule in Life
- 3 Days to A Happier You
- How Does Self-Care Actually Work
- Let Your New Year Resolutions Bring The Change You Want in 2022
- Moving Beyond Basic Positive Thinking For Personal Growth
- Can Personality Type Predict Future Success
- Boost Your Confidence by Breaking These Habits of Self-Doubt
- Overcoming Loneliness
- Get Your Career on Track Quickly
- Why You Need to Make Yourself a Priority in Life
- Change Your Way Of Thinking For The Better
- Start Your Day On The Right Foot
- The Art of Active Listening
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.