Looking to write a new Science blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post topics and content ideas can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
In this post, we provide you with:
- Science blog post topics to write about
- Science blogging ideas
- Other Science content ideas
- Real-world examples of Science blogs and topics
- Proven tips and strategies on **how to find the right Science blog ideas.
Science Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Science blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Brain & Behavior
- Cognitive Science
- Life & Non-Humans
- Biology and Life Sciences
- Computer Science
- Environmental and Earth Science
- Physics and Astronomy
- Technology and Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- General Science
- Social Science
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How-To-Guide for Science Blog Post Ideas
- How to start a science blog with limited resources
- How to create a successful science blog
- How to create a Science blog tutorial video
- How to write a case study for your science assignment
- How to create a Health and Life Science blog post
- How to create a Science blog for kids
- How to create awareness about mental health
- How to access scientific journals
- How to stay up-to-date with NASA's inventions
- How to use your social media for environmental science awareness
- How to study the history of medicine
- How to identify the best medicinal resources in your city
- How to research the best science labs in your locale
- How to make your child practice a science experiment safely
- How to boost your immune system naturally
- How to effectively write a thesis for any science course
- How to stay updated with the new scientific discoveries from around the world
- How to take up a career in political science
- How to find out the best colleges to study astronomy science
- How to make your child learn science fast at home
- How to make money by learning the basics of computer science
- How to self-learn computer science languages
- How to learn cell biology
- How COVID-19 has changed the culture of science
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List-Based [Science Blog] Content Ideas
- 50 of The Best Science Books
- Best Space Gifts For Space Lovers This Christmas
- 100 Best Science Fiction Books Ever Written
- List of Best Beginner Telescopes
- Best Science Kits For Kids
- Best Star Projectors
- Best Cameras For Astrophotography
- Best science fiction movies
- Top science apps for Android
- 10 Apps to Help Students With Their Science Homework
- Top courses for science students
- Top 10 High Paid Salary Courses after 12th Science
- Top 50 General Knowledge Question Answers About SCIENCE
- 15 Best Science Projects for Students
- List of Top Science Colleges in the US
- The Top Ten Scientific Discoveries of the Decade
- 14 Scary Universe Facts
- The 10 greatest predictions in physics
- The 7 Biggest Unanswered Questions in Physics
- 10 Ways Scientists Can Help During The COVID-19
- 10 Exoplanets That Could Host Alien Life
- The 9 Wildest Planets in the Milky Way
- Interesting facts about Venus
- 10 Major Current Environmental Problems
- What Are The World's Top 10 Environmental Risks?
- 10 mind-boggling things you should know about quantum
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other [insert topic here] Blog Post Topic Ideas
- A Guide to create your Environmental science blog post
- World Science Day for Peace and Development
- COVID and 2020: An extraordinary year for science
- How will COVID-19 reshape science, technology and innovation?
- The Ultimate Value of Science
- Ultimate Science Experiment Kit
- Distances Between Planets
- Climate Change and Global Warming
- The Science of Climate Change Explained
- Ultimate field work guide for biologists and ecologists
- Human Population Growth and Extinction
- The World's 6 Smallest Mammals
- What We Know About Black Holes
- 13 Habits Linked to a Long Life (Backed by Science)
- The science of human life
- A Beginner's Guide to Science Fiction
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing Science Fiction
- Why is it important to protect marine life
- Protecting climate by protecting nature
- What would happen if the earth didn't rotate
- Human Brain: facts and information
- How Science Supports Pets for Improving Your Mental Health
- The Basics of Climate Change
- The Biology Of Why Coronavirus Is So Deadly
- How To Identify Planets in the Night Sky
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.