What Are Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels is a content format that allows you to create and share short engaging videos. Many brands are using reels to reach a new audience and promote their brand in a fun and creative way.
According to statistics, Instagram has close to 135 million users in the US. One way to engage this audience is through Instagram Reels.
In this post, we look at how IG reels works, and show you examples of brands using the platform to engage and grow their following. Keep reading to find out more.
IG Reels Key Takeaways
- IG Reels offers businesses a new way of engaging a bigger audience on Instagram
- Because of Instagram existing reach, brands are likely to see high engagement rates on Reels
- Brands can improve the potential for impressions through catchy and entertaining Instagram Reels videos.
- Unlike Instagram stories, IG Reels videos do not disappear after 24 Hours.
Understanding How IG Reels Work
Just like TikTok, Instagram reels let IG users create and edit 15/30 seconds multi-clip videos. To create a reel, tap on the IG stories camera and select Reels.
After recording the short video, it lets you use a variety of editing tools like Audio, effects, alignment, and speed, to create unique and entertaining clips.
You can record one or multiple reels at a time. Alternatively, you can upload pre-recorded videos from your gallery, and use the editing tools to make the video as engaging as possible.
Instagram Reels vs. Instagram Stories
IG reels and stories may seem somewhat similar. However, they have some key differences. Here is an overview of the key differences between the two.
- IG stories disappear after 24 hours while IG reels stay in your reels tab and feed
- Instagram stories have a video maximum length of 15 seconds while IG reels offer 15, 30, and 60 seconds on select accounts
- IG followers cannot save IG stories, but they can save IG reels for later viewing
- IG stories rarely get featured on the explore page. However, IG reels take the most space, ensuring they are watched the most.
Ideas to Create IG Reels Content
Like all social media marketing platforms, there is no one size fits all approach to using IG reels. However, there are some suggestions to start leveraging reels to grow your brand. Here are some of the ideas you can try:
- Give your audience a peek behind your brand's curtains
- Share user-generated content
- Educate your audience with quick how-to-videos
- Showcase your products in an engaging and fun way
- Engage your audience in a fun and personal way
Examples Of Brands Using IG Reels
Here are exciting examples of how brands are using IG stories
1. How Beardbrand uses IG Reels To Highlight Their Services In a Fun and Creative Way
Beardbrand is an American men’s grooming company based in Austin, Texas. The brand has been using Instagram reels to display its services in a creative and engaging way.
In this IG reels a video, bear brand highlights how they offer their services leaving the customer feeling happy and satisfied.
The video got over 1K likes, with chances of converting into customers.
So if you are a service-oriented company, record a short IG reels clip in which you are serving your customer, and do not forget to add a call to action.
2. Anima Iris Creates IG Reels Content To Show Behind The Scenes Content
In this example, luxury purse brand Anima Iris gives followers a peek into the product shots for an upcoming campaign.
Anima Iris understands that consumers want brands to be more authentic. Creating content like this does humanize your brand, and helps to build a stronger relationship with customers.
Sharing behind the curtains videos on IG reels is an effective strategy for building anticipation and excitement within your Instagram following.
Tips For Using IG Reels
Here are important tips to enable you to use IG reels like a pro!
- Make fun and creative content with your own unique twist
- Include video subtitles by manually typing your audio in text boxes and showing on the screen
- If you are repurposing TikTok videos on IG Reels, remove the TikTok watermark first
- Keep video captions short and sweet
- Hop on trends fast
- Share IG Reels to your feed
- Optimize on-screen text so that it is visible easily
- Find your niche and post consistently
- Provide valuable and sharable content
- Include Instagram Hashtags
Managing your social media strategy can be an overwhelming experience. To increase engagement, you can partner with social media influencers.
Hey! 👋 I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
Get our 5-minute email newsletter packed with business ideas and money-making opportunities, backed by real-life case studies.
- 4,818 founder case studies
- Access to our founder directory
- Live events, courses and recordings
- 8,628 business ideas
- $1M in software savings