If you're looking to up your Instagram game, it's imperative that you have a great Instagram bio.
Your Instagram bio is the first thing your followers will see - it should be unique and tell users exactly what you do and who you are.
We understand how difficult it can be to craft a compelling Instagram bio, which is why we curated a list of the best freelance journalist Instagram bios.
Additionally, we provide you with examples of the best freelance journalist bios on Instagram and a step-by-step guide to get you started.
Instagram Bio Generator
Creative Journalist Instagram Bios
- We are true to our profession.
- Don't oppose mass surveillance for your own sake. Oppose it for the activists, lawyers, journalists, and all of the other people our liberty relies on.
- No custodian of the truth should have to fear their deliverance of the facts.
- Personal communicative skill is my strength as a journalist.
- I roll into the Land of Lightning with a honey bear under my arm and a storm at my heels.
- anybody worth a shit gets fired from those places.
- A cynical, mercenary, demagogic press will produce in time a people as base as itself.
- I became a journalist because I did not want to rely on newspapers for information.
- Truthful and thorough reporting of an incident is my responsibility.
- Journalism justifies its own existence by the great Darwinian principle of the survival of the vulgarest.
- New forms of reporting are always under our study.
- I'm sure it's all journalism It means it's true enough for now.
- Journalism is printing something that someone does not want printing. Everything else is public relations.
- Factual reporting is all too often propaganda designed to provoke certain reactions from the masses.
- Journalism is the art of coming too late as early as possible. I’ll never master that.
- The trouble with free speech is that it insists on living up to its name.
- I'm a professional journalist. Making up lies to fit the facts - it's what we do.
- Let's be honest about journalists: We find a lot of ways of being wrong.
- We work hard for our entire life in order to bring out the truth to the public.
- Freedom of expression is a basic expression of freedom.
- The pen has always been mightier than the sword but sadly in today's journalism, the ink is sponsored.
- You have to get up pretty early in the morning to invent the news.
- There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth.
- But while a photograph may tell a thousand words, it doesn't tell the full story.
- I create real art through my articles.
- A good journalist must be neutral.
- Journalism is all about collecting interesting information and presenting them more interestingly.
- I investigate, collect and present information as a news story.
- Sometimes, it is not you who finds good ideas when you are seeking them. Instead, good ideas find you in the most unexpected circumstances.
- It was breathtaking. It felt like being inside the beating heart of that pulsating, exotic nation.
- I am a proud newsmaker.
- We are led to believe that we are in a democracy with a free press. When the evidence shows that we have neither. We're in a very serious situation.
- The relationship between a journalist and their source is often complex.
- You cannot put yours and yourself in danger just to overcome your fear.
- Journalism is a platform and forum for the truth.
- The pen had been mightier than the sword but then the tongue took over.
- Journalism is all about headlines and deadlines.
- Enlighten the people, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
- All things must be examined, debated, investigated without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings.
- Journalists must uphold democracy; they are its fourth and last pillar.
- The pen had been mightier than the sword but then the tongue took over.
- If the one who is to get us the news is in chains, the news may get to us but with chains!
Cute Journalist Instagram Bios
- Truth is important to us at any cost.
- The future of journalism is in all of us.
- Fearlessness can be its own form of power.
- Journalism, look you, is the religion of modern society.
- Journalists from the future would appear as history was made. He got nervous as a crowd of them filmed his blind date from outside the cafe.
- Better a good journalist than a poor assassin.
- We give you information – you have to judge how good that is.
- It's not the news that makes the newspaper, but the newspaper that makes the news.
- You can’t define journalism in a few words – it’s actually the blend of several professions.
- Journalism, like English, is about the pursuit of truth in storytelling, not presenting information with the absence of judgment.
- Sourcing the correct information is our task to do.
- Only when the media shines a spotlight can people know and decide whether to act.
- You bury your lede in a hail of bullets, and no one will care enough to dig it up.
- We know the link between media and the public.
- When journalists are 'accused' of being 'advocates', that means: challenging and deviating from DC orthodoxies.
- I understand what can be interesting for the people.
