Looking to write a new blog post but experiencing some writer's block?
Coming up with new blog post ideas and topics can be time-consuming and daunting.
What's even more challenging is coming up with a great content idea - one that will bring you the right traffic and resonate across your audience.
Writing a great blog post can take hours, days, and sometimes even weeks, so it’s critical that you do your research to ensure your post will reach your intended audience.
This post provides you with creative blog post ideas to help spark some ideas for your next article.
Additionally, we provide you with proven tips and strategies on how to find the right blog post topic for your graphic design business.
Graphic Design Blog Post Topics & Categories
Here are a few of the most popular Graphic Design blog post categories and topics to write about:
- Branding Design
- Advertising & Marketing Design
- Digital Design
- Product Design
- Publishing Design
- Environmental Design
- Packaging Design
- Lettering Design
- Logo Design
Different Blog Post Types For Your Graphic Design Business
Before we dive into the list of blog post ideas and topics, let’s go over a few common blog post types and how to use them:
How-to-guide content for your graphic design business
How-to-guides are a great way to share your insight and knowledge across your audience.
If you are able to provide answers to a person's search, they will likely click on your article and stay on your site for a period of time.
The more value and answers you bring to your reader, the more they are likely to return to your site and become a customer.
List-based content for your graphic design business
Lists are a great way to consolidate information and provide your user with an easy-to-read blog post.
For those that want a quick answer or don’t have time to read a long article, this is a great way to get your point across and answer your searchers query.
Lists are a great way to build traffic for your blog posts, and they are often quick to write. It’s a win-win!
Interview content for your graphic design business
Why not have an industry expert write a piece of content for you, rather than writing it yourself?
Interviews are a great way to get user generated content for your site - and oftentimes, they will generate quality traffic and interest.
Not only will your audience read this content, but the audience of your interviewee will also read and share this content.
Interviews are a great way to add value to your business while mixing up your blogging style.
List Of Graphic Design Blog Post Ideas
We put together a list of 140+ graphic design blog post ideas to help give you some inspiration for your next article:
- How to design a web page using simple HTML and CSS
- Common mistakes designers make
- When to revamp your portfolio
- XX Factors That Make The Perfect Logo
- # Places to find print design clients
- How many options should I send when designing a logo?
- Should You Rebrand?
- Video Case Study [Interview your client about their new designs]
- How to choose colors and fonts that fit your brand
- Jquery tutorials
- Why I Design Websites On Wordpress
- Why Wordpress Is Always, Always, Always Better Than Squarespace
- How to integrate your brand into all aspects of your company
- Where to hire great designers
- Should You Hire A Seperate Designer + Developer?
- Logo design processes
- What makes a terrible logo?
- The Ultimate Breakdown Of File Types
- Who will hire me to design a new logo?
- How much do web designers make?
- Where can I find web design jobs?
- How to create a logo in Illustrator
- XX Reasons You Should Invest In A New Website Design
- # Perfect logos to inspire your next logo design project
- Case Study [Show client work. Remember to show before + after shots!]
- How to design for a particular target audience
- How long it should take to get a great logo
- How to make your designer happy and get the results you want
- What to do when you can’t find any design work
- What makes a good designer/client relationship
- Where to find freelance design work online
- Teaching yourself web design vs. Getting a formal web design education
- # Tips for prepping graphic design files for print application
- 20 Logo Design Trends To Avoid This Year
- Why A Premade Logo Isn't Good Enough For Your Business
- How to run a successful small business
- What makes a good landing page design?
- When Is It The Right Time To Rebrand?
- What to name your design business
- My Step By Step Design Process
- XX Reasons Why You Shouldn't DIY Your Logo
- How do I get my first web design clients?
- When to work for free and when not to
- Designing a user-friendly form
- 12 Reasons Why You Should Invest In A Professional Logo Design
- Design a twitter background you can be proud of
- The # biggest differences between print design and web design
- 8 Questions To Ask Your Designer When Your Project Is Complete
- # Famous web designers to learn from
- How long does it take to design a logo?
- How To Get Started With Wordpress
- How much should I charge for a logo?
- # Steps to design your first website
- Working with other designers
- How much to charge clients as a new designer
- Why designing a good logo is harder than it looks
- How to solicit work from large companies
- How to make money as a designer
- XX Things To Do When Your Designer Doesn't Understand What You Want
- What makes a good business logo
- Is it hard to become a web designer?
- When to redesign your website
- The # best file types to send to printers
- What Does Rebrand Mean?
