Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your online wine business.
How-to-guide content style
How-to-guides are a great way to share insight and knowledge across your audience.
These guides are informative and teach your reader how to complete a given task using step-by-step instructions.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and, eventually, turn into a customer. Here a few things to remember when writing your "how-to-guide:"
- Write directly to your reader with clear and concise instructions
- Identify the logical order of your instructions and use numbered lists
- Use headings and bold to identify key stages in your step-by-step guide
- Use photos and videos as much as possible to provide context to your reader
How To Guide Blog Post Ideas For Your Online Wine Business
- How to make wine at home
- How to identify the characteristics of wine
- 5 Steps To Finding The Best Wine Under $12
- How to know the effect of conditions associated with different regions on the properties of wine produced from a specific grape variety
- How to choose a specific bottle of wine
- How to pair wine with food
- How to properly wash and polish a wine glass
- How to open and pour your own wine
- How to start with an aperitif
- How to choose dry white wines
- How to mix another drink with wine
- How to distinguish aged wine from new
- How to become a wine expert
- How to choose bold red wines online
- How to know the wine's reputable sources to purchase from
- How to know the right time to buy wine
- How to Select a Good Wine Glass
- How to create your own custom wine label
- How to choose a new wine preserver screw cap
- How to taste wine
- How to know the kind of wine should you drink with meat/fish/pasta dishes etc.
- How to choose a good wine for a friend/co-worker/boss etc.
- 10 Ways To Cook White Wine In Food
- How to know if a wine is corked
List-based content style
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with a quick and simple read.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, lists are a great way to quickly answer your searcher's query.
List content is great for driving traffic to your blog, and they are often quick to create.
List Blog Post Ideas For Your Online Wine Business
- 100 Europe’s Wine Regions
- The Top 25 Important Wine Questions
- 20 Secret Wine Tips for Explorers and Treasure Hunters
- The most variety Grape Profiles
- The 30 Best Wines of 2021
- Best organic White Wines of 2021
- Best Spanish Red Wines under $20
- The top 5 tips for ordering wine in a restaurant
- 3 Ways To Decant Wine (Plus, Hyper Decanting!)
- 5 Tips for Buying Collectible Wine
- The most expert Tips On Choosing Dry White Wines
- 10 Wine Tips That'll Make You Sound Like A Rockstar
- 40 Wine Descriptions and What They Really Mean
- 10 Cardinal Rules for Great Wine and Food Pairings
- 3 Traits Of Wine That Age Well
- 6 great wine tour ideas for 2021
- 15 Tips to Plan the Perfect Wine Tasting Vacation
- The 3 Types of Wine It’s OK to Go Cheap On and the other 2 You Shouldn't
- 3 tricks to buying an actually pretty decent $10 wine bottle
- Top 10 most expensive wine brands in the world.
- 50 most popular wine bloggers on social media
- 10 purest wines
- Five ways to distinguish a good red wine
- 10 ways to cool wine bottle
- 50 recommended wine books
- 50 best wine retailers
- Top 10 countries for winemaking
- Top 10 wine exporting countries
- 10 cheapest wines
- Best times to drink wine
Other blog post styles
There are various other blog post styles you can use to create content.
When you combine a mix of different blog post styles into your content strategy, you create an engaging experience for your audience.
Here are some other blog post styles you should consider experimenting with:
- Video content
- Case studies
- Interviews or Q&A's
Other Blog Post Ideas For Your Online Wine Business
- What are the most famous wine-producing regions worldwide?
- What can be done to boost the wine industry?
- An interview with the most famous bloggers wine tasters.
- Reports on which countries make the most wine.
- How does wine affect people's happiness?
- Wine is said to be the oldest beverage, so what is the history of winemaking?
- The most expensive bottle of wine in the world.
- How is the selection and collection of grapes suitable for winemaking?
- Why are there big differences between wine prices?
- Is cheap wine bad?
- Why do doctors prescribe wine to their patients? What are its benefits?
- What is added to wine other than grapes?
- What is the difference between food with added wine and free of it?
- Georgian monks made wine wins international awards
- Coffee can be turned into wine in Korean restaurants
- Can wine be kept in bottles made of cardboard?
- What information should be available on a bottle of wine when buying it?
- Is sediment at the bottom of the bottle a sign of poor quality wine?
- Does a foul odour or wilt on the cork at the top of the bottle spoil the wine?
- What is the difference between white and red wine?
- Should the wine be refrigerated?
- Is a brightening label on a wine bottle a good or a bad thing?
- Where can you buy a good, guaranteed bottle of wine?
- Is wine older than 70 years losing its value?
- Can wine be mixed with any other drink?
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.