- I'm an unabashed elitist. Everyone needs a good editor, and there is peril in worshiping amateurism and the unedited in science, art, and journalism.
- I've always been fascinated by the weather.
- We read obsessively, write furiously and edit carefully!
- Journalism can be lethal.
- Interviewing various celebrities is an interesting part of my profession.
- Magazines all too frequently lead to books and should be regarded by the prudent as the heavy petting of literature.
- I think I know what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers.
- If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.
- There is no room for discussing a creed, and mine is the freedom of the press.
- We don’t live by words alone, we sustain through them.
- I’m very much happy with my job role.
- The history of GDR journalism is a story of partisanship.
- It is not the job of the media to try to skew events but to report on events honestly. Anything else is journalistic malpractice.
- Journalists don’t collect news – they are powered to create news from mundane matters!
- Believe nothing until it has been officially denied.
- You want to evaluate musical art on its own terms, first. It is only when you have a solid grasp of that, that you can start to speculate.
- I became a journalist to come close as possible to the matters of the world.
- What matters is the information, not what you think about it.
- The power to mold the future of the Republic will be in the hands of the journalists of future generations.
- The rules were clear then. If you once crossed the line from journalism into partisan politics, you could not return. They were them and we were us.
- If you're not pitching, stop bitching.
- We are storytellers.
- Democracy is safe in the hands of journalists.
- The image of the journalist as a wallflower at the orgy has been replaced by the journalist as the life of the party.
Cool Journalist Instagram Bios
- I want to be a journalist again. I want to make a difference in the world.
- Our understanding of what is really newsworthy is a misunderstanding.
- Journalism is an act of faith in the future.
- As a successful journalist, I have to be well aware of the changes in media technologies.
- It’s the great flaw of journalism. The more something happens, the less newsworthy it is.
- Here we are in the century of information, that is to say, the unformed. Every kind of literature will be journalistic, with science for ballast.
- As a journalist, I am never afraid of exposing the truth.
- Most journalists are impatient to get their legwork done and to start the actual writing.
- The cleverly expressed opposite of any generally accepted idea is worth a fortune to somebody.
- News is only the first rough draft of history.
- Quit your bitching, if you're not pitching.
- Since they dared, I too will dare.
- Improving technology will continue to allow working journalists to be more efficient and to take on more assignments.
- We come up with well-researched stories on political topics.
- Newspapers, of course, need both news and fanfare. A blending of gossip and truth.
- We think there’s nothing off-limits.
- The journalist must strive to find out what is going on and tell it, not neuter the truth in the name of equal time.
- The Times is a paper which is seldom found in any hands but those of the highly educated.
- Journalism is not a precise science, it's a crude art.
- I can influence and persuade through my works.
- Everything you read in the newspapers is absolutely true except for the rare story of which you happen to have firsthand knowledge.
- It's great being a journalist because our office is the world.
- It’s the press, sister dear. They can print whatever they’d like, but that doesn’t make it the truth.
- The false promise of objectivity in journalism reinforces white supremacy.
- I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers.
- We work for the interest and benefit of the public.
- The truth will set you free, Jeff, whether it saves you or not.
- Myth is much more important and true than history. History is just journalism and you know how reliable that is.
- Make journalism the vanguard of information.
- All photos speak a thousand words. This one contained a library.
- Journalism is literature in a hurry.
- Equal time is not necessary when dealing with evil. Nazis do not merit equal or fair treatment.
- Journalism never admits that nothing wrong is ever happening.
- More and more people are saying no to government lies, corporate greed, and slavish media.
- It is not a commercial success but originality and proof of autonomy that are admired.
- Journalism taught me the ways to fight for the truth.
- Modern current affairs journalism is a diabolical slurry of political corruption and the flimsy whims of narcissistic millennials.
- Journalism is printing the truth what someone else hasn’t printed yet.
- Ah well, to the journalist every country is rich.
- If you don't hit a newspaper reader between the eyes with your first sentence, there is no need of writing a second one.
- neutrality only helps the oppressor, never the victim. And I think you can apply that to journalism.
- Everything is in the way the material is composed.
