This article is a part of our encyclopedia, and is editable by you. Edit ➜
What Is In-store signage?
In-store signage refers to using visual graphics within the store to displays information to your customers.
According to statistics, 68% of customers believe that in-store signage reflects the quality of a business and the products.
Therefore, in-store signage is a silent salesperson as it communicates messages to your target customers. In this post, we explore the idea of in-store signage as a strategy to heighten your brand message and increase sales.
In-store signage Key Takeaways
- Signs capture the customer’s attention and can power customers into taking the desired action
- Retail stores can use digital in-store signage to provide up-to-date and real-time information like discounts and flash sales
- Measure conversion rate by considering the digital signs ability to attract traffic and compel action
- To measure digital signs conversion rate, use different media channels and video display options
- Retailers are using a variety of digital tools to make in-store advertising more interesting.
How much does in-store signage cost?
Sign design and installation cost about $438 for the US in 2020.
Understanding How In-Store Signage Works
In-store signage works by:
- Helping shoppers to find what they are looking for, and spreads the word about new products customers don’t know exists
- Demonstrating what outdoor advertising or product packaging does not
- Takes the online campaigns offline, helping to increase leads
- Pivots your offerings quickly and efficiently
Overall, installing in-store signage improves brand awareness and helps to improve product sales.
Real-World Examples of Brands Deploying In-Store Signage Effectively
Here are a couple of excellent in-store signage ideas for your inspiration:
1. How Nordstrom is Boosting Loyalty Program Using In-Store Signage
Nordstrom, the upscale fashion department store, is renowned for its successful worldwide online store.
The company installed digital in-store signage, to boost the loyalty program. The digital in-store signages boosted Nordstrom’s thriving loyalty program which contributes up to 50% of sales.
By implementing digital display board solutions, the company has attained a seamless shopping experience by letting the customers interact on their own terms.
2. How Sephora Uses Digital Instore Signage To Educate Customers
Sephora has placed in-store signage throughout the stores. The in-store signage focuses on educating the customers about the benefits of Sephora's loyalty program and guides shoppers through the wide range of their products.
For Sephora, installing digital in-store signage is a strategic approach for engaging consumers in a fun way and bringing brand awareness.
How To Deploy In-Store Signage Effectively
- Have a clear goal in mind
- Design a clear and easy to understand signage
- Ensure a clear call to action so that customers understand what to do
- Define metrics for success
- The in-store signs should be legible from a distance
- Get assistance from professional signage developers
Best Design Tools For In-Store Signage
- Piktochart: Creates professional-looking infographics, presentations, and posters in portrait format
- Photoshop: Provides an extensive number of photo editing tools
- Photopea: A free online images editor with the ability to read or save PSD files
- PlaceIt: Upload images or even videos of your website into a mock-up
To come up with effective in-store signage, you require some basic design skills. Luckily, you can find easy-to-use design tools. Examples are:
Cloud-based set of image tools and utilities, including a photo editor, a screen recorder, and a photo sharing service.
Businesses using pixlr:
Web and mobile-based platform that enables businesses to create social graphics, videos and landing pages using available tools
- Website: spark.adobe.com
How To Print Your Sign
Once the design is ready, apply the following tips to ensure the quality and value of your in-store signage
- Use the right printer for digital signs.
- Set the correct color models and values on your design files
- Ensure a design and format appropriate for the expected viewing distance.
- Choose the right media depending on use case scenarios
- Use vector images instead of pixels to avoid dreaded fuzziness and pixelation issues
- Ensure the appropriate image size for photos
Contributors to this article:
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Are you ready to boost your revenue?
Using Klaviyo will open up a massive, untapped sales channel and bring you closer to your customers!
Level up your email marketing with Klaviyo!