Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your real estate business.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Real Estate Business
- How to rehab a home
- How to buy a short sale
- How to get your home ready to show
- How to find a tenant
- How to evict a tenant
- How your county assesses property taxes
- How to fight a tax assessment
- How to avoid rental scams
- How to avoid mortgage fraud
- How to choose a real estate agent
- How to search for properties on the Internet
- How to determine home value
- How to review a real estate book
- How to explain credit score
- How to buy home insurance
- How to find affordable properties
- How to understand different types of properties
- How To Know You’re Getting A Good Price
- How to go about relocating in a new area
- How To Refuse An Offer
- How To Take The Best Listing Photos And Why This Matters
- How To Prepare Your Home For Sale
- How To Properly Landscape A Property
- How To Sell Your Home Quickly
- How to improve your credit score
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Real Estate Business
- List of 20 best apps for people preparing to sell & buy homes
- List 30 or more online resources for people relocating to your area
- Top 10 cheapest condos on the market today
- Top 100 best agents and brokers in your city
- 50 most beautiful properties on the market today
- Collection of most expensive homes sold in the last 30 days
- 20 famous people who bought or sold property in your market
- Top 10 myths about real estate
- Top 5 Signs That You Should Sell Your Home Soon
- 50 reasons to not buy a property
- 10 things to look at before buying a property
- Top 5 backgrounds checks about your real estate agent
- 10 things to know about your broker before hiring them
- Top 30 affordable societies of your cities
- Top 5 home loan providers with least interest rates
- 10 least popular locations to avoid investment through real estate
- 50 best real estate companies
- Weekly top 5 properties on sale
- 10 most popular real estate photographers
- Weekly housing trends of your locale
- top 5 local area events for real estate
- List of top 10 real estate jobs
- List of top 10 much needed amenities in your housing property
- 5 things to considering before selling your home
- 10 things to observe about your property buyer to avoid fraud
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Real Estate Business
- Renting vs Buying – Which Is Better?
- Celebrity Properties In The Area
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of An Open House
- A Day In The Life Of An Estate Agent
- Local Crime Rates in your area
- Step-By-Step Guide To A Purchase Contract
- Your Rights As A Tenant
- DIY Home Renovation Tips
- I Attended A Town Council Meeting – Here’s What I Learned
- Getting On The Property Ladder As A Student
- Investing In Properties, The Smart Way
- Moving Homes When You Own Pets
- Pros And Cons Of Homeowner Associations
- What Estate Agents Look For In Clients
- Is Buying A Fixer-Upper Worth It?
- Real Estate Trend Predictions
- What You Need To Know Before Relocating
- All About Foreclosures
- Why Should I Hire A Real Estate Professional?
- Do you know your area's Local Nightlife?
- What are the Basics Of Interior Decoration?
- Staying Safe In Your New Home
- Funny Real Estate Stories
- Do I Need A House Inspection? The Pros And Cons
- Renting A Furnished vs Unfurnished Property
- Buying A Historic Home? Here’s What You’ll Need To Know
- Common Mistakes People Make When Selling Their Homes
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.