Unique Journalist Instagram Bios
- Truth and absolute truth is what I excel at.
- It is in the combination of words and visuals that the magic of understanding often happens.
- Effective and ethical journalism is destroyed when journalists aspire to become celebrities and when celebrities aspire to be journalists.
- Journalism can’t be done from the comfort of the office room.
- Journalists often work long hours without much financial reward.
- In addition to curiosity and a passion for innovation, the most successful journalists are also knowledgeable, creative, and open-minded.
- Only two professions allow you to know it all – creative writing and journalism.
- Gone are the days when media reported now they are reported.
- I think journalism gets measured by the quality of information it presents, not the drama or the pyrotechnics associated with us.
- Journalism is all about putting efforts into presenting a simple incident in the most interesting way.
- Free and independent media underpin any vibrant democracy.
- The act of speaking out makes you alone.
- Journalism is exciting and I love this adventure.
- Reporters trade in pain. It sells papers. Everyone knows that.
- Words matter! Facts matter! Truths matter!
- Journalism is sometimes straining – both mentally and psychologically.
- I’m assigned to a specific area of coverage.
- Achieving the right balance is all part of programming a news magazine.
- Journalism is interesting – you just have to find the right ways to inspire interest among your audience.
- Nothing happens till a Great Man says it happened.
- If it's not written, it never happened. If it is written, it doesn't matter what happened.
- Yes, I agree that journalism requires courage.
- Uncertainty is as good a way as any to kill a story.
- Journalism delivers news, but not necessarily relevance.
- Les secrets rendent le desir encore plus fou.
- Sadly, the news media has largely become propaganda, not journalism. Journalists tell, not sell.
- I was a journalist and I liked to watch. I was in awe.
- For the love: a poet. For romance: a journalist.
- They were the paper of record, which meant they were in the business of protecting the system.
- Journalism is all about flawless interpretation of an incident.
- Unanimity makes me itchy. It almost always hides a grave. I started digging.
- Digital media has opened a new front for journalists.
- I observe – I study – I create – I follow.
- The essence of our industry is to be able to present something to somebody in the most concise form and in the quickest way possible.
- The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- It’s true that journalism in reality is not the journalism that we learned in the university. It is far from it.
- It is very much satisfying on providing information to others.
- Journalists should be watchdogs, not lapdogs.
- The job of a journalist is to amplify the voices of the marginalized. To do that, you have to hear those voices in the first place.
- Journalism and popular fiction have merged, and the graphic and the plausible have become an end in themselves.
- Progress occurs where truths are questioned.
- The world is changing fast – journalists are changing as well.
- War correspondents share something with soldiers; when they opt for this profession they know the dangers.
- I always make sure to keep the trust and faith of the people.
Funny Journalist Instagram Bios
- A journalist never sleeps!
- An editor is someone who is paid to tell a writer what she thinks about how he wrote what he thinks about.
- There are no mathematical equations for good citizenship.
- History always misrepresents the past, just as journalism always misrepresents the present.
- The media, like anything else, can be bought. Everything, it seems, has its price. Even the free press.
- It's easy to explain why you like something. But love? That's tricky. That's a story, not a sentence.
- We are not so very high-paid professionals - at least not in the beginning.
- Manipulating the media is akin to poisoning a nation’s water supply – it affects all of our lives in unimaginable ways.
- I have to be a good communicator in order to be successful as a journalist.
- We often expose ourselves to danger, particularly when reporting.
- I realize that I am not a journalist. So anything I say is not important.
- I write nothing but pure truth.
- As a journalist, I am entitled to find out the truth behind every incident.
- Elusion and problems are essential hazards of journalism.
- You're miserable, edgy, and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism.
- I chose my profession to let you know the truth and reality.
- We journalists make it a point to know very little about an extremely wide variety of topics; this is how we stay objective.
- I am a flexible person – my profession demands flexibility.
- I wanted to become a writer – later I realized the importance of writing truth and thus became a journalist.
- I don’t discriminate among news – I serve the best dish with the simplest of the ingredients.
- I tried to make my body as heavy as possible as I lay there on the frozen river.