- Great websites for design inspiration
- Where to go to school when learning about design
- XX Things XXXXX Can Teach Your About Design
- How to give honest feedback without frustrating your designer
- How to get a logo design client with little (or no) experience
- Why Your Website Should Be Built On Wordpress
- How to convert a Photoshop design to HTML and CSS
- Your Brand Is More Than Your Logo
- Turning your static web site into a dynamic content management system
- How To Use A Project Management Tool With Your Designer
- Why A High Quality Logo Design Doesn't Cost $50
- What makes a good facebook landing page?
- Who will hire me to design their logo?
- Behind The Scenes: My Design Client Homework
- How to use CSS3 or HTML5
- 15 Colour Personalities + How To Choose Yours
- Do print designers also need to learn web design?
- How To Use Wordpress When You're Not Tech Savvy
- Where can I learn high-quality print design lessons online?
- 30 Things I Need From You Before I Can Design Your Website
- How To Choose The Perfect Logo Designer
- Why Branding Is So Important
- 17 Reasons You Should Invest In A Blog Designer
- Where to sell your designs online
- XX Places To Use Your New Logo Design
- Which schools offer web design education programs?
- How to design your own blog
- 7 Tips For Providing Your Designer With Helpful Feedback
- Is print design dying?
- How to finish projects on time
- How to build your first web site
- Why Design Project Deadlines Are Important
- How To Find Your Signature Brand Style
- Behind The Scenes: How Design Revisions Work
- What Does 'Branding' Mean?
- XX Colour Palettes You Can Steal [Include the colour palettes + codes]
- When to rebrand your company
- How To Give Team Feedback To Your Designer In An Organized, Effective Way
- How much does a print designer make?
- How to find new clients
- XX Signs It's Time For A Rebrand
- How to use the pen tool in Photoshop
- What to expect to pay for design services
- # One-page HTML templates for quick web design
- How to manage design projects
- The # best tools for high-quality print design
- How to set proper bleeds on your full-bleed print projects
- How to create a style guide for your brand
- Necessary elements of a great web site
- What to include in a good design portfolio
- Why your company needs a new logo
- Which questions should I ask before designing a logo?
- The difference between static and dynamic web sites
- 5 Signs Of A High Quality Designer
- How much to charge for your design services
- What’s the difference between RGB and CMYK?
- XX Questions To Ask Your Designer On A Free Consult Call
- What makes a good logo?
- Attributes of successful designers
- Statistical improvements for companies who have solid brands, logos, and design styles
- Why I Use A Project Management Tool With My Design Clients
- How to design your first logo in Adobe Illustrator
- How design plays a part in your marketing efforts
- XX Wordpress Plugins All XXXXX Need
- How to treat clients who treat you poorly
- What makes a good one-page website design?
- How to tell a company they need a new logo
- Common design mistakes businessmen make when it comes to web design
- XX Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Choose Your Final Design
- How to build your first wordpress theme
- When to hire a full-time designer
- How to get work done when working from home
- How much should you charge for a logo design?
- XX Things To Ask Your Designer Before The Project Begins
- Designing a facebook landing page
Guide: How To Find The Right Blog Post Topic & Content Ideas
Finding the right content type and topic for your blog is critical. The last thing you want is to spend hours and days writing a piece of content that doesn’t end up performing well.
We’ve outlined tips to help you find the right blog post topic
1. Find Blog Post Topics Using Google
Google search is a great (and free) tool for finding a content type and topic.
You can actually use google autocomplete to see what people are searching for:
2. Find Blog Post Ideas Through Competitors and Useful Websites
A great way to find content types is by seeing what your competitors with similar audiences are doing.
There are a few different ways you can do this:
- Manually going through different websites to see what others are writing about
- Use a tool like ahrefs to see top-performing websites and topics
3. Find Content Ideas Using Google Search Console
Google search console is a great and free way to see what your audience is searching for:
4. Make Sure You Can Perform Well For The Content
Just because your audience is searching for something, doesn’t always mean you can win for that content.
Consider looking at existing search results and other top-performing websites. Then, ask yourself a few questions:
- Are these top-performing sites massive businesses? If so, what would it take to rank for something like this?
- Is the existing content in the search results good quality?
- Are there ways that I can improve this content type? (ie. adding photos, videos, optimizing keywords, making the posts longer and more valuable to the reader, etc)
Finding a blog post topic and writing a great blog post involves research, basic SEO knowledge, and time.
It’s important to consider all of these factors prior to writing a blog post so you can make the most of your time and resources.
If you're looking for more tips and strategies to grow your business, check out our business ideas database here
Discover the best strategies of successful business owners
Join our newsletter and receive our handcrafted recap with the best insights shared by founders in Starter Story each week.
Useful, convenient, and free:
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.