This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is Quora?
Quora is a platform where you can contribute and obtain knowledge.
It's a place to ask questions and connect with others who offer insights and answers to specific questions.
By contributing answers on Quora, you can promote your business and drive organic traffic to your site.
- Quora is a Q&A platform
- 63% of Quora’s visits come from online searches
- Quora relies on reliant on active users for content and development.
- Quora is now reported to be worth $2 Billion
- Going viral on Quora can result in more customers, more traffic, and more authority in your niche
Based on 2018 data, Quora has 300M monthly users and is used by 35% of all Americans..
The platform is constantly growing, too!
Understanding How To Write Viral Answers On Quora
Quora is simply a Q&A website. Anyone in the world can answer questions on Quora, at no cost.
To go viral, there's a few different things you should keep in mind:
- Add a bio to your profile and state the subjects you are knowledgable about
- Add an interesting image and an interesting start to the answer.
- Identify trending questions and write an exceptional answer so it gets upvoted.
- Write out thoughtful, lengthy, descriptive answers.
- Engage with replies and comments
- Write something that will appeal to a large amount of users.
- Be consistent - answer as many categories as possible and do this every day.
Quora is a great place to repurpose content (think blogs, how-to-guides, YouTube videos, gifs, memes, etc).
With all of that in mind, one of the best opportunities is to create a repurposing framework around Quora.
Not only does this give you the opportunity to go Viral, but it can also drive traffic to your website and maybe even convert some users.
Real World Examples: Write Viral Answers On Quora
1. Deepak Shukla: From 0-20M views On Quora
In 2014, Deepak Shukla answered a question about salaries and was featured in the Quora digest on Christmas Day.
Things escalated quickly, and his answer was shared with 1.2 million people.
This also had a pretty amazing impact on some other things...
- Generated over 20 million views
- Sign up 25k+ people to his email list
- Had the most upvoted answer of all time
- Made it onto Quora digest 30 days in a row.
- Featured on Inc
Here are some of the stats from his profile after going viral:
Check out Deepak Shukla's full step-by-step guide on how to go viral on Quora here.
How To Get Started
- Create a Quora account and fill out all fields
- Follow as many topics as you can find that relate to your industry and expertise
- Start finding questions that you know the answer to, then reply with detailed, thoughtful answers.
- Create a strategy to repurpose content (blogs, videos)
- Engage with comments
Contributors to this article:
- Pat Walls, Founder @ Starter Story
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.