- As touchy as cabaret performers and as stubborn as factory machinists.
- Journalism can kill us, but it’ll keep us alive when we’re at it.
- An exciting and rapidly evolving field, this field has a lot to offer recent grads.
- We are the protectors of the democratic public rule.
- Authentic journalism is telling people something that the government doesn't want them to know.
- journalism, the job of telling the stories power and money do not want to be told, of giving a voice to the voiceless, does not exist.
- A free press doesn't mean it's not a tame press.
- I don't think a tough question is disrespectful.
- Having a free press doesn’t mean anyone cares.
- You still need to be able to write, and to have a habit of writing - and if you can do this creatively, so much the better.
- It was electric. It was journalism. And it was spectacular. We were all in.
- Journalists need experts as badly as experts need journalists.
- By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.
- When words lose their meaning and their capacity to bind those who use them, neither democracy nor the rule of law can long survive.
- Reporting is not easy – you have to have the guts to report the truth.
- If it’s true that nothing is more potent than an idea, then those who control the media can direct minds en masse.
- I am well aware of modern media trends – that’s helpful in making my career successful.
- We research, write and report – that’s our job.
- I am here to tell you interesting stories backed with proper information.
- I travel to collect news – I travel to create stories.
- The truth is usually somewhere in the gray turbulent eddies set in motion by the mixture of black and white.
- The only objective of journalism is that nothing happened.
- Fighting for truth is not a sentimental act based on emotion but an act of courage based on clarity.
- I can express the truth in the most attractive way.
- Journalism largely consists in saying Lord Jones is dead to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive.
4-Step Guide: How To Create The Perfect Instagram Bio For Your Business
Instagram gives you 150 characters to tell your followers what your business is about.
This is where you are given the opportunity to summarize your company, engage your audience, and leave a great first impression.
We will break down the qualities and aspects of Later's Instagram bio, as a template for you to use.
Step 1: Highlight Exactly What You Do
Your Instagram bio should be a place where you tell your readers exactly who you are.
This should be brief, clear, and to the point. Explain what makes you unique and what you can do for your audience.
In the Later example, they do this in two different ways:
- In their profile name, they showcase their company name with a clear description of what they do
- They provide even more explanation and boost their brand up, saying they are the #1 marketing platform for Instagram
Step 2: Pitch Your Service [And Use Relevant Keywords]
While it's important to explain what type of company you are, it's also critical to pitch your product or service.
When creating a website, this is often the first thing people see on your site to really understand what you are offering and what makes you stand out from the rest.
Later does this using one line on their bio, and 8 relevant keywords:
Step 3: Provide A Clear Call To Action
Your call to action should be something you are encouraging your audience to do.
This could be in the form of a recent promotion you are offering, a link to a specific article you want eyes on, or just a way for users to get directed to your website.
In any case, you should always provide the user with easy access to whatever it is you'd like them to do. You can do this by providing a direct, embedded link on your bio.
For the Later example, they encourage users to check out their blog where they showcase tips and guides. This is a common strategy that brands use to get more traffic to their blog, and eventually, turn leads into customers.
Step 4: Use Emojis
Lastly, emojis are a great way to break up any text-heavy sections in your Instagram bio.
Be sure to use emojis that are relevant to your brand or to highlight the items you are discussing in your bio.
Later adds emojis to draw the readers eyes to certain aspects of their bio, such as what they do and their call to action:
Want to start your own business?
Hey! 👋I'm Pat Walls, the founder of Starter Story.
We interview successful business owners and share the stories behind their business. By sharing these stories, we want to help you get started.
Interested in starting your own business? Join Starter Story Premium to get the greatest companion to starting and growing your business:
- Connect + get advice from successful entrepreneurs
- Step by step guides on how to start and grow
- Exclusive and early access to the best case studies on the web
- And much more!
Did you know that brands using Klaviyo average a 95x ROI?
Email, SMS, and more — Klaviyo brings your marketing all together, fueling growth without burning through time and resources.
Deliver more relevant email and text messages — powered by your data. Klaviyo helps you turn one-time buyers into repeat customers with all the power of an enterprise solution and none of the complexity.